Illuminations Cruise Timing Question

rgaimari

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Can someone answer a question about the timing of an Illuminations Cruise? I was told by the CM on the phone that the fireworks the night we are going are at 9pm, and so we need to be at the dock at 8pm to leave at 8:30pm. That doesn't seem like it leaves enough time for the tour around the bay that I've read about. Does that sound right? The boat leaves 1/2 hour before the fireworks start? Thanks.

- Bob

When we've done cruises, there was no pre-fireworks tour of Crescent Lake. Once I recall the captain took us around after the fireworks (but that was not on a poontoon but a smaller boat they don't have any longer). I can't recall our other cruises on the pontoon and whether they took us around after. But definitely not before the times we've done it. They went straight to the bridge and parked for the fireworks.

The timing you were told sounds correct to me.

You can cover a lot of water in 30 minutes. The boats don't usually get to the bridge until 5 to 10 minutes before the start of the show. That is plenty of time.

I've done the Illuminations Cruise 4 times. We have always gone down towards DHS and then around Crescent Lake before the fireworks. It doesn't take very long as it's a tiny water area. We park under the bridge about 5 minutes before the show so that is 25 minutes on the water--plenty of time for that little space.

I've done the Illuminations Cruise 4 times. We have always gone down towards DHS and then around Crescent Lake before the fireworks. It doesn't take very long as it's a tiny water area. We park under the bridge about 5 minutes before the show so that is 25 minutes on the water--plenty of time for that little space.

Hi,

Can someone answer a question about the timing of an Illuminations Cruise? I was told by the CM on the phone that the fireworks the night we are going are at 9pm, and so we need to be at the dock at 8pm to leave at 8:30pm. That doesn't seem like it leaves enough time for the tour around the bay that I've read about. Does that sound right? The boat leaves 1/2 hour before the fireworks start? Thanks.

- Bob
We were at the dock a bit before 8pm and we left before 8:30PM. We went down to DHS, saw the end of Fantasmic! from behind and then cruised up to Epcot. We were there in plenty of time before Illuminations and enjoyed our cake that we had ordered for a special birthday we were celebrating. Our boat was right in front of the bridge there were several that were behind us. On the boat next to us someone proposed. All of the 'boat people' cheered. It was very fun. I hope you enjoy the Illuminations Cruise! I'd recommend it to anyone!

Wow, my memory must be going! I only remember our cruise on the Breathless like that!

I have an Illuminations cruise booked for January. I was given the same info. for times....get to dock at 8pm for 9pm fireworks.

Wow, my memory must be going! I only remember our cruise on the Breathless like that!

Just as with anything with Disney, Once you are sure they will continue to do things the same way, it will change. It is very possible that you may have not done the lake tour and are remembering it correctly. We haven't done the "cruise" for about 10 years an it was in December each time. I think one time the other party that was with us (got tickets through a group meet) did not show until about 8:45, so it was straight to the bridge on that one, and we were the last boat in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter