If you were considering the Christmas After Hours before pricing came out, are you still going?

If you were considering the Christmas party before pricing came out, are you still going?

• Still going

Votes: 110 33.1%
  • Was going to, but have changed my mind

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • On the fence / Wait and see

Votes: 40 12.0%

• Total voters
I have given up on regular parties a while ago. I now will only go to after hours parties. Since this is an after hours, I am definitely going and already purchased tickets. I am just hoping it still lives up to the after hours name and isn’t too packed. 15 years ago, the Halloween and Christmas parties and especially the pirates and princess parties were great, but then they let too many people in and took the magic away from those event(well, pirates and princess was taken away because they sold very few tickets to those ones which made them amazing). I would rather pay a little more and have a lot less people.

I would rather pay a little more and have a lot less people
That's the rub though. It's in Disney's best interest to sell these out for as much as they can. Just like the Boo Bash.

We just never know what the max capacity for the events are....until you get there.

Please only answer if you were considering going before pricing came out.

Just trying to get a gauge on if the pricing changed people's minds / if this is likely to sell out.

For me, I'm on the fence. I really don't want to reward this kind of pricing structure, but this will be our one trip while the kids are younger. We won't be back until they are mid / late teens, if at all. We are going the week before Thanksgiving and I know it will be crazy busy. This might be our only chance to enjoy MK at more comfortable pace. If we were DVC or regular visitors, there's no way I'd even be considering it.

I'd really like to see more info:
What park hours look like in Nov / Dec
What Deluxe extra hours look like in Nov / Dec
Are they truly 100% non-refundable? What if someone in family gets sick, etc.
If anything is added / taken away from the event as it gets closer
I'm sure I'm missing other things

Unfortunately, tickets go on sale this week and none of that info will be available beforehand. My gut is this one won't sell as fast or sell out as quickly as the Halloween party, but who really knows?

What I'd love to be able to do is wait until we are there, check out the situation and decide if it will be worth it. But yes, I know that is a pipe dream!
On Tim Tracker videos more than once he said people bought tickets the night of boo bash even when it had said sold out. So you could gamble & hope they sell tickets the night of if you inquire and decide it would be good.

On Tim Tracker videos more than once he said people bought tickets the night of boo bash even when it had said sold out. So you could gamble & hope they sell tickets the night of if you inquire and decide it would be good.
Thanks. Ya, I have seen reports of that too. I'm wondering if that will keep up as we get into September / October.

Sorry if this was answered already, but on party nights, will there still be fireworks (Disney Enchantment - the Happily Ever After replacement)?
Im asking for guests that are NOT there for the after hours event.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was answered already, but on party nights, will there still be fireworks (Disney Enchantment - the Happily Ever After replacement)?
Im asking for guests that are NOT there for the after hours event.
Yes, there will be the normal firework shows. AH parties start after the normal closing time.

well it IS early I think around November people get theChristmas itch
Agree, but BooBash sold out pretty quickly for the popular dates and then the rest sold out over time.

Usually people snap up Christmas event stuff because they already know they will be there. The entire complex is jam packed this Fall / Winter.

The fact that people don't seem to be going out of their way to add this event is maybe a sign Disney pushed a bit too much on the pricing? Especially since people need to also factor in Genie budget too.

So this week we canceled our December trip. It was a split stay at All Star Movies and Saratoga Spring. Our airfare was with Southwest. The price of the After Hours event and the Genie+ roll-out were a big part of our decision; however, the high COVID numbers (we have elderly family members that we care for and these crazy numbers make us cautious) was the deciding factor. We'll regroup and try next year.

Agree, but BooBash sold out pretty quickly for the popular dates and then the rest sold out over time.
Indeed. No traditional parade was a bigger deterrent for me in that instance.

I am not tempted in any sense to check & see if any same day tix will be available for upcoming trip.

Despite often going to 2 mnsshp per year in past, this offering just didn’t sit right with me
The fact that people don't seem to be going out of their way to add this event is maybe a sign Disney pushed a bit too much on the pricing?
A large factor! However, I’m thinking there were enough who were so dissatisfied with this years’ Halloween offering, they weren’t going to make same pricey mistake at Xmas

always a good idea to fill out park surveys & vote with your pocketbook

do plan on attempting to catch FW from either beach area at WL, CA grill or BLT if members’ lounge reopens

Usually people snap up Christmas event stuff because they already know they will be there. The entire complex is jam packed this Fall / Winter.

The fact that people don't seem to be going out of their way to add this event is maybe a sign Disney pushed a bit too much on the pricing? Especially since people need to also factor in Genie budget too.
I don't think the average Disney guest thinks that deeply. My guess is that they will book later on... and wouldn't it be nice if people could walk up and attend if they wanted?!

I also think the tickets being nonrefundable isn't helping Disney's cause. I wonder how many people postponed their August/September trip to later in the year to see how the Covid situation is then. If you think you might cancel or reschedule a second time then having this expensive of a nonrefundable ticket is a huge deterrent.

And if we wanted to purchase tickets, which we don't, I wouldn't be until the full Genie+ information and pricing is released.

I also think the tickets being nonrefundable isn't helping Disney's cause. I wonder how many people postponed their August/September trip to later in the year to see how the Covid situation is then. If you think you might cancel or reschedule a second time then having this expensive of a nonrefundable ticket is a huge deterrent.

And if we wanted to purchase tickets, which we don't, I wouldn't be until the full Genie+ information and pricing is released.
Big time agree - "non refundable" is fine during normal times, but not so much during an off again/on again pandemic. The only non refundable thing I bet on was a SW howl o scream ticket. But I can risk a $35 ticket. $250...not so much.

Note that they didn’t even have fireworks during this past Tuesday’s Halloween party (equipment had been damaged earlier in day.) My friends paid $$$ to go, only MK visit that trip (no park hoppers,) so that was a huge bummer. yeah they could watch from TTC next day, but still a bummer.

Big time agree - "non refundable" is fine during normal times, but not so much during an off again/on again pandemic. The only non refundable thing I bet on was a SW howl o scream ticket. But I can risk a $35 ticket. $250...not so much.

I agree on the nonrefundable part. I recently visited the Biltmore in NC and their $76 per person tickets were refundable so I felt way more comfortable buying them.

I know someone who had Boo Bash tickets refunded (or at least a credit) so maybe Disney is taking a softer approach? Of course with a "non refundable" policy in place you're at the mercy of the CM you talk to!

Reactions: shh
In a word, no. way too much $$$$ for what in teh past have been very oversold, CROWDED events

We have attended Mickey's Merriest Christmas since the mid 1980's. We will be at OKW the week of December 12th - 19th this year. We most definitely were planning on going. The price is nothing but greed on Disney's part. $100 increase from Mickey's Merriest Christmas Party in 2019 with less entertainment and benefits is insane, We will most definitely NOT attend now.

I truly thought I would be buying tickets but when the prices came out - NOPE! I am doing an adults-only trip in December and we are there on the most expensive party dates. We are staying at a Deluxe so we will just enjoy that and spend that $250 PP on much better things!

I think it's good to see that none of these dates have sold out (unlike the Boo Bash). I hope this is sending them a message that there is a ceiling on prices!

The Christmas event is my absolute fave. We go for the parade and shows not rides but in 2019 I paid for 4 people. This time it could be up to 7 if my family can all join for a reunion.
7 x $200+ is $ 1400+ I’m out sadly!
I feel that this has tipped the balance between a luxury and almost a ridiculous amount of money. It’s probably closer to $1750 too. As sorry as I’ll be to be priced out there is just a part of me that even though I could pay the money I’d rather spend it on something else. That’s actually the equivalent of a five night DCL cruise next April for two people. That’s better value as far as I’m concerned. So I’d be happier to do that instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter