ILL for GOTG

scanmom

DIS Veteran
How difficult is it to get an ILL for GOTG? Me and DH will be at Epcot on Sep. 8th and want to ride it. I've never had luck getting a place on the VQ, so I want to explore other options. But.. a few questions... We will be offsite, so will it be possible to get an ILL? or will they likely run out before I get to the park? ...If we do get an ILL, then we don't have to do the VQ..right?? Or am I wrong about this? If we do get a spot on the VQ, will we still need to use the DAS? or just show it when we get there?
I haven't ever used Genie+ or ILL, so I'm sure I am probably missing something! Any help is appreciated!!

We got the virtual queue at 7am the one day we tried, you do have to be quick! You should also be able to purchase the ILL, then they can ride it twice!

It seemed like ILLs were lasting for a bit - you should be ok.

If the 7am VQ doesn't work, the 1pm has been lasting for an hour or so.

I would pretty much guarantee you can get an ILL if you buy at park opening... they tend to be available until at least 11am. There's also the VQ at 1pm, which lasts a lot longer than the 7am one. If you'll be there all day, you should be able to ride if you get in the VQ at 1pm, even if you miss the 7am one.

If you get the VQ at 1:00, what time would you be able to ride? We are not planning on staying at Epcot all day. Thanks!

If you get the VQ at 1:00, what time would you be able to ride? We are not planning on staying at Epcot all day. Thanks!
We were there last week and did not get the VQ at 7am but did get it at 1pm. We were given an estimated callback time of 7pm, but we were actually called back at 6pm. We also got the ILL at 7am, so we rode twice that day. It was great!

How difficult is it to get an ILL for GOTG? Me and DH will be at Epcot on Sep. 8th and want to ride it. I've never had luck getting a place on the VQ, so I want to explore other options. But.. a few questions... We will be offsite, so will it be possible to get an ILL? or will they likely run out before I get to the park? ...If we do get an ILL, then we don't have to do the VQ..right?? Or am I wrong about this? If we do get a spot on the VQ, will we still need to use the DAS? or just show it when we get there?
I haven't ever used Genie+ or ILL, so I'm sure I am probably missing something! Any help is appreciated!!
We did not get the 7am VQ, so we just bought the ILL instead. We also decided to try for the 1pm VQ, which we did get, allowing us to ride twice that day.

7 a.m. Moderately difficult
1 p.m. Easy
6 p.m. (For deluxe guests during evening extra hours): Super-difficult. Instagone.

You should be fine. I'd still try for VQ with refreshing at 6:59:59 but when we were at Epcot a few weeks ago, we bought an ILL around 10am (after getting off the first ride and my 6 year old loving it) with a return time of 2:40, so plenty left!

If I'm unsuccessful in getting a BG at 7am, and try again at 1pm, is there any chance of buying ILL$ for GotG at 1:01pm if we don't get a BG at 1pm? From earlier comments, it appears that getting a BG at 1pm shouldn't be too hard. But if we don't get one, I see another comment that ILL$ are probably gone around 11am?

If we don't get a BG at 7am, should I get the "insurance" (ILL$) to guarantee we get to ride? Then, if I do get a BG at 1pm, I'll be kind of kicking myself for paying extra for that second ride, but at least we would get to ride it twice if that happens.

You can check the Tip Board in the MDE app in the days before your trip to get a sense of how long the ILL$ are lasting. NO guarantee, but that can help you plan your strategies.

Today, 8/28/22 at 9:45, ILL$ for GotG are available for 11:20 return.

If I'm unsuccessful in getting a BG at 7am, and try again at 1pm, is there any chance of buying ILL$ for GotG at 1:01pm if we don't get a BG at 1pm? From earlier comments, it appears that getting a BG at 1pm shouldn't be too hard. But if we don't get one, I see another comment that ILL$ are probably gone around 11am?

If we don't get a BG at 7am, should I get the "insurance" (ILL$) to guarantee we get to ride? Then, if I do get a BG at 1pm, I'll be kind of kicking myself for paying extra for that second ride, but at least we would get to ride it twice if that happens.

Sometimes the ILL makes it to 1pm and sometimes it doesn't. Looking at the data for the last week, it was gone before 1pm on 2 of the 7 days (Monday and Thursday). So good chance, but not guaranteed.

If it were me personally, and I were planning to stay in EPCOT until close, I'd take a chance on the 1pm queue. You won't fail to get a boarding group - I haven't seen the VQ close until at least 1:30-1:45pm on any of the times I've looked at it in the last month, so if you try to join at 1pm, you'll be able to. The only risk is that the ride breaks down or something and they cannot get to your boarding group before close.

We just got back and it was no problem getting ILL at 7:00 a.m. All times slots available for several minutes (I don't know beyond that). But if you're up at 7:00 a.m. to do it, you can pretty much pick the time you want (as long as you're not on a busy travel date/time -- we were third week of August).

7:00 VQ does go quickly, but if you are ready before 7:00:00, you should be able to get it. It's not as difficult as Rise.
1:00 VQ is incredibly easy to get. There are days it remains available until mid-afternoon. If you try at 1:00, you WILL get it.
ILL is also easy to get. Always available at park opening time, and usually available until late morning, sometimes even later.

If you definitely only want to ride it once, try at 7, and if you don't get it, you WILL get it at 1. It's incredibly easy then; sometimes it remains available until mid-afternoon.
I love it so much I'll always do both VQ and ILL, to be able to ride it twice.
To answer your actual question, ILL is rarely still available at 1:00. But since the VQ at 1 is so easy, you shouldn't have to worry about that.

We got the virtual queue at 7am the one day we tried, you do have to be quick! You should also be able to purchase the ILL, then they can ride it twice!
I was wondering about this. So you can buy an ILL and get a BG? I’m going to Epcot twice next trip, so I shouldn’t be greedy but just wanted to know what’s possible.

I was wondering about this. So you can buy an ILL and get a BG? I’m going to Epcot twice next trip, so I shouldn’t be greedy but just wanted to know what’s possible.
You can definitely get both and ride twice! I did this a couple weeks ago. Went to Epcot twice and rode 4 times.

Also everyone may know this, but just in case... You can use your Boarding Group to ride any time after it's called. Even if you miss your window, you can ride later.

I got Boarding Groups 19 and 24, which were among the first called each morning. I bought the lightning lane for afternoon times. Even though I missed my BG each morning I was able to ride back to back with my lightning lane at 3:00 the first day and 2:00 second.

I wouldn't recommend missing the lightning lane window, but missing the Boarding Group window is fine.

Yes.

And if you're staying Deluxe, doing Epcot Extra Evening Hours and are super lucky, you can do it 3 times!

6 p.m. (For deluxe guests during evening extra hours): Super-difficult. Instagone.
I can attest to this. A few weeks ago we did the 6:00 Virtual Queue. I refreshed at exactly 6:00:00 and was given a return time of just a couple of minutes before the end of extended evening hours. All of the spots must gone in literally one second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter