"Illegal" Pool Hopping.....

When we were at BWV over Thanksgiving weekend, there were CMs at the towel cart who would check for room keys before giving out towels. They would give out the wristbands there. They did not approach and ask to see room keys and the pool was not fenced off. This was a no-hopping weekend.

Alexander said:
We love love love VWL but after our last 2 stays and we couldn't get near the pools due to the proudly boasting campers we will stay elsewhere until they enforce the rules. We spend a great deal of time poolside so this is a big issue for us.

I have a membership at VWL and plan on selling it little by little because there is not consistant enforcement of the no pool hopping rule!

I'm for nice-looking fences at EVERY deluxe resort pool!! DL has them, and they do not take away at ALL from the "atmosphere" of the resort. Stories of pool-crashers always make me mad!!!

We all pay big bucks to stay at these resorts....why should we have to tolerate rule-breakers? IMO, WDW has a responsibility to keep the places serene, and only as crowded as the resort could be with RESORT guests.

That was a BIG reason why we decided to sell our other DVC properties and buy at BCV....my dh and dd LOVE that pool, and I just love hanging out there. I am not interested in pool-hopping, and I figured we would be doing most, if not all of our vacationing at BCV...might as well own there. I am SOOO glad that pool hopping is not allowed to BCV. It's just really sad that VWL owners do not enjoy the same security of their pool as we do. WDW should do better for them. Especially when you consider that the capacity of SAB is 1200 people....the WL pool cannot hold NEAR that many....yet another reason that pool-crashers should be TOTALLY embarrassed and thrown out on their butts!!!

LakeAriel used to talk about how much she LOVED VWL....how sad that one issue is so out of control that she is talking of selling...and, shame on WDW/DVC.

:sad2:

Beca

Lets all give our words right now that any noticed pool hoppers will be called out. I'm in and I've thrown people out before with a little "friendly persuasion". It is up to us not the CM's to help with this problem. If you notice apol hopper ask them to leave or you'll notify security or a CM. It isn't hard to spot the campers hopping over from the WL campground. They come over on the boat, towels in hand.

Throw them out!!!!!!! :furious:

Mike

emememem said:
We had friends who were staying at BWI for their vacation...we met them for dinner the other night and they were talking about how nice the resort is and how great the pool was across the way meaning SAB...They had no idea about the term "no pool hopping "or what it even was! They just went swimming! Nobody stopped them or even questioned them...no wrist bands..and that was on 4 of July...go figure. :confused3

they just got lucky and did not get caught.

Alexander said:
We love love love VWL but after our last 2 stays and we couldn't get near the pools due to the proudly boasting campers we will stay elsewhere until they enforce the rules. We spend a great deal of time poolside so this is a big issue for us.

complaint to management....

write DVC and WL a letter when you come back.

when you are there ask the manager to enforce pool priviledge....

the campground and cabin users (FW) know that they are not use WL/VWL they are told at the front desk (I think there is a sign up too)...

what is get mad about are the people not even staying at a WDW resort that think they can pool hop....

I am a DVC owner and I am planning on pool hopping and crashing the gate at the Pop Resort Pool and then All Star Pool...that will teach them a lesson....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter