If you were in charge.....

lochcarron

Mouseketeer
Which changes would you make at Disneyland or California Adventure.For example which attractions do you think need an overhaul or just completely removed. Most people would agree that what makes Disneyland so special and magical is the older attractions!!

Whats special for me is like you said the older attractions. I was pretty angry when they switched up Small World, I just personally believe that Walts orginals should be left. Would you really paint over a family airloom, personally, I think not. ANYWAYS xD lets see I would drop the prices, and increase the food quality. (w/the prices, especially the hotel, I could stay like 3 nights at Hojos for the price of 1 night at the disney hotels!

Update Tommorowland. Bring back Carousel of Progress, Updated version of the Peoplemover, and something unique for that section.

Maybe a snow white mine train rollercoaster would be cool. Could they fit something like that in the rear of Toontown?

In DCA I would like to see the addition of something like Mickey's Phillharmagic and better themed restaraunts (like sci fi drive inn) hopefully they put in a drive inn for Radiator Springs. I have to say that I am very excited about the already stated additions of Carsland and Little Mermaid.

If there is one thing that is missing in Disneyland/DCA is the fact the food choices are very limited and not of the quality of WDW.

And last thing.....How about a nighttime parade for Disneyland?

I would make them fix Tomorrowland... move the Rockets back, bring back the People Mover, bring back America the Beautiful, bring back Carousel of Progress, put Inner Space where Pizza Port is... expand the arcade back on Main St., bring back Big Bands every night during summer at Carnation, bring back the tobacco shop to Main St. (the local tobacco shop was a big part of early 19th century America), do Discovery Cove, put in Liberty Square and add three sit down restaurants some place in the park.

In other words, just minor tweaks......

I agree with the last two. Inner Space is a must and could be so amazing with today's technology. Same with People Mover. Tomorrow Land used to be my favorite land. It needs a lot of help. At DCA, I'd pull out all the small "carnival rides" and put something in made just for Disney.

That is for sure. Hopefully Ariel's ride is great.

I'm really hoping so too!

I would take out Autopia and Innoventions, but I'm not sure what I would put in their place. I agree about the carnival rides as well - DCA just doesn't feel like a disney park to me :confused3 but i still enjoy it!

Another vote to bring back the People Move and Adventures through Inner Space. I love those rides and would love to take DS on both of them. They were so cool!

I would completely change the theme and structure of DCA's Paradise Pier. When Walt himself was alive, he reiterated over and over how much he despised the boardwalk carnivals, games of chance/skill, and fairground-style amusement parks which PP is specifically themed after. Walt's dislike of these carnival-types of parks is what prompted him to build Disneyland in the first place...so families could have something different to experience. Now I'm not saying PP is a horrible area, and please no offense to its fans. But it's sorta an insult to build an entire section of a park surrounding what its namesake creator strongly disliked.

Yet another vote to fix Tomorrowland...it was my favorite Land when I was little (to the point where I built a model of the Peoplemover that wound all the way around my bedroom when I was 10 or so :laughing:), and it's just sad to see it in the state it's in. It used to be THE place to be at night; seeing everything all lit up, with so much movement (Peoplemover, Rocket Jets up high & actually looking space themed/"futuristic", and without those fugly giant concrete french fries mucking up the entrance, the Monorail which is thankfully still around, and the Skyway, though I highly doubt that could ever be brought back, for various reasons). Get rid of the dark/"rusty" color palette in its entirety; at least they don't have Space Mountain painted to look like something out of an intergalactic junkyard anymore. :laughing: And speaking of intergalactic junkyards, that rotating hunk o' junk in the middle of Tomorrowland needs to GO! And then, there's Innoventions...honestly, if I wanted to see what's inside, I could not waste Park time & go to Home Depot and/or an electronics store. The building that it's housed in is being wasted, IMO. A theater that rotates is still pretty "futuristic", even after all these years since it was built. Put a show in it that makes use of that feature...a show that people will actually line up to see!

Seconding the idea for a drive-in style restaurant in California Adventure; really, there need to be more unique dining experiences there. And the drive-in theme would be PERFECT for Carsland.

Speaking of restaurants, I'd be one of the first people in line if they'd bring back SOMETHING on par with the Tahitian Terrace or Aladdin's Oasis restaurants (or one of those two restaurants reincarnated? hey, as long as we're dreaming! :wizard:) to that area which sits unused. I LOVED Tahitian Terrace when it was in operation; never got to experience Aladdin's Oasis, but as "Aladdin" is one of my all time favorite Disney films, I'm sure it'd be an instant favorite!

As far as I'm concerned the space where Innoventions is could be better utilized into another ride, or something that is better suited to the Tomorrowland theme.

I agree w/ KCmike &Tommy_B. :thumbsup2 Definitely, the parks need better restaurants with more variety at various price points. The food at DL can't even compare to the food at WDW.

I would completely change the theme and structure of DCA's Paradise Pier. When Walt himself was alive, he reiterated over and over how much he despised the boardwalk carnivals, games of chance/skill, and fairground-style amusement parks which PP is specifically themed after. Walt's dislike of these carnival-types of parks is what prompted him to build Disneyland in the first place...so families could have something different to experience. Now I'm not saying PP is a horrible area, and please no offense to its fans. But it's sorta an insult to build an entire section of a park surrounding what its namesake creator strongly disliked.
I also agree with Jolly Ole Bert. The PP area of DCA really cheapens the entire experience. I don't like those carnival games. I would never play them as they are a rip off, imo, and it totally reminds me of our local junky carnivals that one can see/experience anywhere. Someone really blundered when they designed the area w/ boardwalk carnival games. :rolleyes1

I won't share any strategic ideas until Imagineering is paying me.

But I do hope that they rework some major parts of DL as they slow down the rehab of DCA. Also in DCA I think some things will need to be rethemed to keep up with what they are currently doing.

Mostly I think DL is planned only for the short term and they should be thinking 5 or 10 years down the road of what they expect from guests and what they can do to get it.

I also think that they should covertly change the castle. Even if they only stretch it out 6 inches a year until it is a little taller than the matterhorn.

Better parades! the current parade is absolutely horrible! the "Parade of Dreams" prior to it was absolutely phenomenal. Not sure what happened this year but yikes. Make sure we have better management for them.

I would love to set up a special program for special needs kids. Maybe for those children who are terminally ill. Something along the Make a wish Foundation but specifically target those kids who don't have much left in life.

I've been thinking about this some more I'd also like to widen main street by moving one side of the street out at a time 6 inches each year. Just so post parade/fireworks exits are easier. I have another idea to do this but it only comes at a price. I'll take disney dollars.

Fix tommrowland. Someting updated needs to go in the 3d theatre (captain eo is great, is great but somehting new woudl be better) and innovations either needs to be massivly overhauled so that the exhibits are more intresting or it needs to be replaced with a ride. Also something on the people mover track. I dont think Id change to much in DCA just because there changing so much already however I would nix alchol in the park, IMO i dont like alchol around children, I know alot of people enjoy it, but IMO its not nessary.

Also something on the people mover track.

I'm not much of fan for the stagnant people mover tracks. But walking into Tomorrowland from the hub I always remember their purpose. To provide shade in the most treeless land.

I'm not much of fan for the stagnant people mover tracks. But walking into Tomorrowland from the hub I always remember their purpose. To provide shade in the most treeless land.

They are very good at provideing shade :laughing:

They are very good at provideing shade :laughing:

And the planters underneath them, with the built in seating, are a nice place to sit in the shade.

Though it'd be nicer if there were vehicles of some kind utilizing the track...makes me sad to see it empty!

And the planters underneath them, with the built in seating, are a nice place to sit in the shade.

Though it'd be nicer if there were vehicles of some kind utilizing the track...makes me sad to see it empty!

You mean like broke down Rocket Rods right?

Yeah reinstating the people mover would be nice. It's much better than the WDW version as it went out over Autopia. If nothing else it's a good sit down ride to relax and shoot some pictures on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter