If you think you're getting heat exhaustion

supamaki

Drinkin' around the world!
Don't immediately go for a sports drink. They are mostly sugar, and the sudden inflow of sugar to a dehydrated sytem could lead to "sugar shock". Instead go for water, or if you are worried about the "extra's" you get from sports drinks, dilute it with 1/2 water first. This is only after you have passed into exhaustion. But I do advise drinking only water, those sports drinks are a waste.

I always go for water here. Those sports drinks seem to flow right through me. Water doesn't, I just keep drinking it and soaking it up.

Also remember that you are actually dehydrated BEFORE you go into heat exaution and heat stroke. If you ar like me and can't handle day after day of only water bring a water bottle and alternate between natural juices or sports drinks and water (one bottle of water, one bottle of juice, etc.) That way you keep drinking but there is not a sudden change in blood glucose levels whicvh could lead to bigger and more serious complications. This of course may not be the best plan of action for those who are diabetic.

Minnesota, CPhT

Folks, I don't think this one should have been moved out of the Theme Parks area. It has everthing to do with the theme parks....

Just my opinion....

Katherine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter