If you had to choose... dining edition

Zooey

Mouseketeer
We’re planning the dining for our September trip for my wife and I, we’ve been a bunch of times, and a couple of good friends of ours who are Disney fanatics but hav s ever been to the glorious west coast original.

We can’t seem to decide if we should do a World of Color dessert party, or Carthay dining package, or just save the money and get Fastpasses and eat somewhere else. Which would you choose?

Barring any miracle of getting into Club 33 we want to do either Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 for a special dinner. Which would you choose?

Last, Blue Bayou or Cafe Orleans? WWYC?

I would do the World of Color Dessert party. The seat is worth it for me. View was great. Go to the lounge area at Cathay rather than a sit-down meal. Love the lounge.
Blue Bayou is tradition for us. The experience, at least once, is great.

Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining package, OR one of the other Fantasmic dining packages, do not get Fastpasses for Fantasmic, as its the worst viewing option.

World of Color check the menus and food options.The food for desert party is not worth it to me for the upcharge. I have done Wine Country Tratoria dining package and was at the front of the railings in the section behind the splash zone. Amazing view BUT to get that view I was waiting in line about 30 minutes BEFORE they opened the viewing area.

This year I am doing Cathay Circle dining package for Frozen show

Not sure about anything else but for our trip in a few days we’ll be going to Cafe Orleans instead of Blue Bayou because my dad feels that Blue Bayou is overpriced. :)

We enjoy Napa Rose more than 55. Mostly because of atmosphere and we know probably half of the staff that works there

I have done the dining package for WOC, and did the regular fp as well. I just feel the dining package is not worth it over getting the fp without the meal. I would save the money, and eat where I wanted to for a better dining experience.

My choices are Steakhouse 55 and Cafe Orleans. Blue Bayou has the atmosphere, but food really isn't worth it. As for SH55 or NR, I prefer the food type of SH55.

So for me it depends... For example I would do Blue Bayou if I wanted Fantasmic fast passes but Cafe Orleans if I didn't. I would also probably do the WOC dessert party for the seat but if you want to eat at Carthay anyway then I would do that and not have the added expense of the dessert party. While I do like Steakhouse 55 I would probably choose Napa Rose over it just because I enjoyed the experience there more.

I agree with gerilyne on BB or CO. If you want to see F! then do BB and do the F! Dining package there. If you’re not planning on F!, then do CO.

For WoC, I haven’t been to Carthay but I love the dessert package. I don’t think you can look at it in terms of “value” for the food. It’s clearly not about the food, although you do get a giant plate of desserts and fruit that it’s difficult to finish. But you do get a very VIP feeling experience, a seat for the show (the only way to get one) and a good view.

Dessert party & blue bayou.

I wasn’t impressed with my first Steakhouse 55 experience last trip. Napa rose food is too foodie for me. 😂

We’re planning the dining for our September trip for my wife and I, we’ve been a bunch of times, and a couple of good friends of ours who are Disney fanatics but hav s ever been to the glorious west coast original.

We can’t seem to decide if we should do a World of Color dessert party, or Carthay dining package, or just save the money and get Fastpasses and eat somewhere else. Which would you choose?

Barring any miracle of getting into Club 33 we want to do either Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 for a special dinner. Which would you choose?

We loved the World of Colour dessert party. The seating was great, and not having to stand on already tired feet was worth it alone. But we ended up enjoying the dessert selections more than we thought we would.
We were above one of the FP areas and were so glad to be in our seating area. Once the show started up went all the shoulder children. I would have been pretty upset waiting in the FP area only to get the view blocked.

We’ve eaten at Carthy but didn’t do their package. Food was very nice, as was the atmosphere.

IMO if you’ve never gone Blue Bayou is a must, and request seating by the water. You may have to wait a little but worth it. We’ve gone for lunch and ordered the Monte Cristo. It comes with a cup of gumbo. Delicious. I don’t think it’s on the menu, but they have it. We’ve also done the dinner Fantasmic pkg. Blue Bayou May be over priced but the atmosphere is so fun, I think first time visitors would be wowed.

WOC Dessert Party is our must do. We love relaxing at a table with treats and drinks as we watch the show without dealing with the crowds! We’ve also done dining packages but you still have to deal with a crowded viewing area.

Can’t help on Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 as we haven’t eaten at either.

We love going to Cafe Orleans for a Monte Cristo and beignets every trip. BB is cool and the food is OK. We’ve done it a couple of times and that’s good enough for us, but I’m glad we experienced it. If you do go, request a waterside table. It’s worth the few extra minutes of waiting.

Carthay package.

Napa Rose

Blue Bayou

We loved the World of Colour dessert party. The seating was great, and not having to stand on already tired feet was worth it alone. But we ended up enjoying the dessert selections more than we thought we would.
We were above one of the FP areas and were so glad to be in our seating area. Once the show started up went all the shoulder children. I would have been pretty upset waiting in the FP area only to get the view blocked.

We’ve eaten at Carthy but didn’t do their package. Food was very nice, as was the atmosphere.

IMO if you’ve never gone Blue Bayou is a must, and request seating by the water. You may have to wait a little but worth it. We’ve gone for lunch and ordered the Monte Cristo. It comes with a cup of gumbo. Delicious. I don’t think it’s on the menu, but they have it. We’ve also done the dinner Fantasmic pkg. Blue Bayou May be over priced but the atmosphere is so fun, I think first time visitors would be wowed.
Just as an update I’ve read updates on here that says no more gumbo on the menu at BB!!🤷‍♀️

The answers to your questions are totally subjective and there are no wrong answers, so here are a few questions for you:
WOC Dessert Party vs. CCR Dining Package vs. Free FP (blue or yellow):
We've done all 3 options and had great viewing with all 3. What will make your decision is what matters most to you. Do you need a chair for WOC? Then the Dessert Part is your only option. Do you want a full meal for the price paid? Then go with the CCR Dining Package. Do you want to save a lot of money, but invest a lot of time instead (aim for 90 minutes)? Go with the free FPs. There will be some wait time for all these options if you want the best view (least for Dessert Party, most for free FP), but your view will be worth the wait.
NR vs. S55: Look over the menus to see which one appeals most. NR is California wine country style and S55 is classic steakhouse -- so while you can get a steak/beef dish at both places, the cooking style will be different. Whichever menu looks better to you is the one to go with.
BB vs. CO: Will you be seeing F! during your trip? If the budget allows, go for the BB F! Dining Package -- that gives you a meal at BB with great viewing for F!. Otherwise, again, look at the menus -- choose whichever one appeals more (and they are different -- BB's menu is richer and heavier). Atmosphere-wise: BB is inside the POTC bayou (fun, but dark) and CO has great people watching from the patio. Which appeals more?

WOC dessert party. Even if they just showed me to the seat and gave me a drink it would be worth it. I’m someone that’s in the parks for 12+ hours solid, being able to sit while watching that (long) show is amazing. Getting to eat some good treats is pure bonus.

Blue Bayou is usually a once a year thing for me just because of the atmosphere. The food is good, but not life changing and the price is high, but it’s all justified by the atmosphere. But then again I’m someone that love Indy from the queue onward because of the atmosphere (flickering lights etc) and jungle cruise and stuff. I go to Disney for that stuff, even if it feels a little movie like or fake, so blue bayou is absolutely right in that sweet spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter