If you are watching the coronation, are you team Camellia

One good thing to come from Charles' marriage to Diana -- Prince William and Prince Harry look like their mother instead of Camilla.

When William and Catherine were dating, Camilla reportedly thought Catherine was too common -- not enough royal in her blood lines. Really?

....talk about a slap-in-the-face for Harry. He was seated apart from the rest of his family and was stuck behind Princess Anne's rather large red plume during the entire ceremony.

britains-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-talks-to-britains-news-photo-1683367715.jpg

[...and he's probably thinking, "You're not gonna sit in front of me with that monstrosity on your head, are ya?"]
The Princess Royal’s hat was the best fashion accessory of the day. I do not believe the placement was accidental

I agree it would have been better for everyone if they had simply married when they initially dated. However, many sources say she was more in love with Andrew Parker Bowles than she was with Charles at that time and that is why she married APB. I can’t fault her for that. It’s just too bad that she didn’t realize she wanted out of her marriage before Charles married Diana. It might have saved everyone involved a lot of pain if she had divorced at that point and then they could have been married at that point.
I believe I read that Charles wouldn't have been able to marry a divorced woman (at that time).

While it's true that Charles and Diana were never going to have a happy marriage, and that Charles and Camilla should have been allowed to marry from the start, that is absolutely zero excuse for unrepentently screwing around on their spouses, especially for so long. They share equal blame, and neither of them should be rewarded for it.

While it's true that Charles and Diana were never going to have a happy marriage, and that Charles and Camilla should have been allowed to marry from the start, that is absolutely zero excuse for unrepentently screwing around on their spouses, especially for so long. They share equal blame, and neither of them should be rewarded for it.
But Diana was no innocent in that department either. Plus she had affairs with multiple men. Charles and Camilla only wanted each other. They were all unhappy but stuck with their circumstances. It’s sad for everyone involved. Charles and Camilla are fortunate to be living the life they wanted 50 years ago.

My mom was Canadian and grew up when it was still a British Commonweath (which is was until 1982) and grew up following the Royal family. So I grew up with her following and commenting on all things Royal. She didn't care for Camilla when she first started dating Charlies in 1970. So I grew up in an environment that would have to be described as NOT being Camilla's Team. "Old Horse Face" as my mom and her 3 sisters used to call Camilla.

Charles was the first to stray - as early as on his and Diana’s honeymoon, when Diana discovered the entwined “C&C” cuff links he was wearing were a gift from married Camilla, which Diana later said ruined her honeymoon. At that time Diana was a naive 20 yr old who was very much in love with her husband and hadn’t yet realized that his intended purpose in marrying her in fact was to produce an heir {and a spare, as it were) which was the result of pressure from his family (In particular his father and his grandmother). She was used 😬 and later, when she realized there were ”three of them in their marriage”, yes, she became angry and moved on with her own life: it had became increasingly apparent to her that Charles, all along, had really been in love with Camilla, and he made little attempt to conceal it during their marriage.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-camilla-parker-bowles-royal-family-diana-spt

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/royals/princess-diana-confronted-camilla/

But Diana was no innocent in that department either. Plus she had affairs with multiple men. Charles and Camilla only wanted each other. They were all unhappy but stuck with their circumstances. It’s sad for everyone involved. Charles and Camilla are fortunate to be living the life they wanted 50 years ago.
Diana only stepped out after it was clear that Charles wasn't going to stop. Anyway, she's dead now and beyond any consequences this world could possibly give her, while Charles and Camilla aren't. They don't get a pass on publicly celebrating their prolonged infidelity just because the third party didn't react in an ideal manner when she was alive. Charles and Camilla are indeed fortunate, far more fortunate than either of them deserves.

If Charles' character is so weak that in his thirties he couldn't tell his parents, "If I can't marry the woman I want to, then I'll stay single," then it isn't strong enough for him to wear the crown. OK, the late Queen forgave him and kept him on as her heir despite the weakness he's shown absolutely no sign of maturing past. That's fine, and he's certainly not the only morally dubious man-baby to ever ascend the throne. But it should have been at least as low-key an event as his second wedding and not a lavish public celebration, and she shouldn't have been crowned at all. I realize that my opinion doesn't matter to them in the slightest, but there it is.

Last edited:
I'm torn on this one. I never liked her back when the affairs and divorce were all happening, because all my sympathy was with the children whose lives were being turned upside down.

But at the same time, I do think it was sad that they weren't allowed to marry in the first place, way back before all that. They're clearly a better match than Charles and Diana were.

Considering it's really none of my business anyway, though, I guess it's best to wish them well now and let them get on with their happy ending.

A lot of mistakes were made in the 80s, the whole Charles and Diana saga was one of them.

Camilla devoted her life to the royal family and to Britain, she does great work highlighting domestic abuse victims and children's literacy, among other things.

To keep seeing her as the third person in a marriage 35 years after it happened, and bypass all the good deeds she has done since... that's selling her short.

I wouldn't worry too much about Camilla becoming the new hot name.
They have been married 18 years. If the name was going to become uber popular it would have happened years ago.
Eta...I think it's a lovely name, by the way. Names that are a little traditional are cool to me.
It became popular about 15 years ago..... lot's of little girls on the playground with the name.

My mom was Canadian and grew up when it was still a British Commonweath (which is was until 1982) and grew up following the Royal family. So I grew up with her following and commenting on all things Royal. She didn't care for Camilla when she first started dating Charlies in 1970. So I grew up in an environment that would have to be described as NOT being Camilla's Team. "Old Horse Face" as my mom and her 3 sisters used to call Camilla.
Canada remains a British Commonwealth member and still has the King as it's head of state.

ford family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter