If you were considering the Christmas After Hours before pricing came out, are you still going?

If you were considering the Christmas party before pricing came out, are you still going?

• Still going

Votes: 110 33.1%
  • Was going to, but have changed my mind

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • On the fence / Wait and see

Votes: 40 12.0%

• Total voters
I think we will still buy them. Depends on if there are great reviews on the EMH for deluxe resorts.

I found my limit with after hours parties. I have no problem paying $140, and probably would pay a little bit more for Christmas shows, but over $200 is out for me.

We were planning to go but the pricing is just too crazy. We aren't even 100% sure we are going to keep our trip so buying non-refundable tickets is too much for us. I won't even buy park tickets until much closer to the dates.

I also want to see what else comes out for the holidays. I would rather use the money towards Candlelight or dessert parties or I guess even FP at this point.

We were hoping to go to the Christmas AH before the pricing came out. We assumed it would be similar to the Halloween AH prices which were expensive but we were willing to pay.
The dates we are going in December have tickets priced over $200 per person. That's outrageous. We won't be going sadly.

DH wasn't interested so I just booked a solo ticket this morning. I may be cutting back somewhere on this trip though and it looks like it may be a signature meal or two. So Toledo may now be off my ADR list and Topolino's which I was thinking about, is off for sure. It's just as well because I'll have a night for the After Hours so I won't need a Signature TS anyway.

We were thinking about it but the prices are a bit more than we are willing to pay. Plus the after hours event is past my bedtime. LOL! I can save the money to put towards another trip.

We have enjoyed the Christmas Party and After Hours events for years but $209 pp is too much. We booked the new Cirque show instead. At least it is something we haven't yet seen and done!

Cirque du Soleil just opened tickets sales to AP holders for Drawn to Life. First show is Nov. 18 and the most expensive seats are $185. Now I'm weighing whether to do the party, or Cirque or maybe just go out and have a few nice dinners.

I'm on the fence. Actually, I am a NO after seeing the pricing. However, DH and daughter want to do it. It is her birthday trip and she is an adult that will pay for her own party ticket. I just think its outrageous. I am not buying today though. I want to wait and see the new paid fastpass situation and Candlelight processional and base the final decision off of that. If it sells out, I figure it was meant to be that we do not go.

We are going to Destination D23 in November and the party is happening on our MK day. I want to go, but I’m hesitant due to the pricing. My daughter is only two and I’m not sure I want to pay $169 for each adult if she is going to be exhausted and not awake for it. This is the first time I’ve ever paused on purchasing a holiday event.

Big fat nope. Was going to go if it were 150-180, but not at the price they want for our Dec dates. I always vote with my wallet and don't see any value here at all - especially because I don't believe WDW will do the right thing and limit capacity as much as they should. They're just too greedy.

Universal's getting all my money this year. :santa: I traded a 4-hour, 1 park entry for 3 days/2 nights at a deluxe UO hotel w/unlimited express pass for 3 days for the same $ spend. No contest.

Last edited:
I considered the Cirque show but Christmas only comes once a year so I decided on the After Hours. Besides, I save a park reservation for MK and I'll switch that day to DHS. I'll consider the Cirque show next spring.

I’m going solo in early November, everone else opted out. With my AP discount my ticket was $159 before tax.

Still going but the price did surprise me a bit. It’s a solo trip so it just means less $$ for shopping.

I will say this pretty much assured that I won’t be buying a park hopper while I’m there.

Please only answer if you were considering going before pricing came out.

Just trying to get a gauge on if the pricing changed people's minds / if this is likely to sell out.

For me, I'm on the fence. I really don't want to reward this kind of pricing structure

This is the problem. People are rewarding Disney’s disgusting money grab by continuing to accept these price structures. Next year will certainly be approaching $300 if not more. It’s not going to come down at this point. Does anything at Disney? My last MVMCP was 2019 at $109/ticket. Over $200 now is insane.

Everyone here (mostly) seems to agree that if they go to the party, they are cancelling something else to offset the tickets. We would have done that (cancelled the park hopper and gone to the party) but we are there Thanksgiving week and we have MK and DHS booked. If we change our ticket, we are afraid we will lose our reservations to those parks because that week is yellow, AND we’d have to give up going to AK and Epcot. So we’ve decided it’s not worth it (and could even push off or postpone the trip again).

Someone in another thread had mentioned “Disney is seen as a premium offering and thus the pricing is premium” - I agree with that sentiment but have the feeling that people are starting to change their opinion on the value prop of WDW. I know for myself, I’d rather buy a SE Jordan for $180 than spend $229 on a party. It’s an interesting brand/sentiment story to follow.

What I'm concerned about as much as the cost being higher than I'm willing to pay; is the expectations this price sets. My most disappointing moments in the parks over the last maybe five years is those park goers who have the attitude that they are on a once-in-a-lifetime super-awesome Disney trip and manners are no longer required - their trip rules supreme over all other park goers. With the prices for the after hours holiday party as high as they are, it is now a do-or-die get-my-moneys-worth event - and I fear behavior will be even more entitled than during a "regular" day at the park. o_O Some of us are repeat guests and would not even think of elbowing others out of the way/line, but what are the once-in-a-lifetime guests thinking?

I have a set budget for my trips. If I go to this AH, my spending in other areas will be decreased in proportion - dining and souvenirs most likely. I’ve already downgraded my resort from BWI to WL to compensate for lack of discounts. (First world problem, I know). Maybe that makes me more profitable to Disney. Definitley does in the short run, but maybe not in the long run.

I have two Platinum AP vouchers in my name (both purchased back when they were $849), so I have some time to decide if the “New Di$ney” warrants more trips at the current pricing and benefits. Time will tell. If I don’t come back, then neither do the people who come with me and spend their money. I’m the planner and I will plan something else. It’s a big fun world out there.

We were planning on it before the prices came out, and I bought tickets this morning. So we are still going. Christmas is my favorite time at Disney, and we were supposed to go in 2019 (postponed due to cancer diagnosis - I have been cancer free now since Jan 2020), so we are living it up this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter