Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

It doesn’t look like many people per night can get a reservation for this with such limited seating. I’m glad we were able to get reservations. Never ate here before but looking forward to it!

I'm so happy!!! I've been trying ever since I got back from my cruise last week to snag a reservation for my birthday trip - July 18 was the only date that truly worked with my plans, though I could have hopped (I have an AP) and made the 19th work if necessary. It kept popping up as available, but because I was using a gift card to pay for it, I had to call and inevitably it would be gone by the time I got someone on the phone. Today that happened 4 times!! REALLY wish they would fix the system so you can book pre-paid dining things with a gift card online.

Then around 3:45 I looked and it was there and I jumped on the phone and SCORED IT!!!!

It'll be bittersweet as it's essentially kicking off my birthday trip, but it will be the last time I see Illuminations (I'm at WDW 3 nights before doing a 5-night cruise - night 2 is tentatively MK...but skipping Hopefully Evermore Avoiding, so I may go to Disney Springs instead for dinner, and night 3 (actual birthday) is all Animal Kingdom all day ending with the ROL dessert party!!), but I'm so excited for this!!

Last edited:
Any reports this week? Just wondering if they might add a few items to the package menu.

Add a few items to the package?

OP said menu. I can see them doing that because I was faced with the difficult decision of keeping my original ADR that I made at 180 for a regular dinner like we always have our last night outside watching Illuminations or making new ADR's for this special offering. It all boiled down to my son not liking one single thing on the shortened menu so I kept the original ADR's and just hoping we get to sit outside on the second deck. If the special menu just had a burger offering, I would have jumped. Too late to jump if they add it now. LOL. Was a no win situation. pirate: aRGHHHH. At least the boy and I can sit back and have a few half and half's if we don't get the deck.

OP said menu. I can see them doing that because I was faced with the difficult decision of keeping my original ADR that I made at 180 for a regular dinner like we always have our last night outside watching Illuminations or making new ADR's for this special offering. It all boiled down to my son not liking one single thing on the shortened menu so I kept the original ADR's and just hoping we get to sit outside on the second deck. If the special menu just had a burger offering, I would have jumped. Too late to jump if they add it now. LOL. Was a no win situation. pirate: aRGHHHH. At least the boy and I can sit back and have a few half and half's if we don't get the deck.
When are you going? We have a regular ADR in July we are on the fence about canceling. A non-package review would be geat if you have a chance.

When are you going? We have a regular ADR in July we are on the fence about canceling. A non-package review would be geat if you have a chance.

Our ADR's are on May 2 on our last night. I could definitely do a review as we have eaten there about 20 times. Just hoping we enjoy it as much now. Before, we were never guaranteed outside dining but we always got it. We do not go on a weekend, just through the week. The boy on the left in my avatar is about 6'6" and 160 pounds. Won't eat much besides burgers, taco's and hot dogs. No chicken, no steak, no ham, no pork, no Turkey. His twin brother is on the right side of the picture is about 6'3" 185 and eats like he will never see food again. I have said this before, but I just don't understand how the pub burger isn't on the menu. It's like we would die to be able to give Disney $80 for a burger and beers but they won't take it......

I have bumped this thread a few times just asking for a non package review but haven't seen one. If you can wait till early May, I will give you one.

Thanks all for posting information on this dining package. We're making a trip in June just so we can catch Illuminations before it goes away. We've done late reservations at Rose & Crown about 15 times over the years and have been seated on the patio all but one of those times (let me tell ya, sitting in the dining room is a completely different experience!).

I made a 7:55 PM reservation on a Friday night in June @180 days out, and then saw this dining package. Not a fan of the food choices (we usually go for the masala, sirloin or burger), but snagged a dinner package on Thursday, just so we could be guaranteed the experience we've come to love over the years. Now what to do with my Friday night "regular" reservation? I was thinking about keeping it, rolling the dice on the patio, then eating the 4x$10 cancellation fee if they can't seat me on the upper deck of the patio.

I’ll chime in here. We had the Illuminations Package on March 2nd. Our table was on the lower patio under the roof , just at the end of the hedges. My husband, adult daughter, and myself were happy with our table location. I did see a group unhappy with their table as they were on the lower patio, but their table had another table in front of them. In other words they weren’t waterside, but separated by another table that WAS waterside.

A couple we were standing with waiting to check in said they had just walked up today and got a package reservation! They were very excited.

Our server was wonderful and attentive. We were seated at about 7:50 pm, but couldn’t order alcohol until 8pm. Our order was taken prior to 8pm and promptly served at 8 pm. I tried the Dutchess Signature drink and didn’t like it too much. I asked for a Pinot Grigio but our server said only one drink at a time...so she took away my barely touched Dutchess and brought me the Pinot. I then tried a Hard Cider with Current syrup...and it was delicious. My husband and daughter were very happy with their bar choices as well.

My husband and daughter had the potato soup and Fish and Chips. They liked it very much. I had the cheese plate which I loved. I then had the corned beef and cabbage...which was pretty disgusting. Sorry folks....I’ve had the bangers and mash before and didn’t like it...and I don’t eat fish. This cuisine just doesn’t do anything for me. But I knew that when we booked. The dessert was lovely and delicious. The menu does not have any added menu items yet.

Our view for Illuminations was fantastic. My husband and daughter sat, but I stood up because I had a wooden post blocking some of the direct view. This was perfectly fine and did not block any of the diners on the upper patio. I believe I was the only one standing.

Hope this answers some questions.
Debbie

Last edited:
I’ll chime in here. We had the Illuminations Package on March 2nd. Our table was on the lower patio under the roof , just at the end of the hedges. My husband, adult daughter, and myself were happy with our table location. I did see a group unhappy with their table as they were on the lower patio, but their table had another table in front of them. In other words they weren’t waterside, but separated my another table that WAS waterside.

A couple we were standing with waiting to check in said they had just walked up today and got a package reservation! They were very excited.

Our server was wonderful and attentive. We were seated at about 7:50 pm, but couldn’t order alcohol until 8pm. Our order was taken prior to 8pm and promptly served at 8 pm. I tried the Dutchess Signature drink and didn’t like it too much. I asked for a Pinot Grigio but our server said only one drink at a time...so she took away my barely touched Dutchess and brought me the Pinot. I then tried a Hard Cider with Current syrup...and it was delicious. My husband and daughter were very happy with their bar choices as well.

My husband and daughter had the potato soup and Fish and Chips. They liked it very much. I had the cheese plate which I loved. I then had the corned beef and cabbage...which was pretty disgusting. Sorry folks....I’ve had the bangers and mash before and didn’t like it...and I don’t eat fish. This cuisine just doesn’t do anything for me. But I knew that when we booked. The dessert was lovely and delicious. The menu does not have any added menu items yet.

Our view for Illuminations was fantastic. My husband and daughter sat, but I stood up because I had a wooden post blocking some of the direct view. This was perfectly fine and did not block any of the diners on the upper patio. I believe I was the only one standing.

Hope this answers some questions.
Debbie

Was it a larger group who were relegated to a table in the back row? Did you notice if they ended up having to stand to watch Illuminations? I worry my family of five, as a bigger size table, could be placed away from the front which would make everyone pretty unhappy considering the kids don’t love the menu anyway. But I do want to do it, lol!

Our ADR's are on May 2 on our last night. I could definitely do a review as we have eaten there about 20 times. Just hoping we enjoy it as much now. Before, we were never guaranteed outside dining but we always got it. We do not go on a weekend, just through the week. The boy on the left in my avatar is about 6'6" and 160 pounds. Won't eat much besides burgers, taco's and hot dogs. No chicken, no steak, no ham, no pork, no Turkey. His twin brother is on the right side of the picture is about 6'3" 185 and eats like he will never see food again. I have said this before, but I just don't understand how the pub burger isn't on the menu. It's like we would die to be able to give Disney $80 for a burger and beers but they won't take it......

I have bumped this thread a few times just asking for a non package review but haven't seen one. If you can wait till early May, I will give you one.
That would be great. If you can also find out if the indoor diners still get the reserved viewing area, that would be great also.

We have gone 3 times, and have always had a patio table also.

Just DH and i are going the illuminations dinner March 10th.

For anyone who has been there are couples only seated by the rail?
I didn't realize you could be seated towards the back on the patio:sad2:. I will not be too happy if that is the case. I was already worried about the dreaded hedge being that im only 5 feet:( but that seems to be ok from past reviews.

I booked this not only for the advantage of having a great view, but because this is the last time we would be seeing Illuminations.:sad:

Although we just booked this for July because friends are coming with us:teeth:. So i hope well be seated by the rail.

Liz:rose:

Was it a larger group who were relegated to a table in the back row? Did you notice if they ended up having to stand to watch Illuminations? I worry my family of five, as a bigger size table, could be placed away from the front which would make everyone pretty unhappy considering the kids don’t love the menu anyway. But I do want to do it, lol!

I believe the group at the back table were a party of four. The table next to us was a big, round table that sat 5-6 people and in my opinion the best table on the lower patio.

I was the only one standing during Illuminations. I have a feeling staff may move tables around to accommodate different group sizes. I saw an area off to the side where empty tables were stored.

Debbie

Just DH and i are going the illuminations dinner March 10th.

For anyone who has been there are couples only seated by the rail?
I didn't realize you could be seated towards the back on the patio:sad2:. I will not be too happy if that is the case. I was already worried about the dreaded hedge being that im only 5 feet:( but that seems to be ok from past reviews.

I booked this not only for the advantage of having a great view, but because this is the last time we would be seeing Illuminations.:sad:

Although we just booked this for July because friends are coming with us:teeth:. So i hope well be seated by the rail.

No, lots of groups larger than two seated by the rail. We saw at least one group of 5 at the rail. However, they DO seem to move tables to accommodate the dynamics of the groups booked each night. They even moved the tables to accommodate a table of 6 that walked up and asked for the package last minute. Literally while we were waiting to be seated. It delayed us getting seated, actually.

You can be separated by one other table from the rail, but it isn't far and the view is still really good. On our. night, they had every possible table crammed up against the rail that they possibly could. It was close.

The 'dreaded hedge' doesn't have very much impact at all, but if it bothers you, standing is fine, IMO. I am short as well and had no problems seeing over the hedge. We had partial hedge blockage, so I could easily see the difference that it made. It slightly blocked the bottom of the 'on the water fountains'. That was it as far as I noticed. You re looking at the show and there is so much happening that the bottom of the fountains by the water just didn't matter. Don't forget - the hedge isn't right next to you, it is on top of a wall out in the water.

JMHO, of course, but I wouldn't worry about the hedge. The second row table isn't ideal, but it isn't terrible either. It is far better than anything the non package people are able to get. More tables are by the rail than not, so your odds are good.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the updates !! Can’t they just trim that hedge a bit? Lol

Last edited:
No, lots of groups larger than two seated by the rail. We saw at least one group of 5 at the rail. However, they DO seem to move tables to accommodate the dynamics of the groups booked each night. They even moved the tables to accommodate a table of 6 that walked up and asked for the package last minute. Literally while we were waiting to be seated. It delayed us getting seated, actually.

You can be separated by one other table from the rail, but it isn't far and the view is still really good. On our. night, they had every possible table crammed up against the rail that they possibly could. It was close.

The 'dreaded hedge' doesn't have very much impact at all, but if it bothers you, standing is fine, IMO. I am short as well and had no problems seeing over the hedge. We had partial hedge blockage, so I could easily see the difference that it made. It slightly blocked the bottom of the 'on the water fountains'. That was it as far as I noticed. You re looking at the show and there is so much happening that the bottom of the fountains by the water just didn't matter. Don't forget - the hedge isn't right next to you, it is on top of a wall out in the water.

JMHO, of course, but I wouldn't worry about the hedge. The second row table isn't ideal, but it isn't terrible either. It is far better than anything the non package people are able to get. More tables are by the rail than not, so your odds are good.

Good luck!
Thank You for your optimistic words. Im sure it will be fine.
I mean we sat on the upper patio years ago. and had a great view We'll be fine on the lower patio even closer. its just very pricey so i was hoping for an unobstructed view. im just over thinking all of this:scratchin LOL

We're going to Disney tomorrow!!!!party:

So hoping they still have this package with the interim show in October. Sad we will miss Illuminations this year. But we have seen it so many times. Probably 10 or more times on the patio of R&C and three Illuminations cruises. Sorry to see it go. We listen to the Millennium cd we bought in 1999 all the time.

For those of you that have already done the package, how long is the dinner/show from start to finish, 90 minutes - 2hours? As a stated above, our daughter has severe autism and sitting idle for long periods of time is difficult. As long as we can easily get in and out of the patio to visit the bathroom and maybe to walk a bit she will be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter