If you had a magic genie give you one free room...

Which would you choose?

• Contemporary, Lake view room or garden view

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Polynesian, Pool or Marina view

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • Boardwalk, Garden view

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Grand Floridian, Lagoon or Garden view

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • Yacht Club, Garden or Woods view

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Wilderness Lodge, nature view

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Beach Club, Garden or Woods view

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Animal Kingdom, pool view

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
You are granted a free room, 10 nights at any Deluxe resort, no upgrades, no club level, not the best view just a garden view type room. (I know, kind of strange for a Genie to limit you, but go with me here lol)

Which resort would you choose? Why, and have you ever stayed in the room before?

I've stayed in all those resorts and most all those room types (exception was AKL, we always do savannah view)
Today's rooms? I'd pick YC (only because you eliminated CL rooms)
The soon to be renovated rooms, I'd pick WL. I just won't pick it till they finish the renovations. Our room was really bad last month. It NEEDS the reno

Pretty much a tie for Poly or GF- I chose GF for the poll. Honestly all are great. My bottom of the list would be AKL pool view and CR garden Wing, but those would still be amazing, just the worst of the best haha!

I would vote actually for Poly bungalo -- we own DVD but would never have enough points to stay there. Probably pretty magical to sit on your deck with the music piped in watching the fireworks. I'll keep dreaming (or hope that i hit the lottery)

I've stayed in all of these resorts and categories and based on my current mood, I would pick YC. I've given up on the monorail resorts. I find Poly to be exceptionally loud and chaotic and, while I do like GF, MK isn't our favorite park, so even CR and WL aren't floating my boat right now. WL's and AKL's rooms are smaller than the other deluxes and I don't like pool views (again, too loud), so that category at AKL is out. I love BWI, but we've had continuous noise problems there (had to call the sheriff at 5:30 am on our last trip due to a domestic violence incident next door. fun times) and BC is a maze. So, that leaves YC! I love the new refurb and I think the design of the new rooms is top notch. It's also quiet!! If the genie has a little leeway, I would take a one or two-bedroom suite at any of these resorts! But at this point, I'm inclined to book 1- or 2-bedroom villas at BCV or BWV as we've never had noise issues in any of those rooms.

I've stayed in all of these resorts and categories and based on my current mood, I would pick YC. I've given up on the monorail resorts. I find Poly to be exceptionally loud and chaotic and, while I do like GF, MK isn't our favorite park, so even CR and WL aren't floating my boat right now. WL's and AKL's rooms are smaller than the other deluxes and I don't like pool views (again, too loud), so that category at AKL is out. I love BWI, but we've had continuous noise problems there (had to call the sheriff at 5:30 am on our last trip due to a domestic violence incident next door. fun times) and BC is a maze. So, that leaves YC! I love the new refurb and I think the design of the new rooms is top notch. It's also quiet!! If the genie has a little leeway, I would take a one or two-bedroom suite at any of these resorts! But at this point, I'm inclined to book 1- or 2-bedroom villas at BCV or BWV as we've never had noise issues in any of those rooms.
Very informative! Right now, I am kind of leaning towards Yacht club also. I've only stayed at the CR. We loved it, but there were some problems, now that the Disney magic is fading away.

I would vote actually for Poly bungalo -- we own DVD but would never have enough points to stay there. Probably pretty magical to sit on your deck with the music piped in watching the fireworks. I'll keep dreaming (or hope that i hit the lottery)
I never like the looks of the Poly rooms. But I saw a video in my research of those bungalows. Uhm ya, I would totally love that.

I picked Boardwalk, but would be happy with any non-pool view rooms at the Epcot resorts because I seriously love Epcot.

I picked Boardwalk, but would be happy with any non-pool view rooms at the Epcot resorts because I seriously love Epcot.
I am curious. Why Boardwalk, before the other Epcot resorts? I am curious about the Epcot resorts, and I wish I liked the looks of this one more, because it seems to be closer to HS.

I am curious. Why Boardwalk, before the other Epcot resorts? I am curious about the Epcot resorts, and I wish I liked the looks of this one more, because it seems to be closer to HS.
Because it is the only one I have ever actually been to lol. Plus Flying Fish is there.

I'd pick a choice you didn't have AKL - standard view.

I dislike pool view.

That was my pick too!

Though I am fulfilling a lifelong dream of staying at the Poly before my cruise this summer. (Actually two dreams - being in Disney World on my birthday AND staying at the Poly!)

I voted for Beach Club, but it was a hard pick between that and Poly (no pool view). If I my kids we're with us I'd go with the Beach Club for that pool, if it was just me and hubby I'd pick the Poly since I love that vibe.

I've stayed at all of these, and Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. However, Boardwalk is a close second; I prefer the location, plus it's been more recently renovated. If I'm staying for 10 days I'd prefer to be at an Epcot resort. No way would I stay out at AK for 10 days, but that's just me (and of course for free I would happily stay anywhere!). And I may be in the minority, but after a couple BC/YC stays that pool just doesn't excite me much; I'd rather go to Blizzard Beach.

So I'd choose Boardwalk because it comes out ahead overall. But if the genie would let me, I might pay the extra to upgrade to CL! Boardwalk CL is the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter