• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'll bring the whine, Advil, antibiotics and you bring the cheese!

LiveYourLife

DIS Veteran
Can I just be a whiny, total first world problem wimp right now?

I'm sick. As a dog. Since Thursday night. It came out of nowhere-ville, like a light switch was flipped! Bam! Chills, body aches, sore throat, low-grade fever, no appetite (I'm fine with that one), nausea, itchy ears, and head pressure. By 3am on Friday, I felt like I had gone through a windshield of a car.

I did go to the Doctor, and my rapid flu test and strep test were both negative. Doctor says there is a nasty virus going around and that I needed to do the usual: rest, hydrate, etc. I can get sinusitis and ear infections pretty easily so he prescribed me antibiotics as a pre-caution.

Friday was my birthday, it is a gorgeous weekend here in Central FL, probably our last weekend before our weather turns into Dante's inner circle of hell. We were supposed to spend both days at the parks, and last night my Husband had dinner reservations at Bull & Bear. All plans are postponed until further notice. :(

I know, I know there are so many people who's lives and situations are so much worse than this. Actually this doesn't even scratch the surface of being serious. It really is a FWP.

Anyone else got the crud and feel like joining my overly dramatic and absurd pity party? I've made Jell-O shots with NyQuil and the Beer Pong table is set up with red solo cups filled with a warm salt-water gargle. Non-sickies are invited too but it's a BYOM (bring your own mask) kind of party!

Me. The Friday before Easter I was hit suddenly with the flu. While my flu test was negative, the doctor says I went too early to shed enough antibodies (plus they are only about 50% reliable on negatives), my doctor said, you have the flu. Sudden onset, cough, sore throat, horrible chills, fever of 102.5. That fever lasted 3 days, and then I had a low fever for another 7 days. One week in the cough got bad. I tried antibiotics but they did not help. I am only now (over 2 weeks out) starting to feel human again and I will go back to work tomorrow after being out of the office for 2 weeks. I still only feel at about 70% Good luck, I hope you recover faster than I did.

Me. The Friday before Easter I was hit suddenly with the flu. While my flu test was negative, the doctor says I went too early to shed enough antibodies (plus they are only about 50% reliable on negatives), my doctor said, you have the flu. Sudden onset, cough, sore throat, horrible chills, fever of 102.5. That fever lasted 3 days, and then I had a low fever for another 7 days. One week in the cough got bad. I tried antibiotics but they did not help. I am only now (over 2 weeks out) starting to feel human again and I will go back to work tomorrow after being out of the office for 2 weeks. I still only feel at about 70% Good luck, I hope you recover faster than I did.

Ugh! Christine I'm so sorry to hear you are still under the weather! I hope you get the remaining 30% back soon! :hug:

Thanks for the well wishes, and for joining my pity party.

I think you earned a pity party. I'll go pick up some cheese for you!

I hope yours is over sooner than Christine's.

But if I get sick, I'm blaming both of you! :p

Hang in there. I hope you're better soon.

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you are able to celebrate it in proper style soon.

I will totally join your pity party. I came down with influenza on March 17th. Youngest DD came down with it the next day, and the the day after that was her birthday, we had to cancel the party that was all set up with her school friends, and on her actual birthday both she and I were to sick to even eat or get out of bed, so she didn't have so much as a slice of cake of open a single present. It's now nearly a month later, yesterday was my other DD's birthday, and I am still dealing with he repercussions of this $@:$ flu! Spent part of DD's birthday yesterday back in Urgent Care. My original flu turned to severe bronchitis, which led to my coughing so hard I tore muscles/tissue in my ribs. After over a week of that getting no better I coughed yesterday, heard a "pop", and have since been rendered even more useless than I was when the rib pain first started, hence the trip to Urgent Care yesterday, where all they could do was prescribe pain killers and tell me to "rest".

I know what you mean, there are so many worse problems in the world, I feel so fortunate that this level of illness and inability to function is (I sure hope!!) NOT permanent, but I really hope and pray I can go back to my regular life soon where I can dress myself, pick things up off the floor, and have the strength to push a grocery cart, for starters.

I hope you are soon feeling better as well, and just FYI, the rapid flu test can give false negatives, as I had a false negative on it two years ago and they called me ten days later to say the longer test showed I did indeed have flu. This time around they didn't even test me, jus said I had influenza based on the signs and symptoms. And yes, I get a flu vaccine every year. Apparently doesn't work so well for me.

Different kind of whine. My best warehouse guy left for a better job. The owner has indicated that if I went a little cheaper with his replacement, it could mean more money for me down the road. Knowing that's how your owner thinks is depressing enough. But, I also know he's lying.

Different kind of whine. My best warehouse guy left for a better job. The owner has indicated that if I went a little cheaper with his replacement, it could mean more money for me down the road. Knowing that's how your owner thinks is depressing enough. But, I also know he's lying.

Sorry for your loss, and what a jerk the owner is.

I sure felt like that for two days. The body aches were horrible. I hope you feel better soon.

Ugh. I'll join your party. My illness is different, however. I write this from the porcelain throne, if you get my drift. Miserable weekend. Here's hoping we all feel better soon, but I could use a huge serving of whine about now.

Feel better soon!! Last Saturday I fell down some stairs & bruised my tailbone. Sitting in any one position for more than 5 minutes is unbearable, so I have to either lay down, stand, or constantly change positions. Not fun at all either.

I'll join the pity party. This cruddy dud hit me Wed. night. Started off with a dry cough, then chills, dizzy, temp 104. Now when I cough, It feels like my ears, throat and lungs catch on fire. I have never been this sick. The only good thing, I've lost 8lbs in 3 days. Hope you all feel better soon!!

I'm in. Our cat keeps taking off. My husband found her and brought her in and she looks horrible. She is over 12 years old, so we are pretty sure we are going to have to put her down. :sad:

Gumbo: My husband brought up the new minimum wage to the owner of his company. She said since everyone here makes over $15 an hour, no raises. Basically everyone makes barely over it. :mad:

Seems with the the raise in pay company's want to try and cut back even more. That memes me fell ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter