If you book a suite at AKL, do you automatically get Concierge?

vbfamily

DIS Veteran
After reading many of Janet2K's posts, I was wondering if you book a suite at AKL do you automatically get concierge service?

Has anyone experienced a suite at AKL? What was it like?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Is this only true of AK suites? What about suites at other disney hotels?

I spoke with Disney and they said that the one bedroom suites at AKL come with concierge service. They are around $700/night, though.

She said that the Junior Suites at WL do not come with concierge. I think this is because they are scattered throughout the hotel. I know the Yellowstone and Yosemite suites on the top floor include concierge because they are on the concierge floor.

I think it all depends what kind of suite you are staying in at any particular resort.

The garden suites at BWI come with concierge and those are around $600/night.

It looks like sometimes it might be cheaper to book two concierge rooms rather than a suite, especially if you happen to get a code for that particular time.

Hey vbfamily,

That's what we did. We have 2 rooms booked concierge level. I was debating doing the suite, but I don't believe they are ever discounted.

The current answer seems to be yes, however, as with all things Disney, that is subject to change at any point in time. I have experienced both sides of the coin with Disney. I had a two-bedroom suite booked one year at the GF. I had the Grand Plan package added to the suite. We did NOT get access to the concierge lounge. And they STRESSED that to me repeatedly before our arrival. Then on another occassion, I had a two-bedroom suite booked at the GF. This time with NO Grand Plan package. Everyone in my suite was given access to both of the GF's concierge lounges. Go figure.

So, always verify at time of booking what sort of concierge access you may or may not have with your suite. And get it in writing.

By the way, you had asked if anyone has experienced a suite at the AKL. I have stayed in both a one-bedroom and two-bedroom suite there. The suites were identical (except for the number of bedrooms). The AKL is my favorite resort, with my favorite concierge staff. If you want to see photos of some of the suites that I have stayed in, just let me know.

This is all my humble opinion.

Janet2k

Thanks for the info. I

If you wouldn't mind giving me your opinion-If it were up to you, would you do 2 connecting concierge rooms or do a suite?

Have you ever stayed in a normal concierge room at AKL?

I would love to see your photos!

I have seen some by doing searches on these boards but if you could link me to them or point me in the right direction, that would be great.

I know that they said concierge service comes with the suite but I am kind of concerned they might change that policy.

Thanks for the info.

Vbfamily, it all depends upon how many guests you have in your party, and what sort of “vacation” you (and they) want. For one of my vacations, I wanted to book one of the BW’s Grand Villas (three-bedroom suite). My parents, however, did NOT want to be in a suite with us, they wanted a room down the hall. I wound up booking a two-bedroom villa and a studio room in order to make them happy. Of course I always prefer the large suites or villas because I love the “togetherness” that they give. This is my humble opinion, of course, and others’ opinions will vary, as it should be.

To answer your second question, I have stayed in the following AKL rooms: two-bedroom suite (fifth floor), one-bedroom suite (third floor), and savannah view room (non-concierge room on the third floor). The savannah view room on the third floor was lovely, and its view was wonderful.

In regards to a suite and concierge service, as long as you get it in writing, I wouldn’t fret too much. Since a suite costs more to stay in than a standard or deluxe concierge room, I would hope that Disney would always keep concierge service as part of a suite stay.

To see a few of my WDW photos, please click here. My suite photos are towards the bottom of that page.

Janet2k,

Actually, we only have 4 people in our party-Me, DH, DS and DD. The only problem we have is that we need extra sleeping room because we are going to WDW so my DH can do the Grand Floridian triathlon in Clermont. Anyway, he needs peace and quiet the night before and the day after and I want to be able to put him in a different room to sleep.

I think I probably just answered my own question-2 connecting rooms because we can then enter and exit from a different door than the room he may be sleeping in at that time. A suite is cheaper than 2 concierge rooms but I guess eventually I will figure out what will work best for us.

Thanks for the link to the photos. I appreciate it. You really take some great photos that show a lot of detail-which is what I need as I overplan and obsess about every little detail of our vacation, yet again :D

Vbfamily, well, it sounds like you finally have found your answer. Good going. Of course my answer would have been different -- I would have gone for the suite! ;) I would have locked my husband in the master bedroom while I had a party in the parlor room with my kids. The parlor has a half-bathroom, so none of us would have disturbed his beauty sleep. Heck, come to think of it, I would have made him sleep in the master bathroom because it is so large, and I could have kept the master bedroom AND the parlor room to myself (plus kids).

No matter what you ultimately choose, I hope your vacation is *magical.*

If anyone cares... recently I met a family who stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at WL for the 3rd year in a row for their family vacation... 10 days at Easter.

When they told me what it cost I nearly fell off the chair.. then I said "but you were concierge for that"

They said "what is concierge?"

I could not believe they did not receive concierge for what a 2 bdroom cost.

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter