Illuminations Pontoon cruise

cinmell

DIS Veteran
How far are you allowed to book the specialty cruises (Illuminations Pontoon Cruise)? Is it 90 days or 120 days? Thank you.

It's 90 days. Be sure to be on the phone the moment they open or you may not get a cruise. They book up within minutes (depending on time of year).

Look HERE for lots of great info on the Illuminations cruises and tips on booking. If you're not able to secure a cruise yourself, click on the month you're going and see if someone has spots open to share. It's a great way to save a little money, see the show, and meet other DIS-ers!

Today was my 90 day window and I got thru at 6:59am and I was first told that they were already sold out :eek: But when the CM double checked, she actually booked us on the last available boat for our date. I couldn't believe it, you people weren't kidding when you said call first thing. But the CM said there are only 4 boats for the Illuminations Specialty Cruise. Well now our family is looking forward to this. My husband and I have done this cruise once in the past but my mother has never done it so she will be very excited and I'm hoping our 2 year old daughter will enjoy it too.

The link provided by Cleo in previous post wrote that the cruise includes a tour of the Boardwalk Resort area. The last time we went on this cruise, our pilot took us down to the Studios then back up to Epcot, do they still do this or do they just stay at the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club, Swan area?

cinmell, they do take you over to the Studios area. At least, they did when I took the tour a couple of years ago, and have read other reports since then as well. It's a very pleasant tour past the Swan and Dolphin, then over to the Studios and then back for Illuminations. Our tour guide gave us all sorts of wonderful trivia and insights as we did the little side trip, making it a real treat for all of us.

Enjoy your cruise, and congratulations on getting a boat! :)

Cinmell,

Wow is right! I came in to work extra early on January 24th so that I could call and book the Illuminations cruise for my DH's 40th birthday on April 24th. Well, I got involved in my work emails and didn't make the call until 7:03. I was also told the boats were sold out and then I said "Isn't there a boat from the Boardwalk?" and the rep checked and said yes there is one boat from the Boardwalk and it's still available so I got the last one also! :Pinkbounc

We have also done the cruise in the past (for my Bday one year) and our Captain also took us down past the studios and back around the Boardwalk area so I'm curious too if they still do this.

Cathy

Don't give up!

There are cancellations all the time. Especially really close to the actual cruise date. Keep calling and ask for each one of your vacation days. You may get lucky.

I was able to get the Illuminations cruise one trip 3 days before we left. It was for the first night we were there. What a great way to start the vacation. I was even able to surprise my wife since it was so close to time to go.

Keep trying!

Originally posted by Cathy K.
Cinmell,

Wow is right! I came in to work extra early on January 24th so that I could call and book the Illuminations cruise for my DH's 40th birthday on April 24th. Well, I got involved in my work emails and didn't make the call until 7:03. I was also told the boats were sold out and then I said "Isn't there a boat from the Boardwalk?" and the rep checked and said yes there is one boat from the Boardwalk and it's still available so I got the last one also! :Pinkbounc

We have also done the cruise in the past (for my Bday one year) and our Captain also took us down past the studios and back around the Boardwalk area so I'm curious too if they still do this.

Cathy

As of last Oct they still do this. Left from Boardwalk cruised toward Swan and Dolphin (interesting trivia on these...) Down to the studios and then back to park and wait for the show. Also while waiting the captain did a little something where he had some flash cards with character pictures on it and everyone had to guess who the character was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter