If you could go to WDW any time of the year...

We went on our honeymoon way back when. (June 2007) It was a heatwave and drought in Pennsylvania when we left. I figured it couldn't be any hotter in Florida. I was wrong. We had a great time, but I vowed never again in the summer. We just got back a couple of week ago. (Coranado Springs, Dec 9 - Dec 16) The weather was PERFECT for me. I am hot all year long. You know that guy you see wearing shorts when it is 15 degrees outside and windy, that's me. DW, DD9 and DD5 all said they enjoyed the weather. It was about 20 - 30 degrees warmer than SE Pennsylvania. The crowds in mid December were surprisingly low. Looking online, they really picked up after we left. DW and I already picked out our next trip. Jan 30 - Feb 7 2021. We wanted to get the sameish weather without the Christmas crunch. (and we wanted to avoid the parts of school we can't miss, namely the ever important standardized tests)

My pick would be March early April, Epcot Flower and Garden is a great place to be in the Spring, especially if you live in the colder climates.

I would definitely choose to go in either September or late Janury-February (but not during a RunDisney) because it is nice and cool, in September Summer breaks are over and it's before Halloween, it January and February, Christmas breaks are over, kids are in school, and Spring breaks haven't started yet

As a school teacher, my family has only ever gone to WDW in the summer. I'm over the heat!

My DD (26), sister and I are planning a girls' only trip for 2020. We'd go for a total of 5 days.

We'd stay onsite. My top priority is cooler temps. Second priority would be lower crowds.

Any suggestions?

First 2 weeks of April. It is usually still mostly cool - can have warm days, but generally not hot. Everything is so fresh with the Flower and Garden Show, which is our favorite. There can be showers, but not usually wash outs.

We went a few times in Jan & Feb. and it was sooo cold and rainy that we left early twice - no more those dates for us.
Yes, it can be nice, but can turn the other way fast.

I used to go in January or beginning of February all the time, but a couple years in a row of too many rides being closed for refurbishment--especially the water rides--during that time ended my love of that time of year. Also, keep in mind if you do choose January or February, it can be cold--like wearing your winter coat all the time cold--at that time of year. It might not be, but it can be. And the last time I was there at the beginning of February, it was not only winter-coat cold, but it rained a lot. Not a great combination.

For those who say you can use the swimming pools in January/February, well, yes, you can. I see people using the pools all the time, no matter what the outdoor temperature is. The pools are heated . . . but . . . the air outside the pool isn't. This might not bother you and you also may think 55 degrees is a fine temperature for swimming. Just something to keep in mind.

I see suggestions of September. Realize that it's still very hot then--and it's hurricane season. But it's certainly less crowded than when you usually go.

Just FYI, there is no more uncrowded time at WDW. If you happen to hit a day or two or a park or two that feels not so crowded, it's pure luck. It's crowded at WDW really all the time now, although, yes, some times are way worse than others. Don't go for Christmas Day, for example!

We like the week before Memorial day best. The times we have gone then the crowds were not horrible and the weather was ok too. I also liked the 2nd week in September. When we went the crowds were very low but I will say the weather was nicer in May.

January. Leave the northeast for Florida. Festival of Arts and sunny Florida

We go every year. Low crowds. You can swim and just great

Grew up and still live in Florida. I do NOT go to the parks from May through just before Halloween. I can't stand the heat. October is great for the water parks though. Early December is my favorite time of year for the theme parks as they're decorated for Christmas and a bit thinner crowds. Rumor has it Superbowl Sunday is a great day to go.

Grew up and still live in Florida. I do NOT go to the parks from May through just before Halloween. I can't stand the heat. October is great for the water parks though. Early December is my favorite time of year for the theme parks as they're decorated for Christmas and a bit thinner crowds. Rumor has it Superbowl Sunday is a great day to go.

We live in the Bahamas. We also do not go between May and October due to the heat. Our favorite month to go is December. This year will be our 6th Christmas in the World.

We went the last week in September. We'll never go in the heat again. We're going back this December.

My favorite time of year to go is September, but the heat will be too much based on your post.

I also really like end of February, by that point the cold snaps are typically over. I've also been there in early May and the weather was in the high 70's to mid-80s. Warm enough for a pool day but not so warm that your constantly sweating.

Early March is a favorite time for us as we really enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival. We also like the first week of December. I found that even the 2nd week is way too busy. I've probably been for the Christmas stuff a dozen times so this coming year we are going to go in January to check out the Festival of the Arts.

I don't care about swimming as we live in New Orleans and have a pool at our condo so we have access to swimming pretty much all but a few weeks.

As a school teacher, my family has only ever gone to WDW in the summer. I'm over the heat!

My DD (26), sister and I are planning a girls' only trip for 2020. We'd go for a total of 5 days.

We'd stay onsite. My top priority is cooler temps. Second priority would be lower crowds.

Any suggestions?
I’ve been to WDW in the summer several times, once at Christmas, and once in February, when we still got February vacations. In April, we are going to Disneyland for the first time. I don’t know when it’s actually cool there. It’s never been below 87 degrees when we have gone, including December and February.

I would love to go in October for Halloween, but that won’t happen until I retire from teaching...about 9 years from now.

A couple of years ago we went to DW a few days before Halloween. The weather was wonderful! And the crowds were bearable. We were lucky enough to attend the MNSSH party on Halloween. The next day, it was literally Christmas in the parks. We were able to enjoy both holidays in the span of a week.

my dream disney trip would be during the fall, when the park is decorated for halloween and the temps are slightly??? cooler. When I was in WDW for NYE 2014, the weather was perfect!!! but the crowds were out of this world. Seems like no matter when you go, the weather either sucks or the crowds suck lol.

It was in the 90’s during my mid October trip. Year before a hurricane hit the area in October. Maybe early November is a better bet weather wise.

I went Dec 25th to Jan 1 this year. It was epic, but I don't think I would ever do that again. The issue is those dates cover New Years and Christmas and all other things aside, I came home with New Years fixed in my mind. It's too much. One or the other.

As far as when I would like to go back for cool weather, January. Perhaps MLK weekend in 2020, but any time in January would be good. Nice weather to escape from NY.

My personal favorite time to go is the last week of August, while it's warm. Very warm, like Cinnamon Buns at Gaston's warm. If you like cool, the last week of August is the opposite of what you want.

We have gone in February - not terribly crowded, weather generally good. Can be warm enough for pool time yet comfortable in the parks.

Also in the beginning of April - we had rain and mugginess, crowds were high. I won't go over spring break again.

End of April - started to get way too hot for us. Crowds weren't too bad, though.

Next trip we are looking at in early November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter