I'm an ADR & DDP newbie! Recommendations?

AlexJB

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm currently about to book a trip to the world in early July with my g/f; we are staying on site (6nts) and are taking advantage of the DDP that comes included with the room. I discovered these forums a few days a back (and thank goodness I did! :)) - now, before this I'd never heard of ADRs at Disney - I've done some research on here and it seems people are booking up to 180 days in advance, how important is it to book ADRs early? How much of a disadvantage is it that we will only be booking a few months ahead?

Does anyone have any recommendations of restaurants? I have been to WDW a few times before, but we've always just grabbed food wherever and not really forward planned.

Also, do you tend to plan out every meal in advance, or leave some nights for flexibility?

Any advice for a DDP & ADR newbie would be much appreciated! :)

You will find that you will want to schedule most of your table service meals (TS). You can eat this meal for any meal. If you have the normal meal plan 1 tableservice, 1 counterservice(QS) and 1 snack per day. You will receive 1 each for each night of your hotel stay. If you stay 5 nights you have 5 TS to book. On the Disney site go to the places to eat, select make reservations and look at what resturantants are in each park and what appeals to you. You can look on allears.net they offer menus for the resturants. They do try to keep them up to date. Then see which fit into your plans and see if they have a reservation available on the day you want if not they will reflect other openings you may be interested in. If not try another one. Good luck:goodvibes

Take suggestions but if you see somewhere you like, book it. You have to develop you're own favorites. I have always planned my meals, even CS and for me, ADRs are a must.

Here are my suggestions:
DHS - 50's Prime Time Cafe
AK - Yak & Yeti
MK - LTT
Epcot - Coral Reef
DTD - Planet Hollywood

If you're staying at a resort with a TS, might as well eat there too.

We've only eaten at 2 ts restaurants so far (usually we just eat quickly also) but we really enjoyed both. We love the Crystal Palace breakfast buffet at MK. The Pooh characters are there, which doesn't matter to us because our kids are teens, but the food is really good. We tried Biergarten in Germany at Epcot last year and loved that as well. The oompah band makes for a fun time and the food on the buffet was really good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter