If you’re not a tv watcher…

I have certain shows I like to watch, but on nights when nothing is on I like to read. If the weather is nice, we sometimes go for a walk or sit by the fire pit. Otherwise there is always chores to do. Sometimes I will watch old tv shows that I loved, like the Office, or Parks and Rec if nothing is on, but I am usually doing something like folding laundry while I watch.

I only...well, generally...watch the local and world news from 6-7 p.m. and then later on I watch TV in bed for an hour or so before shutting out the light. The rest of the time I'm either on the computer, reading, or doing some sort of craft-right now it's crochet.

I’d have to say it is mostly reading that has replaced my tv watching time. Books and online. There are other things like meetings, events and tasks to do, the latter even more so now that it stays light later in the evening.

I read, or do little things to catch up, things I don't get done during the day because I'm working- fold laundry, sort thru my sock drawer, grade lab reports (so that means working at home), messenger chat with my sisters or friends, etc. Sometimes DH, DD, SIL and I play games like Farkle or Rummikub, or I'll work on a jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes DH and I work on the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle. Just random things... and sometimes we watch "old" TV shows (like Big Bang) or series (Breaking Bad, Suits, etc).

We do watch our fair share of TV, but I spend more evening hours listening to podcasts and web-surfing, including the DIS. I play the odd computer game while listening and do all my reading in bed, at the end of the evenings. One thing I almost never do on weekday evenings is chores. Just not up for it after a long work day.

We aren't home most evenings until 8-9. Exercise classes & kids activities mostly. So then by the time I shower & scroll on the phone/computer a bit, I'm headed to sleep.

A little TV - we subscribe to two Italian channels and watch a soap opera show (30 minutes/weeknights), some news/movies. I like to watch some old shows (like Everybody Loves Raymond/always makes me laugh).

Some reading here and there, some solitaire, walking if the weather is nice/sit at the beach after dinner watch the sunset. FaceTime with my grandchildren. Don't usually run errands in the evening. Surf the web. Paperwork/house work depending on how busy my day is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter