• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could just do 1 TS dinner that felt "Disney special" what would it be?

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
We are going in December for a shortish trip and it will be me, DH, DS 11 and DS 9 months. Planning on all QS and breakfast in the room with one TS. If you could only pick one TS dinner for your whole trip that was to feel special and "Disney" what would it be? So far I've come up with Crystal Palace and Ohana so I need suggestions! Willing to travel anywhere on property!

(Sadly, I guess signatures and V&A are out on this trip due to the baby though )

Thank you! :)

I hear good and bad things about Ohana. Some say the experience felt very rushed and the food wasn't what they expected. They kind of rush the courses to you.

The crystal palace is my absolute favorite character dining restaurant on property. My whole family loves the winnie the pooh characters so it's perfect for us.

I have heard good things about garden grill at Epcot. Chip and Dale are always very energetic and there is also pluto and mickey I believe.

Have a great trip!

BOG is a good suggestion because the castle is great, even waiting outside has a lovely view.

I would probably pick Sanaa and time it for best opportunity at a window. Good food and my family are all nutty about animals. We had the Safari driver break hard at a bunny. The animals were almost nonexistent on our last ride at the end of the day, so seeing SOMETHING had us yelling and pointing - LOL! The driver was hilarious, giving us a hard time. Sorry about the tangent, but AK is so much fun for us. The resorts attached are really neat.

Crystal Palace is ours. Even though the kids aren't as familiar with Pooh they still love it, and it's at MK. If Pooh is out of the question probably Tuskers, who doesn't like Mickey and friends.

We really enjoyed Garden Grill. Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale

Thank you guys- Tusker House is one I hadn't considered but the characters look good!

Last edited:
We love Ohana but I'd have to vote for BOG! The theming is so amazing and definitely screams "Disney!" :)

Unless your 11 year old wants to dine with characters, I would pick O'hana. The atmosphere is great, food plentiful and the entertainment and games are a lot of fun.

If you want a character meal, I would vote for Tusker House. The food is really good!

Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It's not "princess-ey," and the show is nearly as old as MK itself. One possible downside for your 9 mo: it lasts around 2 hrs.

California Grill, then watch the fireworks from the observation area. I think you can eat anytime that day, and bring your receipt back to the restaurant around fireworks time and will be allowed onto the outdoor viewing area. Kids are common, so don't be shy about bringing your littlest one.

50s Prime Time Cafe - fun if your 11 yr old isn't easily embarrased.

Our kids are younger and both girls, so we're doing BOG for our TS MK dinner. We're also going to do a dinner at Marrakesh at EP. The other nights we're either doing QS if we're at a park or dinner at our off-site hotel.

(Sadly, I guess signatures and V&A are out on this trip due to the baby though )

Thank you! :)

I wouldn't be so quick to count out any/all signatures. V&A is the only one with an age restriction so obviously that one is a no go. But if your looking for a nice meal you should consider all options.

What I mean is don't NOT go to a Sig. because of what other people there might think of a baby/toddler being in your party. Of course if it's YOUR decision that you'd rather not go, then that would be a different story.

We will be going in Dec with DD(8) and DS (almost 2) and we plan on hitting as many Sig.'s as possible. If our DS starts acting up we will obviously be respectful of everyone else and take him outside to calm him down. But I'm sure it's common for many young kids to eat at Sig.'s in a place like DW.

I wouldn't be so quick to count out any/all signatures. V&A is the only one with an age restriction so obviously that one is a no go. But if your looking for a nice meal you should consider all options.

What I mean is don't NOT go to a Sig. because of what other people there might think of a baby/toddler being in your party. Of course if it's YOUR decision that you'd rather not go, then that would be a different story.

We will be going in Dec with DD(8) and DS (almost 2) and we plan on hitting as many Sig.'s as possible. If our DS starts acting up we will obviously be respectful of everyone else and take him outside to calm him down. But I'm sure it's common for many young kids to eat at Sig.'s in a place like DW.
That's a good point and you're probably right. I think for this trip I would rather keep it semi casual but maybe when we go April 2018 for my fathers retirement trip we will do some signatures because we will be doing more TS. I hope you guys have a great trip!

I totally agree with this! But for OP, I think for just one meal with kids... Maybe you can show your DS11 some menus and maybe pictures of the restaurants to see what his opinion would be? :)

I would second Sanaa. I love being able to watch the animals during dinner and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is simply beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter