Illuminations music on ABC!

I came to the boards just to see if someone had already posted this fact. You can hear the music, close your eyes, and you can see President Obama's face on the globe in the middle of the lagoon during the show...:goodvibes :goodvibes

I have noticed that ABC News uses a soundtrack from Illuminations for many events, including today's Inauguration! (I really think they've been using it since the millennium, but only on special occasions.)

There's a post on the Community Board about this too - I'm also excited to keep hearing that great music. I chose wisely on ABC. ;)

I would have loved to hear the Music in the background but OUR CABLE went out about an hour before the swearing in and just came back! So frustrating!

Well, they're still playing it going into every commercial, so you can catch it now!:thumbsup2

:offtopic: but it is very sad to hear that Senator Kennedy was removed from the luncheon having seizures... I hope that he will recover. What a day. :sad:

I noticed it this morning too. I was really excited when I heard it when they started the opening segment of the news. It is a great touch. :thumbsup2

I've noticed they've mentioned Disney quite a bit during their telecast...hmmm, I wonder why....lol

Kind of cool none the less

Lately instead of working in the student cafeteria I have been stuck in the teachers. This is one day I am so glad cause they had the tv going all day and I got to hear Illuminations all day at work. :)

DFi said there must be someone who works for ABC that's just like me (all of us, for that matter) and thought Illuminations would be perfect! How cool!!!

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread...

Did any of you happen to catch the ABC News special on the Inauguration last night? Did you notice that all the music leading in and out of the commercials was from Illuminations? Kinda cool, but I always think I should see fireworks or a globe going across a lake.

I didn't get a chance to watch anything during during the day. Were they doing that all day, or just for the nighttime special (10 PM ET)? Have they done this before??

I noticed it too. Matter of fact when my family came home last night they ask what was I doing all day and I told them I was listening to the music from Epcot all day hahaha.

This topic was talked about yesterday on the community boards, remember that Disney owns ABC so it could use the music. I thought it was very cool too.;)

They did play a significant part of the Illuminations song at the opening of their coverage at 9:30am and used it for some of the transitions going in and out of the commercial breaks. It was wonderful to hear this awe inspiring song - a perfect choice for the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter