Illuminations July 4, and being Handicap?

civileng68

<font color=teal>That May scare the poopy out of m
I know for Illuminations there is a handicap area near the front of World Showcase ( I am aware of the location ). My question though is this......................

My dad is handicap and will be going to Disney with us for the first time (my dad, mom, wife and I) on July 4, for Illuminations. Do they still have this area for July 4, with the crowds and all? Also, if so, do you also have to get there very early to get in the handicap area?

They ALWAYS have this area. And yes you might have to get there alittle earlier. I would stay in the area starting about 2 hours early , not that I would sit in the area but just that side of the lake and keep an eye on it and go sit there when it really starts to fill in.

Also, when it's very busy, they may limit seating in the handicapped area to the person with a disability plus one other person accompanying them.
We have been in the handicapped viewing area for Illuminations where they have either told us that they expected a large crowd so they were limiting access when we got there OR they might have to limit access so the extra 2 people in our party might be asked to leave if the space was needed for other people with disabilities.
There are some other handicapped viewing areas along WS (just check your park map). It's likely on July 4 that they will all be pretty busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter