If you sew or quilt I need advice!

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
Ok, I found Harry Potter material for the kids' bathroom finally. I'm going to make a shower curtain using one piece (roughly 36 in. x 36in.) for the center and then 2 longer pieces of coordinating fabric along each side. Two shorter pieces of the same fabric will also go along the top and bottom of the center piece. I have interfacing to put at the top where the button holes will be (for the shower rings) and a plain blue 100% cotton for the backing.
Will I need to top stitch the 2 panels together to keep them from gapping apart or will just tacking here and there work? Or will it hang ok without? Do I need weights at the bottom of the curtain? I looked for a pattern, but there weren't any that pertained to what I'm trying to do. (of course! Why do I do this to myself?)
It all works so well in my head, just probably not in reality! LOL!:crazy:
Thanks for any help!
ann

I made a short curtain for my kitchen window and I sewed muslin to the fabric. Put right sides together, sew around edge leaving an opening so you can turn right side out. Then in my case, I sewed a casing to the top for the curtain rod. For you, this is where you would make button holes for the rings. After turning inside out and pressing, if you think you would need more stiching, then I would stich in the ditch of where you are piecing the Harry Potter fabric to the border.

In my shower, I have a curtain and also a liner. So I have 2. Neither have weights in them. I would think only the liner would need weights tho since the fancy curtain would be outside of the tub.

Also, I would pre-wash the fabric since sometimes blue can bleed. And if it is being using for a shower, you wouldn't want it to accidentally bleed on things.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I like the idea of stitching in the "ditch".
I have the front done now and am happy so far. Wish me luck on the back!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter