Illumination Cruise. It was the best!!

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
For those of you planning a trip try booking an Illumination Cruise. The fireworks seem like they are so close you could touch them. Our driver was Derrell and I couldn't have asked for a nicer guy. He made my mom's birthday special and went out of his way to give us the best cruise. It's hard to book but worth it!!

We also did the illuminations cruise. It was suppose to be for six of us , but three people ended up with food poisioning. So myself , my hubby and 4yr old son went alone. It was soo nice. He gave us a guided tour on the way. He even let my son "drive" the boat! We parked under the bridge and he climbed out and brought us back food from that after hours party they have at Epcot. It was a once in a lifetime experience fo me, as I've decided not to try and book it on my next trip. I figure let someone who has never done it get to go!!ENJOY!!:D

I've never heard of this. How do you book it and is it inside of Epcot? How far in advance can you book? thanks!

Somebody recently mentioned that you weren't allowed to take food on the boat. Was this the case? I read on Deb's site that you could bring your own.

:o I hope you guys are still our there. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

slp87- You are allowed food on the boat. We ate before, then had my Mom's B-day cake on the boat. You can also order a meal that is catered by one of the hotels nearby, boardwalk, YC etc. I have read you can bring your own as well, but some times the smoke from the fireworks drifts over to you so we ate the cake before the fireworks.

marley- You NEED to book it exactly 60 days in advance to the day. It is harder to book than Cindy's breakfast. You call 407-WDW-PLAY at exactly 7am 60 days out and ask for the Illumination Cruise. It is $120 no matter how many people you have on the boat, which seats up to 12. After you make the ressie you can make food plans at the same time, such as a b-day cake, or having a meal catered. The cake was outstanding!! It was all chocolate with raspberry filling. Request Derrell. He had everyone on the bridge singing for my Mom!! Also do a dry run and call a few days before your 60 day mark. I say this because you need to choose an option when the recording comes on and I can't remember which button you choose. I think it's 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter