• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you were in charge of DCL, what would you change?

change shutters? i'm in!

surprised nobody mentioned better late-night entertainment/lounge options.....I've been seeing THAT complaint for years.

I would like to see the sail away party shortened....not terribly, just somewhat. Love the party but find myself checking my watch (phone) as it goes on and on.

Make it affordable. For a family of 3, we are looking at almost $350 a day per person for some of the cheapest rooms. That is 3x of what it cost for Disney World per person per day.
I agree it needs to be more affordable, but I've never paid that much per day. The most of paid is about 150.00 pp per day, and I still think that's high. There's a huge difference in price between off season and peak season.

change shutters? i'm in!

surprised nobody mentioned better late-night entertainment/lounge options.....I've been seeing THAT complaint for years.

I would like to see the sail away party shortened....not terribly, just somewhat. Love the party but find myself checking my watch (phone) as it goes on and on.
I think I mentioned shows, and entertainment. They all need to change. No more "match your mate" please.

right....I meant "LATE" ....later than they currently have. that has been the popular request/complaint lo these many years. not my complaint 'cause I'm fast asleep early on....

I agree it needs to be more affordable, but I've never paid that much per day. The most of paid is about 150.00 pp per day, and I still think that's high. There's a huge difference in price between off season and peak season.
Peak, non-peak...it is insane regardless. Same itinerary on other cruiselines are about 60% less during the same times. Even if I went on the most expensive excursions and drank 10 drinks a day, I would still save over a DCL.

The topic is if you were in charge of DCL what would you do. It's not what you want. Some very good things here but all the ones about lowering prices to make it more reasonable you wouldn't be thinking that way if you were in charge of DCL. If you were and you did you wouldn't last too long.

The topic is if you were in charge of DCL what would you do. It's not what you want. Some very good things here but all the ones about lowering prices to make it more reasonable you wouldn't be thinking that way if you were in charge of DCL. If you were and you did you wouldn't last too long.
DCL wouldn't make most of the changes people actually want (diversifying itineraries, improving food, updating shows, etc.), because they would all require an investment of capital. DCL has heard all of these suggestions before & haven't made the changes. So perhaps people shouldn't suggest anything?

This is a thread for exploring ideas, not shutting ideas down.

You can request a private table. We do it every cruise.

Oh we do--but DCL only puts it in as the smallest table your party will fit. It's just me and my parents, all adults, so I suspect this was a unique situation. I would have said something to the head waiter, but the lady was special needs and we felt very guilty about just abandoning her. Plus, we kept running into her everywhere all day, which would have made a table change even more guilt-inducing. It was frustrating when we have always requested a "private" table but was reminded these are just requests and not guarantees.

FWIW, you can't offer "My Time" or "Freestyle Dining" very easily with rotating dining rooms, especially considering the timing of lights, shows, etc. in Enchanted Garden and Animator's Palate. That's what Cabanas is for at night. That's the "My Time" option.
Agree, but only if Cabana's was open every night of the cruise. Having it closed on the first and last evenings makes no sense.

Change the pricing tier. Escalating prices at such a ridiculous rate on opening day/opening week is not the norm and it's not fun to have to scramble to try to get in on early pricing -- and now that's not even as reasonable as it used to be.

I would...

1. Switch up the Dream's itinerary. She's such a big, pretty ship to spend her whole life sailing back and forth to the Bahamas.
2. Keep Cabanas open for dinner as a buffet. Too much table service and not enough variety for quick service if you want to skip the MDRs for dinner.
3. Allow people to book a discounted cruise or placeholder up to 30 days after your cruise is over. I hate wasting time booking on board, especially on shorter cruises.
4. Identify who wants to participate on formal night and put them on the same dining rotation so it maintains the formal atmosphere for those who make the effort.
5. Turn one of the bars into a dual-purpose facility, laser tag during the day, lounge at night.

THIS!

The only really annoying things I would love to see changed is:

• New Itineraries, How many times can one go to Nassau.......... I would love to sail the on Dream, but seriously I doubt I will because or her schedule. Perhaps some like me would actually book a longer cruise on the Dream if she went elsewhere.
  • Get rid of Shutters for Photo-pass system, who wants to deal with all the complaints about Shutters - just cut them off and do it in house with a system that has proved itself in the parks.
Pretty much the rest I could work around.

As somebody who has cruised Concierge more often than not, it would be nice to get a little extra loyalty acknowledgment for spending that extra money, but when it comes down to it it's not that important to us.

Yes. We've only done concierge so far, but, had we done another line, we would be much higher on the loyalty food chain.

Make it affordable. For a family of 3, we are looking at almost $350 a day per person for some of the cheapest rooms. That is 3x of what it cost for Disney World per person per day.

Are the parks really so much cheaper? When I've priced park trips, I just haven't seen that much of a difference. Tickets are $100+ per person per day. Then you add in food and lodging. It may work out to be slightly less expensive, but it's certainly not a 3x difference.

Yes. We've only done concierge so far, but, had we done another line, we would be much higher on the loyalty food chain.

Are the parks really so much cheaper? When I've priced park trips, I just haven't seen that much of a difference. Tickets are $100+ per person per day. Then you add in food and lodging. It may work out to be slightly less expensive, but it's certainly not a 3x difference.
It can be. We changed out a cruise for a wdw trip last year and it was half the cost. Deluxe resort. All in. There are more deals and options with wdw.

Agreed.

-One free photo for repeat guests
-Pin trading section available every day in same location (like the addition of having the books of pins but don't like having to go bother cast members in gift store to view them)
-Better adult shows in the evenings - How about a comedian that plays for an hour or hour and a half. Broadway show would be nice. Tired of the magicians and ventrilaquists.
-Bring back the free pretzels and offer them all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter