If you have FB, who is the oldest friend/acquaintance you've reconnected with?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I love FB, and I know a lot of people think it is a bad thing that feeds a lot of negativity. I have reconnected with so many people from my past, that I never would have heard from or seen again in a world without FB.

When I was in 3rd and 4th grade, over 42 years ago, I had a "boyfriend". I called him my boyfriend, and when people would correct me and tell me I was too young to have a boyfriend, I would point out that he was a boy, and he was my friend. I clearly remember standing in a line against the wall in school, and the too of us telling our classmates we were going to get married when we were old enough. I truly think if I were old enough to recognize the feelings I had for him, it is quite possible that I may have loved him at that young age.

He was a hyper child, back in the 70's I don't believe ADHD was a thing. I think they just labeled kids as "hyperactive". He was a very hyperactive kid that was mischievous. Needless to say, he was in trouble a lot. I can't quite remember when we stopped playing with each other. My mom may have put a stop to it, since I went along with some of his pranks. I do know he was not in school in 5th grade. I know they did not move out of town, his parents may have put him in a private school.

He was someone who I have thought about literally my entire life. Wondered what happened to him, where he ended up. In my early 20's I heard he was living out in CA. The internet happened and every now and again I would try to do a search and got nothing.

Yesterday morning I woke up, turned on my phone,and there it was, a FB friend request from him. Just reading his name made me happy!!! It was really strange, because I had spent most of the day before thinking of him. I sent him a message letting him know how happy I was, and he said I had been on his mind lately. He is a married homosexual who just adores his husband of 24 years, he look amazing and he is happy.

I can't tell you how this makes me feel. I don't know what part of fate put him back in my life, but since I saw his name on my phone, I am just so happy to have my childhood friend back. We have so much catching up to do!!!

I reconnected last year with a girl that lived next door to me when I was about 4 years old. That was almost 55 years ago. We message back and forth about the good old days when life was simpler

About a year ago someone I had known since we were little kids sent me a friend request. My dad, her mom and her step dad were very good friends who had grown up together. We were the same age and would see each other a few times a year until we graduated from high school. She went out of state for college and my family and I moved halfway across the country. We reconnected briefly several years ago when she was back living in our hometown and my mom and I were visiting there. We lost touch again until last year.
I have also reconnected with several people I went to high school with. We had the usual reunions every 10 years but few people stayed in touch. At the 30th reunion someone decided to have a 35th and since our 40th one of the guys has had a mini reunion every year. Facebook has a lot to do with keeping everyone in touch. I feel I know more people from high school than I did when I was in high school! Last year several of us even got together and took a cruise together to celebrate turning 60.

I am almost 60 and I reconnected with my younger brothers best friend when he was 3. He lived across the street from us, and people still talk about the trouble they use to get into.

The funniest FB thing that I've had happen... I reconnected several years ago with an old coworker. I was dating my now DH and as I drove on his street, I noticed a mailbox with a name on it. A mailbox I had driven by dozens of times, I even read it many times because most people don't put their names on mailboxes any more, and it was a kind of unique name. I was FB friends with this old coworker for several months before one day I was looking at her profile and recognized her yard. She was DH's neighbor! We live out in the country so she's not right next door, but she's about 1/4 mile down the road. It was too funny.

I'm not sure I would say I "reconnected" with anyone via facebook. I had an acquaintance from elementary school friend me. I moved after 6th grade (which was still elementary school for us) and never had any contact with anyone since. We sent a few messages but never really had any contact since.

I've preferred to not reconnect with people from school.

I use Facebook to keep up with family and those I see IRL now.

As an introvert, just makes me uncomfortable.
::yes:: I totally get you. It's actually a big reason why I don't have Facebook or LinkedIn accounts. Anybody I want in my life already is and I've actively worked to maintain important relationships over the years.

::yes:: I totally get you. It's actually a big reason why I don't have Facebook or LinkedIn accounts. Anybody I want in my life already is and I've actively worked to maintain important relationships over the years.

This is me but I do have FB. I have FB that I use for my Disney and Cruise groups. That is it. The key is just dont be friends with anyone lol. Im not friends with my sister, my kids (my dh doesnt use FB) or even my mother lol

I really do love FB for all the Disney and cruise groups I belong to and without having any friends, or my keeping up some page with my daily activites, no one even knows I have an accout, even though you can participate in the groups. I find out so much from the Disney and Cruise groups.

My best friend from kindergarten. I moved away from the area when I was 14 and lost touch. We were in our fifties when we reconnected.

My gymnast coach from when I was 4 years old. She went to church with my parents. She is now a photographer who travels a lot. I am living vicariously through her!

I’m not much into fb except to see pictures of the kids in my family. But about a month ago at my aunts funeral I ran into a classmate from high school. She married into my aunts family the exact day of my wedding. Anyway haven’t seen her since high school and when she asked to see pics of my kids I didn’t have any with me so we decided to friend each other.

I found several old grade school friends that I hadn't seen since we moved in 1972.

Bunch of people I haven’t seen since HS. Best part is that I’ve become quite close to several that I wasn’t all that close with “then”.

I guess it was this guy who went all through school with me-he even went to the same performing arts school as me and had the same major so we saw each other a lot and were pretty good friends. After high school, we went our separate ways, but when I joined Facebook he was one of the first to send me a friend request after I joined an alumni group.

A few grade school friends I have reconnected with and a few old boyfriends-I think I have 6 or 7 old boyfriends on mine too.

My best friend from when I was 5 years old. It was so funny to learn he has 2 daughters who are the same ages as my sons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter