iFit and Running Through Disney

DBarber600

Mouseketeer
I am looking at getting a treadmill and want to be able to run through WDW and replicate that Run Disney races. Does anyone know if this is set up to do on iFit? Also, I'm looking at a Nordictrack Commercial 1750 if anyone has opinions on that. Thanks!

I can’t help with the ifit part, but I know there’s a YouTube channel that did a TON of running POV videos when Disney re-opened this summer and crowds were extremely light. The YT channel is “wish upon a run.” They did quite a few of the resorts too I think.

Last edited:
I can’t help with the ifit part, but I know there’s a YouTube channel that did a TON of running POV videos when Disney re-opened this summer and crowds were extremely light. The YT channel is “wish upon a run.” They did quite a few of the resorts too I think.
Only way you can run through Galaxy's Edge! Pretty neat.

You might be able to partially create a route in iFit. It will depend on if there is a Google Street View available for the streets/sidewalks to run or not. It looks like a lot of the roads have it and parts of the parks do as well, so you may be able to create a map. If there isn’t a street view available for a section of the course (that you created), it will just show you a blank screen instead of a picture of the course.
I’ve had the NordicTrack 2450 for just over a year now, and I’m happy with it.
I might try creating a Disney course now that you mentioned it!

I never heard of the POV videos. Thanks so much! This will help mix things up during the winter treadmill season with Netflix/Prime/Hulu/Disney+ trend.

I just bought a treadmill a few weeks ago that came with a free year of iFit. FIRST thing I did was look for Disney routes and then try to create my own 5K route around Epcot. As someone above mentioned, not every road is on Google Maps, so it's not really possible to do the exact route. There were also gaps that made the route not connect properly, created double-backs and such. I haven't actually tried to run it but it was a GIANT pain to try and create it.

This is too funny. The OP’s idea is exactly why I bought a very similar treadmill model with the iFit integration. You can build routes through all 4 parks but it is essentially just a series of still photos as you run. It’s exactly the views you would get advancing through Google Street View.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter