If you had two days of no parks, what would you do?

ajollyholidaywithjo

Mouseketeer
I decided to tack on two resort-only days at the end of my upcoming trip, staying at Coronado Springs. My plan right now is obviously pool time and just exploring my own resort. I also think I'm going to finally try to get into Trader Sam's, since I'll have time to wait. Citricos for dinner is also an option. What other activities or dining would you recommend? I might go to Springs because I love the Boathouse.

I will be solo, so Whispering Canyon, Ohana, and any places that do buffets or characters are not of interest to me.

Since you're thinking of Trader Sam's and Citricos, I'd do a monorail tour of the deluxe resorts. Start at Trader Sam's in the late afternoon for a cocktail, have an appy (some Ohana noodles or potstickers etc...) at Tambu lounge, our out on the the Trader Sam's patio. Explore the resort. Then hop over to GF/Citricos for dinner and explore, and finish at Contemporary for dessert/night cap and explore.

For your Springs day - maybe try booking a brunch since you won't be in a rush? Wine Bar George and Homecomin' have AMAZING brunches.

Two days in a row? Hmm....it'd probably be this (and I'll pretend I'm staying at Coronado):

Day 1:
1. Sleep in
2. Grab a coffee and little bite and head to the pool.
3. Take a bus/Lyft over to the Boardwalk/Beach Club area to walk around take in the whole vibe
4. Lunch at Beaches & Cream
5. Back to CS for a nap
6. Bus/Lyft to the Poly
7. Cocktail at Trader Sam's
8. Snack at Tambuu
9. Check out the Poly Store
10. Monorail, or maybe walk over to GF.
11. Another Cocktail at Citrico's
12. Monorail to CR
13. Dinner at California Grill
14. Watch Fireworks at MK from CR
15. Back to CS

Day 2:
1. Sleep In
2. Coffee and a bite, head to pool
3. Bus to Springs and do some shopping
4. Lunch wherever strikes my fancy
5. Back to CS for more general relaxation and pool time
6. Bus/Lyft to AKL for dinner at Sanaa, but get there early to see the giraffes and other animals
7. Bus/Lyft to TTC and walk to Poly to watch MK fireworks from the beach
8. Nightcap at Tambuu (or back to Trader Sam's??!!)
9. Back to CS

Well, that was a fun little vacation I took writing that up step by step!!

I decided to tack on two resort-only days at the end of my upcoming trip, staying at Coronado Springs. My plan right now is obviously pool time and just exploring my own resort. I also think I'm going to finally try to get into Trader Sam's, since I'll have time to wait. Citricos for dinner is also an option. What other activities or dining would you recommend? I might go to Springs because I love the Boathouse.

I will be solo, so Whispering Canyon, Ohana, and any places that do buffets or characters are not of interest to me.
I did a Whispering Canyon breakfast solo. They put me in the quiet 'back porch' area and I enjoyed one of the skillets without the antics. I also had a nice meal another day at Geyser Point.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is nice to explore. Besides the animal viewing, there is a lot of artwork in the halls.

Skyliner to Riviera? I have eaten at Bar Riva and snacked at Le Petit Cafe

Why not both? If you get to the Poly around 2 pm and get your name on the TS list, you would be in Trader Sam's with the first wave of people - you could then do an early dinner at Citrico's? I would probably then boat to WL and just peruse the lobby - ask the front desk or concierge for a list of the totem poles and artifacts in the lobby - also go to the sitting area at BRV where Walt's backyard trains are located. At DS, why not combine a meal at Boathouse with a ticket to the Cirque show! We really liked it.

That’s my typical vacation!
I take a couple of days hang out by the pool, maybe the water parks,
Or the spa,
Go to springs and watch the live music,
Relaxing

I call it vacationing!

What most people call going to parks, I call more stressful than a day at work…

Last edited:

We are planning a possible 8 night trip in August and will only do the halloween party and a day at Epcot. We plan to visit Disney springs, AKL as we've never been, a ride to nowhere on the skyliner, maybe the GF and probably the Poly at night to watch the fireworks. We'll also take a trip to Walmart and a couple of off site restaurants (we're from the UK, so not trip is complete without these!) We'll be spending quite a bit of time by the pool and just generally relaxing.

As a solo traveler sometimes I like hitting the bars for dinner because it’s no schedule and finding a seat for 1 is pretty easy. Geyser Point & Steakhouse 77 Lounge spring to mind.

Why not both? If you get to the Poly around 2 pm and get your name on the TS list, you would be in Trader Sam's with the first wave of people - you could then do an early dinner at Citrico's? I would probably then boat to WL and just peruse the lobby - ask the front desk or concierge for a list of the totem poles and artifacts in the lobby - also go to the sitting area at BRV where Walt's backyard trains are located. At DS, why not combine a meal at Boathouse with a ticket to the Cirque show! We really liked it.
If it’s a summer trip Cirque just put out a summer offer!

We love to resort hop and explore! Also, watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach at the Grand Floridian, Poly or Fort Wilderness is a nice treat :)

We Actually have 5 days no parks... Our kids will be going to the parks and my wife and I decided to take a break from the parks...we are staying at the Villas at the Grand Floridian in a 1BR unit....We used to always do just resort vacations when the kids were small, we love it

One of our favorite 'off' day activities is just to take random transportation to resorts. Wait at a bus or boat stop and get on the next bus or boat to wherever. Explore there, have a bite or a drink, repeat. It's been so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter