if you're prone to dizziness, please read (re: Hollywood Tower of Terror)

I can't ride spinning but I have no problem with ToT.

I have no problems with ToT drops but I can't do teacups or anything that spins or even watching a movie with something spinning.

Can't do spinning rides. I wasn't dizzy at all on ToT. Terrified, but not dizzy.

Ditto to all of the above! And if you are really worried about it take the Bonine or Dramamine with meclizine, I did that last trip because I worried about RnRC triggering my vertigo. Worked great.

Another one who can't do teacups or any of the motion simulators except FOP and even that makes me a little light headed but love me some ToT. We get off it and get right back on. I'm not a big person so I get some really good air on the drops. I think it helps that it is dark when it's dropping.

Good morning!!

I'm planning an upcoming trip (me and my 17 and 15 year olds and my sis, her husband and their 18, 16 and 9 year olds) and am seeking feedback on the Tower of Terror. I'm prone to dizziness with rides that spin, but have never tried a ride like the TOT that involves a big drop. Could other people who have a tendency to get dizzy on rides please share opinions on whether this ride made you dizzy? Thanks so much!! I'm trying to decide whether to give it a try.

Jess

Rode TOT once and that was too much for me!!
Had nothing to do with being dizzy - didn't make me dizzy at all. It had to do with 'drops'! I hated that feeling - made me feel 'spacey' for quite a while afterward.

I think if you're concerned about it, don't ride it. You don't want to ruin the rest of your day, walking around feeling dizzy and sick. Just skip it, it's a cool ride, but it's not worth being sick over.

Used to love Teacups, but had vertigo several years ago and now I can't do them any longer.
But TOT is no problem. The sensation is completely different. Bear in mind though the drop on TOT isn't exactly the same sensation you get from drop on a steep roller-coaster. It's more of a bottom falling out feeling.

No dizziness from ToT for me either and I won't do Teacups, Dumbo, Astro Orbiter or the Magic Carpets. Something about going around and around in a circle bothers me.

Add me to the list of those that can't do spinning rides, but I'm fine on TOT.

I get lightheaded on roller coasters during spins and drops but suffer no ill effects afterward. I get dizzy on and stay ill for a while after repeatedly spinning rides and VR rides like Star Tours.

ToT made me lightheaded during the drops but afterward I felt fine.

I have motion sickness issues and I had a REAL problem with Tower or Terror. I felt very sick afterwards. Nausea, splitting headache and dizziness. Sounds like I am in the minority, though. Everyone is different, so you won't know until you try it...
I am with you. TOT makes me feel exactly like this! Worse than any other ride.

I have vertigo and get motion sick easily. ToT doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited to add I take Meclizine every day of vacation, but even with that, can't do Star Tours or the back part of the EE train.

Wow!!!! Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to give it a shot-- and maybe wearing a motion-sickness wrist band, just because I'm paranoid. :)

Cheers!! XOXO

I would highly encourage anyone doing this to try it out at home first. I’ve used the non-drowsy Dramamine once and it knocked me out. For many people it’s fine and a huge help but for some it will still make you crazy tired and much worse than just skipping a ride. Don’t take it at a park for the first time. :)

Seconding this!

You can never know how you'll react to a new med, until you try it. Gravol, for example, makes me more nauseous, not less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter