• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could bring Walt back to life and take him on 1 ride, which ride would you choose?

Katie Little

DIS Veteran
If you could bring Walt back to life and take him on 1 ride, which ride would you choose?

I think I’d pick Mickey and Minnie’s run away railway. I think the trackless system and the projection mapping would blow his mind. It’s IP he’s familiar with, but it’s refreshed and I’d be curious what he thought about the new animation style.

The Caroursel of Progress. I would give him my opinion that we need more scenes to keep it "current". As is there is too much of a jump (of years in time) from scene#3 to scene#4

I would take him on a competitors ride. Demonstrate to him that his legacy will be lost soon if Disney Parks doesn’t get busy.

He'd be really old, so I think Small World would be all he could handle.
Would he be old, or just the age he was when he passed? He was fairly young when he died, so depending on whether he still had any health issues that he had in 1966, he might be up for something more. I would like to think he would.

My first thought was to take him on ROTR. I think he would appreciate the combination of up to date technology and the acting of the CM’s to fully immerse him in the experience. His attractions were all about the story. Then I would want to pick his brain for new attraction ideas once he understood how far technology has come since 1966.

We would enjoy a Dole Whip float while visiting with the Tiki Birds and then take a Minnie Van (because I think he would get a kick out of that) and go over the AK and ride Kilimanjaro, because he loved nature. The transfer between parks is so we can chat.

I would take him on a competitors ride. Demonstrate to him that his legacy will be lost soon if Disney Parks doesn’t get busy.
Not so sure. Those competitors, and some would say what Disney Parks are today, are exactly what Walt did NOT want.
I think all the Star Wars stuff would be the first things he took out.

I'd think maybe take him to the iteration of a Disneyland opening day ride that he actually experienced to see how it changed. He would appreciate improvements. That would leave out attractions that more or less stayed the same (supposedly the Disneyland Railroad was his favorite because of his love of trains).

So - I'd think Autopia.

Here's Walt Disney actually riding it like everyone else.

disneyland-uber.jpg

Not quite sure what he would think of Honda as a sponsor.

Disneyland-Autopia-Refresh-powered-by-Honda-front-hood.jpg

I think I’d pick Mickey and Minnie’s run away railway. I think the trackless system and the projection mapping would blow his mind. It’s IP he’s familiar with, but it’s refreshed and I’d be curious what he thought about the new animation style.
I agree with this because it also would go in line with his love of trains. I think he would be blown away that what he started would come all the way to what that ride is from an A/V standpoint. It’s absolutely amazing how far media has come.

I think he’d really enjoy the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I’d go with him on that.
He’d like when it slows and you’re in the mine, and the music. :goodvibes
It’s one of my favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter