• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you renew AP 40 days before expiration...

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
Does it take effect right away? And if so, does it change your expiration date to 40 days earlier (as opposed if you renew it on the expiration date)?

No, your original expiration date will remain the same. You don’t lose any days. At least this was the case last year but I’m sure it’s the same.

Does it take effect right away? And if so, does it change your expiration date to 40 days earlier (as opposed if you renew it on the expiration date)?
Expiration remains the same day just now a year later. The only thing that takes affect right away is if you choose to go on the payment plan, that starts immediately on the day you renew.

Not sure if this is what you’re asking, but worth noting: if you renew “up” (say, Deluxe to Signature) it doesn’t take effect until your current pass expires in 40 days. If you renew “down,” it takes place immediately. Which is stupid and seems illegal to me, but is what it is.

I found this out the hard way a couple of years ago when I lost parking privileges 40 days early. :mad: They’d refund me the parking money each time if I went to a ticket booth and explained, but I was so, so annoyed.

Same thing happened to an acquaintance last year, so still seems to be the system.

Not sure if this is what you’re asking, but worth noting: if you renew “up” (say, Deluxe to Signature) it doesn’t take effect until your current pass expires in 40 days. If you renew “down,” it takes place immediately. Which is stupid and seems illegal to me, but is what it is.

I found this out the hard way a couple of years ago when I lost parking privileges 40 days early. :mad: They’d refund me the parking money each time if I went to a ticket booth and explained, but I was so, so annoyed.

Same thing happened to an acquaintance last year, so still seems to be the system.
Jeez, that’s crazy! I’d be so annoyed too! Thank you for your detailed reply, that is exactly the information I was looking for!

That is stupid and does seem like it should be illegal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter