If you book a FP+ but don't use it and time passes, does it count as used?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
If you book a FP+ but don't use it and the time passes, does it count as being used? Saw this morning where character spot is moving to tier 1 at Ep. There isn't much else to use for tier 2 so you can book your 4thFP. If we (party of 5) all booked Soarin FP, Mission space and living with the land and everyone rode Soarin and living with the land but only 2 used the mission space FP and the time for that passes can we then book another Tier 1 FP for our 4th FP?

Yes BUT it's often faster just to tap into it so it counts as used.

only 2 used the mission space FP and the time for that passes can we then book another Tier 1 FP for our 4th FP?
Instead of waiting for the time to pass if it is FP#3, tap the MBs at the FP touchpoint to “use” them for the 2 non-riders.

Do CM’s frown upon that? Will someone ask why we aren’t getting in line? Or do so many people do it that they don’t care?

Do CM’s frown upon that? Will someone ask why we aren’t getting in line? Or do so many people do it that they don’t care?
No. They don’t care about a valid FP being tapped out. They care about the guests who show up 2 hours early for their FPs. :)

We had an issue with this in February. For some reason, my FP for Spaceship Earth didn't count as used, even though it was and I was unable to book a 4th FP. I couldn't modify it or delete it either. So you'll need to make sure you get it deleted somehow (tap in or delete from app) before you can go ahead with extra FP's.

We had an issue with this in February. For some reason, my FP for Spaceship Earth didn't count as used, even though it was and I was unable to book a 4th FP. I couldn't modify it or delete it either. So you'll need to make sure you get it deleted somehow (tap in or delete from app) before you can go ahead with extra FP's.

Yep, we've had that problem too. We just let it expire, but it still barred us from making more. We had to go tap the ride, or have a CM delete it for us. So now, we just always tap in even if someone in our party (usually DW) isn't going to ride.

Sometimes you can't tap in, or at least can't easily get to the ride to tap in. Like still at the resort and no where near the attraction. So you are left with no option but to let it expire. If it glitches and doesn't show as expired or whatever you can always go by GS and they'll fix it. Yes it's a PITA but if you can't tap in you can't tap in.

I don't believe deleting one of the initial 3 FP works. To the best of my memory, if you do this it will think you have only used 2 and make you use a 3rd before you can get a 4th (important for a tiered park). It's possible I'm mis-remembering but I'm pretty certain I've tried and that's what happened in my case. I had to make a 3rd FP, use it or otherwise have it expire, and then I could get more.

I don't believe deleting one of the initial 3 FP works. To the best of my memory, if you do this it will think you have only used 2 and make you use a 3rd before you can get a 4th (important for a tiered park). It's possible I'm mis-remembering but I'm pretty certain I've tried and that's what happened in my case. I had to make a 3rd FP, use it or otherwise have it expire, and then I could get more.

Yes, I believe that is right. I un-remember :D the specific details, but when we had our issue above the CM said we couldn't just delete it.

Deleting the FP will not work, because that puts you back to only having done 2. If you want a tier 2 FP, that isn't an issue, but if you wanted another tier 1, you must have used all 3 original FP before you can schedule another tier 1 FP. Either tapping in or letting expire are your 2 options. You may also modify it to move it earlier so it expires sooner if you can find another FP to replace it with (a throw away) or move to an earlier time, same ride.

Last month, DH never used any of his FP+s since he got a last minute tee-time. On MDE, it showed unused FP+s, so I just deleted them, and it allowed me to select another FP+ without any problem.

Why can’t you just cancel the FP. I’ve done on a number of occasions.

Why can’t you just cancel the FP. I’ve done on a number of occasions.
It can interfere with booking a 2nd Tier 1 if it were a Tier 2 that was canceled.

Canceling only allows the rebooking of a FP at that same Tier Level when in a Tiered Park.

If you just cancel and it is a park with tiers you won't be able to get another tier 1 until you use all 3 to begin with.
If you cancel it you won’t have three to use. You should be able to schedule another FP in its place.
It can interfere with booking a 2nd Tier 1 if it were a Tier 2 that was canceled.

Canceling only allows the rebooking of a FP at that same Tier Level when in a Tiered Park.
Thank you.

Last month, DH never used any of his FP+s since he got a last minute tee-time. On MDE, it showed unused FP+s, so I just deleted them, and it allowed me to select another FP+ without any problem.
You must not have tried to get a 2nd tier 1 until after you finished with the first 3 FP.
You can't delete or use a tier 1, delete or use 1 or 2 tier 2's and then book a tier 1.

Matter of fact, I had a problem with a tier 2 and it becoming an anytime FP due to a ride going down last week. It was a strange set of timing circumstances (something to be aware of that while rare, can happen easily enough with a ride outage for your 3rd FP). It had to do with ToT going down and coming back up exactly as we came to the ride, so we never even knew it was down. It was also right after we'd been issued an anytime FP but before we'd been notified via MDE. So I had no idea that when we went through the tap it used our Anytime FP, not our ToT FP. So as far as MDE was concerned, we never used a 3rd FP. I tried to make a 4th FP after the ride and couldn't. It kept coming up with the message that we weren't eligible for more FP yet. I knew we'd tapped in to ToT, knew it should have used our FP, and didn't, so went to GS. Since I never saw the anytime FP I didn't figure out what happened on my own. GS saw what it did and explained it. As soon as she mentioned the anytime, I put the 2 and 2 together and realized what happened. We'd noticed the queue was empty at ToT and thought it was odd. Anyway, that was the same thing as deleting a tier 2 FP, since ours went away and became an anytime FP. I had to book another tier 2 FP, use it or let it expire. Then I could book more FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter