If you had any time to pick to go...

I have been in Jan, Feb, March, May, June, August, October, and November. Our recent trip in early October was the best ever (perfect temps, low crowds, did MNSSHP, etc). The only time that rivals it for weather is March, but then you have the horrible crowds. You could try late Feb if you can swing it but it is a little too cool for water parks and beach, which for us are a huge part of our trip.

I think you should try it during another time just so you can see that you normally go at the best time possible (October).

I would really like to go during Flower & Garden. The beginning of our first visit with kids fell the last week of F&G. Epcot was so beautiful.

Well lets see:

Hubby like the end of September/ early October. We always used the free dining promo during that time.

First two weeks of December are great as well. Nice weather and you really get into the Christmas spirit.

Next trip I am trying the end of January/ early February. First time doing this but I am hearing good things.

I have been in Jan, Feb, March, May, June, August, October, and November. Our recent trip in early October was the best ever (perfect temps, low crowds, did MNSSHP, etc). The only time that rivals it for weather is March, but then you have the horrible crowds. You could try late Feb if you can swing it but it is a little too cool for water parks and beach, which for us are a huge part of our trip.

I think you should try it during another time just so you can see that you normally go at the best time possible (October).

That's what I'm worried about, going out of our element into a new time frame and running into things we are prepared for lol. For example high crowds, which we try to avoid for the most part, by going in sept/early oct.

I really like the sounds of the week before thanksgiving or the first week of December. Any more travelers of that time frame?? How are the crowds comparable to the first week of October?

For example in the first week of October the longest wait time we see is usually is 30 minutes but even that is rare.

How about free dining in December/November?
Does anyone use the pool during that time... How's the weather like?

October is awesome for the promo and crowds but its just sooo hot! Definitely need a change for our next trip..... Maybe may also.... So many thoughts and options :) thanks for the input guys!!!

We have travelled in January, February, April, May, September, and November (early December this year, which everyone says is great but all the resorts are pretty booked for that week and not too many ADRs so some are starting to wonder how crowded it will be!). Our favorite time by far is January. Either the week after the marathon or the last week. Crowds are so low, weather is nice in the daytime and a bit cool at night. Nothing better than wandering around the World Showcase in jeans and a light sweatshirt! We are usually able to get in at least 1-2 pool days as well. This year, the week after the marathon, it was around 78-80 each day until the very end, when a cool front hit and the high was around 55. It was still fabulous!

Late Jan/early Feb is good, but I don't usually recommend it to first timers who don't know if/when they'll be back because that's usually when some rides are down for refurb. Otherwise, yes I totally agree.

3rd to 4th week of August.

This year we went the 1st to 2nd week of August & it was a bit too crowded but the price I paid for our room was great.

I live in CT so the heat & humidity are normal for us so if I am going to be hot, I'd rather be hot in Disney.

I love that we only bring shorts, shortsleeve shirts & tanks. No coats, light coats, pants.

I have gone in February & it was too cold for me.

I have gone the last week of March, first week of April & Easter ended on our last day. After that trip I said I would never go during spring break weeks ever again (now if someone paid for my trip then OK!!). But it was chilly at night. We needed pants & a light coat.

I have gone in May/Mothers Day w/e. Again too crowded for me.

June-OK I don't remember that since it was 1975.

July-I think that was the hottest week we had ever gone. IT was also crowded like it was in early August.

I will say we went to Ft. Myers in April this year & we drove. On the way back home we stopped in DtD for dinner. While we were still in shorts, I could feel a temperature change.

I do not recommend the first week of October anymore. It was pretty crowded last week when we were there. Wait times were not horrible but they certainly were not low and if we had not had FP+ for the big rides, we would not have ridden bc of the wait times being well over 45 minutes. Plus just the crowds walking through the parks were pretty big to me. And I did use easywdw and touring plans to plan my days (they agreed on best park on everyday but one). I also have several friends that went last week (we all had fall break) and they were at different parks than me and had the same experience.

We enjoy early May and Early September. We like Food & Wine or Flower festival. We alternate. Really nice times to go :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter