• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you only do a Disney Cruise ONCE what are your must dos?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
After kicking screaming and yelling I got a 3 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas in January!

If you could only do a couple of things what are MUST DOs.

Keep in mind in super character centric I'm gonna try to meet them all!

not sure what the shows are on a 3 night cruise but if this is your first and only I would suggest you don't skip them. I've seen them way to many times and have no more interest in seeing them but the first few times were amazing.
that is my don't miss......

Read and re-read your navigators. It will give you meet and greet times with the characters. Have your camera with you at all times because you never know who you are going to run into where. Go to the pirate party.

If you like characters:
Get tickets to the princess gathering and to see Elsa and Anna. The tickets are free and can be reserved at noon the day you board the ship. These tickets are the only way you can see Elsa and Anna. You can see the princesses other times but it is nice to have 4 or 5 of them in one place with only one line.

Don't miss the Sail Away deck party or the Pirate Party as all the characters are there.

After kicking screaming and yelling I got a 3 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas in January!

If you find you are enjoying the cruise, make sure you book a future (dummy) cruise while on board, many cruises will have a discount when booked on board.

I would do a little more kicking and screaming and move to a 4-night. A 3-night will give you just 2 days on the ship and both will be port days. A 4-night will give you a sea day to enjoy all the ship has to offer. Good luck!

Our first cruise was a 3 day in January. Like others have said, get the tickets for the princess gathering when you get on ship - it doesn't have to be the first thing you do, but it should be done before dinner that night. The shows are fun, you won't want to miss those. The navigators have tons of information - make sure to take time out to look them over. We had a lot of fun interacting with the staff at the meals. If there are a couple things you would like to try at dinner, don't be afraid to ask. If you like to enjoy a nice adult beverage, make sure you bring everything you need for it (including a big cup so you don't have to refill a bunch).

For us, we were really overwhelmed for the first day/day and a half - there is so much to do. Once we got settled in and in somewhat of a routine, the cruise was over :( The 3 day is a good place to start to see if you like it, but if you do, book your next onboard and get the discount. The 2nd cruise was much more fun for us, because we knew where everything was and we knew what we liked and didn't like.

Have a great time!

If there is one thing I can recommend, take a 4 day instead!!!! If this is truly the only DCL you will ever have, you need a sea day! By the way, book another one while you are onboard just in case! You can cancel with NO penalty up until about 90 days out!

@Dr Gunnie thanks for your excellent response I appreciate it.

Also next year the Seargents test comes out and you get 6 months to study so we ar going to squeeze out our vacations he first 2 months so I have ample time to study without distractions.

The three day for now is the only one that fits into our days off otherwise I would totally push for a 4th!

You already have character meets so...
  • Have a meal at Palo;
  • See a theatre show; and
  • Try something new from the menu.
Enjoy!

Read and re-read your navigators. It will give you meet and greet times with the characters. Have your camera with you at all times because you never know who you are going to run into where. Go to the pirate party.
I second the part about having your camera with you ALL the time. We rode up in an elevator with Chip and Dale and. I was kicking myself for not having it.

Most of all, don't be afraid to let yourself really get into it! Dance at Pirate Night and Sailaway, and act as silly as you want!

I agree with everyone here. Go to the sail away and the pirate party. I also like the good bye, I mean so long party. You can see most of the characters there. Always have your camera with you. Oh and RELAX and have a great time! :beach:

@Dr Gunnie thanks for your excellent response I appreciate it.

Also next year the Seargents test comes out and you get 6 months to study so we ar going to squeeze out our vacations he first 2 months so I have ample time to study without distractions.

The three day for now is the only one that fits into our days off otherwise I would totally push for a 4th!

Depending on where you live and how far you are from the port, stalk the forums and Disney Site. MTO (Military) discounts (I'm assuming by Sargent test you are military, although you could be Police or Fire) are some of the best (usually even better than Fl Resident) and with a great discount you can up your number of days and still spend less. I've sailed on with all of the discounts (MTO, FLR, GT*, w/and w/out a TA) of all of them I've never been able to get cheaper than MTO.

If you are set on days or airfare is cost prohibited than I agree with read the Navigator and reread the Navigator and go to the things that sound the most appealing to you and your personality when you are on the ship. In 3 days you will not get everything done and trying to will make your trip more stressful than relaxing.

Have great time!

If I was only going to do one 3 day cruise, I'd skip the live shows and use that time for the pools, AquaDuck, enjoying the quiet ship, etc. The shows are on YouTube so you can watch them any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter