IllumiNations Dessert Party

Florida2012

If you can dream it, you can do it
We are in the process of making plans for our visit to WDW in November and was looking at maybe taking in IllumiNations whilst indulging in, what looks like, some tasty treats!

However, I'm a bit put off by the price of $50 each, especially when we could try and get a table for a meal at one of the pavilion restaurants during IllumiNations!!

So, has anyone done the dessert party? If so do you think it is worth that sort of money?

We did this last year and ended up asking for a refund and leaving.

There was nowhere to sit (though to be fair this wasn't advertised) or even rest slightly whilst you're having the food and drink, it wasn't particularly plentiful and the room on which it was held was pretty bland.

We also weren't very impressed with the viewing location, but unfortunately I can't remember where it was meant to be on that day - they'd changed the arrangements for some reason, and we'd actually ended up walking round Showcase Lagoon twice looking for it, being told different things by different CM's, with no signage. So in fairness we weren't in the best mood when we arrived.

After we'd got our refunds we left, walked round the corner to Mexico, found a clear spot to sit by the wall and had a perfect view, with some snacks from the quick service. Much better, and much cheaper!

As an alternative, I'd highly recommend the Wishes Dessert Cruise which we loved. The view is not up close but this gives a different perspective, and the tour round the lake and unique view of the Electric Water Pageant was an amazing start. The desserts were yummy too, and there were Mickey Bars handed out when we got off...

Have a great trip!

I did this last year as a treat for hubby. I didn't like it and wouldn't do it again. The standing tables didn't bother me but the lack of view did. The food wasn't great and the ice cream was strictly rationed by the half a scoop???? the alchohol wasn't too bad but not worth the money when only one party can drink. the thing that disappointed me was the view of the fireworks from our table was bad. Since this was the whole point it seemed a bit ridiculous. So personally I wouldn't do it again, I'd grab some snacks and a spot around the lagoon myself and it will be a better experience. Just my opinion.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter