• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could only choose between

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Ohana or Cape May, which would you choose and why?

I'm trying to narrow down my last TS credit tonight.

Thanks!

Edit: I should add this is for dinner.

Last edited:
I think it depends on who all is in your party and the kind of food they like. Cape May Cafe is mainly a seafood buffet, but they do have chicken and ribs and things of that nature. At Ohana you don't leave the table, they bring everything for you. The main course is chicken, shrimp and steak skewers. Plus you also get salads and noodles and some other things. Plus, depending on the time you eat at Ohana you could possibly see Wishes out of the windows of the restaurant! They play the music in the restaurant as it is going on as well. Make sure you check the times of the fireworks for the day you would go before you make the reservation if that is of interest to you. Calling would probably work better because you could try and ask for a table by the windows.

Enjoy your trip!

For us I would choose 'Ohana because we're not big seafood people, and I prefer the atmosphere at 'Ohana too.

We liked Cape May, but it's not a must-do for us again. We loved 'Ohana.

At this point I would actually choose a third alternative. Not into seafood, and during my last visit to Ohana I was really disappointed in the service and food. So I'd skip both of these and find something else.

Those two restaurants are like comparing apples to oranges. What are your group's preferences? Atmosphere wise Ohana wins. But you really have to like Polynesian food because it's not a buffet where you have several options. Cape May, which is a buffet, has seafood but also different entrees, sides, and choices of desserts. Both are busy. I have found Ohana's reservations get backed up easily so plan plenty of time. The menus should help you decide.

Thanks for the input. I asked for help because the menus actually aren't helping narrow down the choice. Wish it was that easy! Both sound appealing. Thoughts on the overall experience, atmosphere, service, food quality (not type), votes for one over the other or advice to look elsewhere, etc have been helpful.

I'd pick Ohana

To me the atmosphere is the more "disney" of the two. It's that kind of kitchy retro polynesian vibe that I love so much about the original resorts and makes me think of walt, but i am also a fan of the tiki room for that reason as well :). The food is very good and it's sort of brazilian bbq ish but not really so I consider it unique to disney.

Cape May is a good buffet but the atmosphere is nothing to write home about and I can get all you can eat snow crab legs at the local chinese buffet. I feel it's a solid meal but I would not choose it over more "disney atmosphere" choices unless I was going frequently or had enough room in my schedule to scratch all of my disney itches and that too.

'Ohana, without a doubt. I found the food at CMC to be incredibly variable on how well prepared and hot it was both times I've dined there.

Thanks, everyone. I went with Ohana. Looking forward to trying it. I do have a slot open for Cape May if the Star Wars night time show/dessert party doesn't happen on the day we are at HS. Appreciate all the help!!!!

I would say it depends on what you're doing the rest of the day. Are you coming from MK? Then 'Ohana. Are you coming from HS? Then Cape May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter