Illuminations Cruise

Tinkerbelle14

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! I saw that a lot of people are talking about how they have booked an Illuminations Cruise for after their wedding. My fiance and I are thinking about doing this as a surprise thank you to our parents and guests. There are going to be about 10 of us, so I was just wondering how much this will cost. Also, where do the boats leave from? We will be getting married at Sea Breeze Point on the Boardwalk, so will it be easy to get to? Ok, I've asked enough questions, thanks in advance for the help!

we have been on the breathless & pontoon illumination firework cruise from the yacht club. the pontoon boat would work for your group, it seats 10 adults the price is per boatload & includes a driver. the price is now $180. they make pick up's from the yc marina & by request at the boardwalk dock.

call 407-wdw-play

we also added dessert, snacks & drinks on a moonlite cruise which was $25/pp additional which we arranged through yacht club dining.

have a wonderful wdw wedding, seabreeze is beautiful!

Call as soon as you can because they book up very quickly. You can start making reservations for them 90 days in advance and there is an informative thread about them under the Theme Parks and Attractions board. I think there is more than one location from which you can depart for it but I am not 100% sure. If you can't get the Illuminations cruise (it's insane, you have to start calling a minute before the Disney offices open that day and hope they take your call amongst the first), then there are also Magic Kingdom Fireworks cruises that take you out on the Seven Seas lagoon. There are different sized boats but I think for 10 people there is only the $180 one that would fit all of you. If you do the MK Fireworks the boats leave from either the GF, Poly, Cont., or the WL. Have a good time!! :jumping1:

Also, you can call 1-800-828-0228 and still reach them toll free, but it would probably be quicker to call 1-419-WDW-PLAY b/c then you don't have to be transferred.

I was able to get on a boat with someone from these boards that booked a cruise our first night down there for our honeymoon, I believe she said it's $140 for the boat and we're splitting it among 10 people. This is for the one that leaves the Yacht club?? (I'm not sure about that)

Thanks everyone for your help! I think we are definately going to do this as a nice thank you surprise and I already have discreetly found out that no one hates boats, so it should all work out great! Wow, I wish that it was less than 14 months away, but I'm sure it'll go by quickly, especially since 8 of those months will be focused on completing my 4th year of university and my honours thesis. It's going to be a great, but crazy year!

The Illuminations Cruise is a boat that will take you out onto the lake to watch Epcots Illuminations show. Apparently it costs about $140 - $180, but I am not going to book mine for a little bit yet. It seems like the perfect way to cap off the wedding day! :earsgirl: :cool1:

we booked the cruise for the night before the wedding.

make sure you call exactly 90 days before you want it...its VERY hard to reserve.

GOOD LUCK!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter