• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If you did the dining plan before is there anything you are doing different

This trip we will be having a later dinner. We usually have lunch at about 11:30 and dinner at about 5:00 and miss most of the crowds but with so much to eat, we weren't hungery by dinner time. Most of our ADRs are for 6:30 or later.

We shared many meals last trip and enjoyed more TS lunchs as a result but we didn't use 8 CS meals and 13 snack credits. I thought we would be eating brkfast some days but everyone stayed in bed too long. This time I will be using the credits more liberally including only ordering part of a TS meal for myself instead of sharing as much and/or my own CS meal. I know we won't be running out of credits by the end of the trip. I bought several $1 - $2 snacks at the food and wine festival last year and saved snack credits for later but we were never hungery enough to use all the snack credits.

Thanks to last year's dining plan, we now have some new favorites that we will be revisiting. Fewer buffets and more nicer places since the kids won't be joining us this time.

We are planning to eat in more restaurants that aren't a set price. My kids (6 and 8) really loved Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon where they got to order cool kids desserts and not as into as many character meals. Last time I did half and half, next trip we'll probably only do 2 char meals and 6 other places.

We really liked doing small breakfast in the room and eating an early CS lunch and early dinner. That way we pretty much never waited in line or for our table (except at Le Cellier).

Yvonne

We will not do as many buffets next time. We will do more sharing of 2 TS meals for the 3 of us and adding more TS lunches and b'fasts.

We will also use more CS credits for b'fasts so we will be able to cover all 3 meals a day using just the DP, and not spending any OOP for extra meals.

Last but not least, we will use our snack credits for H2O and F&W stuff- last time, we didn't know we could use snack credits at F&W and wasted lots of $$ on the booths. We went home with almost all of our snack credits unused because we didn't want to "waste" them on H2O early in the trip.

Having the meal plan again, I would also pass on most of the buffets. I would not do Cape May Buffet or Chef Mickey's again. Though we have always enjoyed Chef Mickey's I think Pooh's Crystal Palace meal had better food. I would get later reservation times for dinner. While I enjoyed Le Cellier I would not miss the Concourse Steakhouse this time. Also might flip-flop doing table service for lunch and counter service for dinner one night.

We only stayed 5 days/4 nights so I thought I would have no problem keeping track of our remaining credits. Boy was I wrong.

For my summer trip I cut out a square of card stock paper. I cut the paper slightly (similiar to what you see on a flyer to pull of someones phone number). One side is for Table Service, the other counter, the other snacks. I will just tear off a tab for each credit we use.

MomofKatie said:
Last but not least, we will use our snack credits for H2O and F&W stuff- last time, we didn't know we could use snack credits at F&W and wasted lots of $$ on the booths. We went home with almost all of our snack credits unused because we didn't want to "waste" them on H2O early in the trip.

MomofKaite: We will be at Epcot on 9/29/06 - the first day of the F&WF. I had heard we can use the Snack credits here. Can you explain how that works? I hear that items are like entrees but in appetizer portions and range in price from $2-$5 - right? We will have a total of 12 snacks and plan to buy 1 item at each of the booths of our choice and share the nibbles.

Also, I believe F&W starts when WS opens at 11:00. This year the first night also happens to be an Epcot LATE NIGHT. Any suggestions as to if/how/where we should do dinner? We thought about being there right at 11am & munching our way around WS (not doing any of the wine lunches, etc.) Currently we have a 4:20 dinner ressie at Le Cellier. I'm not sure if all the munching will fill us up or make us hungrier?

We could switch to a CS for lunch and a CS dinner if needed. But if I do, I'll definately have to set an ADR for Le Cellier earlier in the week as it is a must do for us.

The late night really complicates matters, especially since MK closes at 6pm that night (first night for MNSSHP) so MANY people will probably be crowding Epcot.

Maybe our best shot is to hit F&W at opening - munch until the crowd builds - do the LC dinner - then hit some of the rides while all the new arrivals are munching around WS. Then, if there is time/food/appetite left, we can hit the booths again at 8 or so?

I would welcome ANY suggestions!!!!

At the bottom of each receipt you receive from restaurants it will tell you how many of that particular type of credit are remaining. IE, ie you use a snack credit, the receipt will tell you how many snack credits are left. If you use a counter service, it will tell you how many counter service are remaining. It is also my understanding that you can hand your card to any CM that has a cash register and they can give you the balances.

2ofUs said:
MomofKaite: We will be at Epcot on 9/29/06 - the first day of the F&WF. I had heard we can use the Snack credits here. Can you explain how that works? I hear that items are like entrees but in appetizer portions and range in price from $2-$5 - right? We will have a total of 12 snacks and plan to buy 1 item at each of the booths of our choice and share the nibbles.

Also, I believe F&W starts when WS opens at 11:00. This year the first night also happens to be an Epcot LATE NIGHT. Any suggestions as to if/how/where we should do dinner? We thought about being there right at 11am & munching our way around WS (not doing any of the wine lunches, etc.) Currently we have a 4:20 dinner ressie at Le Cellier. I'm not sure if all the munching will fill us up or make us hungrier?

We could switch to a CS for lunch and a CS dinner if needed. But if I do, I'll definately have to set an ADR for Le Cellier earlier in the week as it is a must do for us.

The late night really complicates matters, especially since MK closes at 6pm that night (first night for MNSSHP) so MANY people will probably be crowding Epcot.

Maybe our best shot is to hit F&W at opening - munch until the crowd builds - do the LC dinner - then hit some of the rides while all the new arrivals are munching around WS. Then, if there is time/food/appetite left, we can hit the booths again at 8 or so?

I would welcome ANY suggestions!!!!

Sounds like you are going to have a great F&W experience!

Unfortunatly, since we didn't know we could use our snack credits for F&W stuff, I'm not sure how it works. I'm guessing that the booth will have a sign posted stating which items are considered a snack on the DDP. Then, just hand your room key card (which has all of your food credits on it) to the CM at the booth, and tell them you want to use a snack credit for the sample. If that's not how it works, I'm sure someone else will let you know.

Snacking your way around the WS sound like fun- IMO, a good "lunch" portion would be 3 or so samples. Then, you could have an afternoon snack, have your early Le Cellier dinner, and do another 2-3 samples later on as a late evening snack.

I'm jealous- we will miss F&W this year :sad1: . Go and have some baklava and ice wine for us :teeth: ! You'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter