• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you spent your birthday in the parks....

Momager

Mouseketeer
I'll be in Epcot on my birthday!! I am ridiculously excited about this lol. I'm not looking for anything free, or any pixie dust or anything, just looking for fun things to do. I already know about the birthday pins :)

Yay for birthday trips! I spent my 40th in Hollywood Studios. However, it was during the initial COVID reopening, so not a lot to do other than ride the rides. Still a pretty excellent and exciting day!

If you're just looking to do something unique from a normal trip, book a restaurant you've always wanted to try, get the LL passes for the new rides first, followed by your favorites, and explore a country showcase you don't normally spend a lot of time in.

I agree - book something special, and then simply say “Thank you!” with a big smile whenever anyone says “Happy birthday!” Anything you receive beyond that is pixie dust! :tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

I've spent many birthdays in the parks. My favorite thing I've done is I went through all the countries in Epcot, got a pin for each country and took a picture. I had a notebook and had a CM from each country write happy birthday in their language. I then put it all in a frame. Of course, not all the exchange CMs are back yet but it was fun. I always wear a birthday pin and I wear it for the entire week.

I love celebrating my birthday at Disney, I’ve done it for many years. I’d recommend doing something extra special. Either a nice meal for dinner or maybe a behind the scenes tour. I know some are back, not sure about all of them. You could look into the firework cruises at the end of the night that would be a magical way to end your birthday

Last summer I did a Capture Your Moment photo package in Animal Kingdom (my favorite park) on my 50th birthday.

In 2019 I did Up Close With Rhinos on my 48th birthday (fave animal in fave park).

You picked the right park to be in!

Via Napoli AND La Hacienda AND Biergarten (over the course of two days as i wear my pin every day cuz we are most likely not there on my actual bday) all gave me some type of dessert. La Hacienda our waiter was also kind enough to not charge for our drinks (my parents were also celebrating their anniversary as well). I was greeted by every CM wonderfully, and many asked all about my favorite things to do for my bday! Gotta couple shout outs on rides too!

This was pre pandemic (2017) but it is such a great park to be in just for the atmosphere alone!

Seriously though it does not matter which park you are in (even Universal- I actually forgot to check during my most recent trip last year if the Simpsons fast food Boulevard still had the free mini cupcakes if you are celebrating your bday-highly recommend the donut one if you ever hit that area on your bday) because the CMs are always fun and attentive with birthdays!

Awesome ideas, guys! I haven't had my birthday in WDW yet, but about a year ago, I bought a DVC fixed week at Riviera that usually hits my birthday, but some years it misses by a few days. In a couple of months, I'll be there for my 50th, and hopefully many more after that. For the big day, we'll hit DHS in the morning, and then park hop to MNSSHP at MK at night. Maybe I'll try to book a Capture Your Moment, even though they won't let you do it at Galaxy's Edge.

I have spent a few birthdays at Disney. My most memorable was my 70th in Magic Kingdom. Everyone greets you with Happy Birthday. The best part was staying in the Gran Destino Towers in Coronado. While sitting at the bar waiting to go up to Toledo for dinner a man in a suit came behind the bar checking on things. He saw my button and brought my wife and I two flutes of champagne and said Happy Birthday. He ask where we were having dinner and we told him Toledo.

While we were looking at the menu, he shows up with an appetizer, Pan con Tomato. We were shocked. As we were finishing he came over to the table, introduced himself and gave me his card. Told me to text him, whenever we were staying there.

Last years came in second, we attended the Halloween party on my birthday. At the treat stations, many of the young ladies saw my button and dropped handfuls of candy in my bag. I had to dump it into another larger bag. My wife was embarrassed, but I told her they were just being nice to a little old man.

Fireworks cruise
Dinner at your favorite restaurant
Spa treatment
Piece of jewelry to commemorate the trip

And if you are strolling through Epcot and any other Guests wish you Happy Birthday,there is a good chance some or most are "off duty" Cast Members.

I'm seriously thinking about going for my 40th next year (and also doing our first adults only/couples trip during that time) so I'm following this thread. :)

My birthday is a few days before Memorial Day so I'm hoping Tron is open before then. Wouldn't be a bad way to spend my 40th.

Fireworks cruise, a behind the scenes tour (like the one at living with the land), a nice meal (lots of choices in Epcot)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter