If work started at 9am for yourself ,what time do you arrive?

Basic work hours are 8:00 - 4:30. When I arrive depends on where I'm arriving to. Some of my tasks are out in the field and they require being quite a bit earlier. When I'm in the office I roll in around 8:15.

Depends. At times I've had a long commute, and leaving earlier meant that the commute time was shorter. I don't mind driving, but overall traffic is what drives me crazy. So I might get close to work and then find a place to get breakfast. I've been there where I could have just gone to work 90 minutes early.

It depends on the job. I arrive at least an hour early because I need to set things up and check e-mail, make sure there are not technology issues, etc. In a past profession, I was a manager and was just expected to come in very early and stay late. When I worked hourly jobs I arrived about 10 minutes early to clock in and chat with co-workers.

My company has flexible hours, arrive 7:00 - 9:00, leave 4:00 - 6:00 (8 hours plus 1 hour lunch). I usually start 8:30-8:45 (not a morning person). I’m exempt (salaried), they really don’t pay close attention, no time clock. It works both ways, sometimes I leave a little early, other times late. Especially since we’ve been working at home (pandemic). I have tomorrow off, I ended up working tonight until 6:30. I don’t miss the commute but the day will probably be coming soon that we will be back in the office, at least part time.

I strive to pull into the parking lot about 15 minutes before shift starts, which gives me enough time to get through screening and up to the clinic to clock in a couple minutes before. We have to clock in using a clinic phone and we can’t clock in until 7 minutes before start time.

One of my old neighbors would get so mad if people showed up for work on time but then immediately went to the bathroom.

As a manager he didn't think it was right for people to not have taken care of needed bodily functions before arriving at work.

It made him so mad that HR wouldn't let him fire the morning poopers. He tried locking the bathrooms until noon and was told by HR he could not lock the bathrooms.

Otherwise he seemed like a sane person.

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I 💩 on company time.

I start work at 6 AM, and 2 days a week, I have a 6 AM meeting. So I try to be at work by 5:50-5:55 to give me a chance to get logged in. Sadly, it is often closer to 6ish when I get there. Working at home right now still and try to walk over to the computer about 5:50 to start the login process.

When I used to start work at 7:30 AM, I would be there by 7:15-7:20 most days. I don't have any traffic as I live 1.5 from the office and all on surface streets. Longest part of my drive is one long light that I wait for most days.

I work in a hospital(clinical) and cannot clock in before 7 minutes till start of my shift. So, I get there right around 750-755. When I worked in an office and did not have to clock in, I was always 10-15 mins early. I usually a bit early for most everything.

The job I had before working full time as an artist was in an office. It opened for business at 8:30, and since I was dependent on the bus and the subway to get me there I left early and was in the vicinity of the office building by 8. I would usually get myself a coffee and a breakfast sandwich and go to the break room and eat until it was time to clock in. We were not allowed to clock in before 8:25 at the earliest, so I went on the clock at 8:30 and started my work then. You don't want me on the clock until opening time? Fine. You don't get free work.

It depends on the job. I arrive at least an hour early because I need to set things up and check e-mail, make sure there are not technology issues, etc. In a past profession, I was a manager and was just expected to come in very early and stay late. When I worked hourly jobs I arrived about 10 minutes early to clock in and chat with co-workers.
What you are doing is actually working. So your work day imo starts when you begin those things

Like 5 minutes early because I definitely do not want to start earlier than I have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter