• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could own at 3 wdw resorts, which three?

xWilliam

Mouseketeer
So for now my wife and I own direct at copper creek, and had any idea to buy 2 more resorts resell by the time we have kids and just rotate them every 3 years. So far only boardwalk sounded good to us, and cant decide on a third. I figured some of you have done this or have had similar thoughts. What resorts would you guys pick?

We now own at our two favorite places which are poly and CCV, we may end up with a BLT contract at some point just because the ability to walk to the MK.

We would love to own BCV or BWV but we just don't view the math as being favorable enough right now.

Last edited:
I would buy one MK resort, one Epcot resort and one "out there resort". This way I could do split stays and always stay near the park I intend to visit.

For the MK I'd probably say BLT for the convenience, but I'll stay there for the first time this September and I'm not entierly convinced about the theming. If I end up not liking it, the second best for me would be VGF.

As an Epcot resort, I'd go with BWV, for better views, the chance of the standard rooms and easier walk to DHS. While I like Stormalong bay, I prefer the theming and slide at the Luna Pool.

The "out there" category includes AKV, SSR and OKW. AKV is one of my favorite resorts overall, so I'd buy there, but SSR with DS in walking distance is nearly as attractive.

The reality is that I own SSR and I've been able to use my points to sleep around with quite some success. So until now I haven't felt the need to own multiple resorts.

So for now my wife and I own direct at copper creek, and had any idea to buy 2 more resorts resell by the time we have kids and just rotate them every 3 years. So far only boardwalk sounded good to us, and cant decide on a third. I figured some of you have done this or have had similar thoughts. What resorts would you guys pick?
I already own at 3 resorts...AKV, BWV and VGF. One AK area, one Epcot/HS area and one MK area. Every time that I think about adding a 4th resort, I think about how I already have the best in the World.

It's very difficult to use all of your points if you only plan to use a contract once every 3 years. Remember that you may only use points attached to the resort during the home resort priority booking period. If you want to use points from a different resort, you have to wait until the 7 month window opens and hope that there is still availability for what you need. (That's unlikely to be the case for studios at CCV and iffy for studios at BWV, depending on the season).

You may only bank points once (into the following use year) and you may only borrow points from one year ahead. If you proceed with this plan (rotate resort stays, using one contract every three years) , be prepared to lose a few points every year. (Try your plan on paper and you will see what I mean).

Good luck!

We own and BCV & CCV, very happy with both a MK resort and an Epcot one, if we added on again at a 3rd resort, it'd either be a monorail resort or AKV for the value rooms / concierge that are difficult to get.

We own PVB. I would love to also own at BWV. Not sure on third. I am interested in Reflections.

First, I would want to avoid buses as much as possible. Like the monorail, boats, and think I am going to love the skyliner.

Definitely want a resort for MK, so my first choice is the Polynesian. Love the theming, restaurants and monorail.

Also want access to Epcot for festivals and love the look of the new Riviera.

Currently own at AKL and love the resort. Wish it had better access to Animal Kingdom, but still one of my three.

We have two kids, and bought at BLT, GCV and AKL because we could book a one bedroom and the kids didn't have to share a bed and had their own bathroom.

We own at 2 resorts (OKW and BLT) and aren’t interested in an additional purchase now, but it would be BRV (we love Wilderness Lodge area) or BCV or BWV (for the convenience of walking to Epcot).

We own at Aulani, are currently in the process of adding BLT. If we had one more to add it would most likely be BCV for quick access to Epcot and Hollywood studios and more relaxation days at SAB pool!

We have owned 5 resorts and are now down to 3:

HHI for beach trips with just 5 hour drive from home
BWV for walking to 2 parks, our annual F&W trip and saving points with standard view
CCV bought for Dec trips but just used 2 years of points for 3BR at AKV for 2 nights this Dec (we only have 70 points here)

We had OKW and AKV too. Sold the AKV a few years ago once we realized we can pretty much always book there at 7 months out with other points as we like Savanna view. And we sold for $15pp more than we paid. Just, this month, sold our OKW because we just didn't need so many points anymore and we got $16pp more than we paid (and I have a feeling the price will go down as it gets closer to 2042). OKW is our least fave resort to stay at so we were using those points all over the place. That was good but we no longer need to have so many points...with OKW sale we went from 650 to 450. We still may sell 50 more points to stay at 400.

I like having the HHI and BWV but would probably rather have SSR as the 3rd. We like CCV and BRV but they ruined of our fave TS place, Artist Point and they stopped the RS club level add on. We did that for a 1 night trip to CCV last Oct. Ww enjoyed it and were planning on adding it again this Dec (I had a cabin booked). But when they did away with it and with the cabin being just 2 bedrooms and our party is 8 people we switched to AKV 3BR GV. We are not MK people so really our 4 go to resorts are: BWV, BCV, SSR and AKV. It will be nice to stay at CCV one Dec trip though. My plan was to get a 2BR and studio for this Dec but I couldn't get a studio even as an owner who was online 8am of 11 month window. So we will need to do 1BR or 2BR some Dec down the line. The new RR seems like a good one....as long as the gondolas work as well as everyone thinks they will. There is no walking to anything from there. Plus I would not buy there because of the resell restrictions. Reselling will drop the price quite a bit so it's a loss in value due to that restriction.

1) A monorail/MK resort - VGF is our current favorite
2) an Epcot resort - BWV for the walk to two parks and point chart
3) AKV or SSR - would use these points to try Aulani, HHI, and other resorts at WDW. Would probably buy at AKV even with higher dues just to have the 11 month window to try for value or concierge rooms

We own at all of the resorts except for CCV & Riviera, so it's a list of our three favorite resorts if we were to buy again.

1. Grand Californian.
2. Beach Club
3. Polynesian

Last edited:
We own at all of the resorts except for CCV & Riviera, so it's list of our three favort=ite resorts if we were to buy again.

1. Grand Californian.
2. Beach Club
3. Polynesian
That's actually really good insight! I live to close to Disneyland that grand Californian wouldn't make sense, but I've always wanted to. My wife loves the poly, but we haven't stayed there yet, but we have a stay planned there next year

We also own at 3 resorts, and each resort is good for a different kind of vacation.
OKW was our first-great for a relaxing WDW vacation when we don't want to spend too much time at the parks, and want our car nearby.
BCV for the F&W festival or really any time we want to spend lots of time at Epcot. Also, when DH ran the Dopey and also a 1/2 Marathon, he liked the location of that resort.
HHI is our go to get away, relax, don't plan. Also, our Thanksgiving resort.

I would picked BWV for being able to walk to two parks, BLT to walk to MK and then SSR to use to try out other resorts.

We own at BWV, BLT, SSR and OKW.

My 3, and I own at 2 of them:

1) Boardwalk (Bought in 2000)
2) VGF (Bought in 2013)
3) Copper Creek ( won’t buy, things got too damn expensive)
Will rent points when staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter