If You Could Only Pick One Restaurant

I think CRT would be a nice splurge for your wife. The food quality has really improved. We’ve eaten there 2 of our last 3 trips this year & the meals have been delicious. Plus it’s much more relaxed & quiet right now with limited princess interaction. We we’re just there on Oct 1st & my son remarked how few children were in the restaurant. We hadn’t noticed but there were only 5 tables with children, 2 left & were reseated with all adult groups.

I think it also depends what feel you’re going for. Sci Fi is so unique it’s a must do for us. We went to the new Steakhouse 71 for lunch. The food was delicious & the new decor was mid century modern & well done. But the place is like one big, open bright room. Like a cool 50s cafeteria. Not quiet, relaxed or romantic IMO. HBD has good food but can be loud, depending on where you’re seated. Space 220 food was really good, nice atmospher, good spacing of tables & a lot of fun. We are also big fans of Chefs of France, although again, can be loud but even still we find it relaxing being able to watch then crowds walk around outside while we‘re enjoying our meal. Le Cellier food is great, but the tables can be right on top of each other, especially the 2 tops. Don’t plan on private conversation, because the person next to you will be closer than the person across the table from you will be. Plus we’ve paid more for our meals there than we have at anywhere else. Almost $200 without alcohol. For a nice, upscale meal, our go to is Yachtsmans Steakhouse. Menu has a good variety & decent prices. Tables are very nicely spaced so you can relax without worrying about being on top of other diners. And service is excellent.

We go to Skipper Canteen (MK-Jungle Cruise) and Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Epcot's Norway Pavilion) every time!
For our next trip, the must-go eatery would be Space 220.

No question I would leave the parks for a bit. Sunday Brunch (although not dinner) at the Contemporary Resort is my all time favorite. (Are they having this currently? I do not know.) My second favorite would be Topolinos at the Riviera.

Wow, tough question. Basically, though, you need to determine your goal and how best to reach that goal. You want to convince DW that TS meals are "worth it," right? So maybe don't go for the most expensive. Also, what would be "worth it" to her? For example, I know where I can get fantastic food, but sometimes I want fun or whimsy or atmosphere with good food. Is there a favorite movie or genre she likes - would atmosphere of BoG wow her if she loved Beauty and the Beast, and even if it did would the price scare her? Does she like to try new things, then maybe a buffet isn't a bad choice - in park there's Biergarten in the German pavilion at Epcot which also has a fun atmosphere with a band.
You have many options from which to choose in the above posts - consider your goal and your wife's preferences including whether she appreciates pampering and the associated cost or whether she wants good food for a fair price. Then, go look at the menus for the ones you're still considering and see if there are dishes you know she would love (or not) and whether she would appreciate the atmosphere based on the pictures of the restaurants and whether she would tolerate the price.
FWIW, we no longer think BoG is worth it - never ordered just dessert as some do, but I don't like being told which courses I'm going to pay for whether I want them or not and we have not been impressed with the food quality the last time we tried it (2 years ago, December) We're not doing Biergarten on our next trip but it is usually a regular choice of ours. This time, we have a new diagnosis in our family requiring dietary restriction so mostly picked for menus. We picked the following for the experiences plus menu, though: Space 220, 50th anniversary dinner at California Grill. YMMV.

In a park: Cinderella's Royal Table for the ultimate Disney experience. Food is good (not super great) but the castle has a great atmosphere.
Best overall experience: California Grill. Close to the Magic Kingdom (walkable) and the view from the observation deck is great. Food is outstanding. Try and time it for the fireworks for an extra special experience.
JMHO Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom
BOG

Whispering Canyon at Fort Wilderness Lodge

Swan & Dolphin
Il Mulino
Shula's
Todd English's Bluezoo Dinner: Really good seafood small portions tho. I can still remember being hungry after having a portion that didn't hit the bottom of my stomach.

Don't waste your time at Le Cellier nor Yachtman's steak house. Shula's trumps them both. Rank in order Shula's, Yachtman's, and Le Celier. We are trying Steakhouse 71 in November.

Sushi
Swan and Dolphins Kimonos
Disney Springs Splitsvile

AK: Yak & Yeti(Love, Love, Love this place did I say love.)
AK Lodge: Boma (also Grab a few Zebra Domes)

Epcot
Spice Road table
Monsieur Paul
Takumi - Tei Dinner
Norway - Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway pavilion (grab School Bread)
China Pavilion Tipsy Duck in Love drink. <--- sooooooo good

Disney Springs
Wine Bar George
Chef Arts
Polite Pig
Morimoto

Hollywood Studios
Brown Derby
Oga's Cantina go grab a drink or 2 and leave. Don't buy the food. Reservations are hard to come by.

In November we are trying the following
Sebastian's Bistro
Toledo
Plaza Restaurant (Not to excited about PR.)
Space 220 (read the reviews followed the thread for 2 years. Setting myself up to be disappointed.)
Steakhouse 71
Beaches & Cream last time we were there we barely finished the kitchen sink. We may try the mini sink. I have an extremely soft spot for Beaches & Scream especially when you can't get a reservation. My inner kid loves this place.

As a local who has enjoyed many restaurants in the area, both inside and out of the parks... hands down, no question...

Tiffins

Tiffins never, ever lets us down. Excellent food, interesting and attractive decor, & excellent service. Always an amazing experience. We've had the manager come by our table to chat with us multiple times, we've received cards welcoming us back for another visit, we've received free bags of candy made in house, and on our most recent visit they presented us with a free dessert for our anniversary. They also gift you an art card/print of artwork drawn by Joe Rohde, and on more than one occasion they have gifted us three or four prints. (The prints are so nice that we collect & frame them.)

Best steak- Shulas
Seafood /'and atmosphere, Narcoossees
Italian - I'll mulino
All three lean more towards adults, and every now and then it's good to get away and be a couple!

If I had to pick one I’d do Cali Grill.

My husband and I have done California Grill, Biergarten (family tradition), and Sci Fi (food is ok but the atmosphere is fun). This trip we’re going to try Brown Derby and hopefully Trader Sam’s and Space 220 lounge. (we’ve done a ton of other TS with the kids).

DH & I are going in January. I'm most looking forward to BOG. I'm hoping Jiko is open by then.

I think CRT would be a nice splurge for your wife. The food quality has really improved. We’ve eaten there 2 of our last 3 trips this year & the meals have been delicious. Plus it’s much more relaxed & quiet right now with limited princess interaction. We we’re just there on Oct 1st & my son remarked how few children were in the restaurant. We hadn’t noticed but there were only 5 tables with children, 2 left & were reseated with all adult groups.

I think it also depends what feel you’re going for. Sci Fi is so unique it’s a must do for us. We went to the new Steakhouse 71 for lunch. The food was delicious & the new decor was mid century modern & well done. But the place is like one big, open bright room. Like a cool 50s cafeteria. Not quiet, relaxed or romantic IMO. HBD has good food but can be loud, depending on where you’re seated. Space 220 food was really good, nice atmospher, good spacing of tables & a lot of fun. We are also big fans of Chefs of France, although again, can be loud but even still we find it relaxing being able to watch then crowds walk around outside while we‘re enjoying our meal. Le Cellier food is great, but the tables can be right on top of each other, especially the 2 tops. Don’t plan on private conversation, because the person next to you will be closer than the person across the table from you will be. Plus we’ve paid more for our meals there than we have at anywhere else. Almost $200 without alcohol. For a nice, upscale meal, our go to is Yachtsmans Steakhouse. Menu has a good variety & decent prices. Tables are very nicely spaced so you can relax without worrying about being on top of other diners. And service is excellent.

I hadn't even thought about spacing! That is definitely something I want to take into consideration in the age of Covid.

I would say select a TS restaurant that aligns to the type of food she likes/loves, which may also have a special connection to the both of you or this may be a step in creating a new special place.

BOG..... always have a great meal there. Delicious steak! Can't beat the ambiance either. Seeing the Beast is a big plus!.
Had a tasty meal at Artist Point Storybook Dining

My wife and I are going in late January for a long weekend trip and it will be the first time we've ever gone just the two of us. We've both been separately many times and together with her family. On her past trips she has almost never done table service and I have always been a big fan of WDW table service restaurants. We are only there for three days with a park hopper so we probably will mostly eat in the parks but I really want to convince her that we need at least one good Disney sit down meal, probably dinner or late lunch in a park. If you could only pick one WDW restaurant for such an occasion as this which one would you choose? Where would you take your significant other who has never really done WDW sit down dining if you could only pick one place? I mean do I go for the best meal? Do I pick the one that feels the most Disney? I'm so torn, HELP!! Seriously how do I pick just one? Which one would you choose?

:thanks: :disrocks:

If Hoop Dee Doo Revue is operating when you're there, then I would absolutely pick that above anything else because everyone should eat there and experience their dinner show at least once in their lifetime.

That being said, of the other WDW restaurants we've tried, my next pick would be the Brown Derby in HS. Food is excellent, decor is lovely, feels fancy, glamorous, yet relaxing at the same time. We had excellent service there.

It would have been Jungle Skipper Canteen for my MK choice but removing the Punch Line Punch may take it out of the running for me for our next trip in December. It was one of my reasons for going there. Now there's some Dole Whip Colada which for me isn't something I would drink with a meal. Also, I'm not a huge Dole Whip fan.

Our absolute favorites are Brown Derby and Jiko's!!! With that said, we have not dined at La Cellier which many rave about but reservations seem hard to come by. I am excited to try out Chef de France on our next trip. Also, if you are wanting a chance to see fireworks while dining we had a great experience at La Hacienda... great food, drinks, and service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter