• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm back from my trip! 18th - 23rd September

donna307

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody :yay:

So we got home on Monday late afternoon and I've finally caught up (just about) on washing and sleep.

I'll do some quick highs and lows and will hopefully get a trip report done when I'm back as I'm going away again tomorrow for the weekend shopping with my friend for our dresses for her wedding!

Highs

The weather - It did rain on the Friday but only in the afternoon and we were swimming anyway then went to BBWWS so only got a tiny bit rained on

The food - all amazing

Inventions - Absaloutely perfect. We were off to a little side bit and there were 3 or 4 other tables in there with us but the characters were there all the time we were eating. I left with the most content feeling.

Hardly any queues apart from at the weekend (next time I go low season will be arriving on a Sunday night and leaving on a Friday afternoon!) Evern BTM at one point was more or less walk on!!!!!

Characters - So many around the parks and not too difficult to get to.

Disney magic on parade - I was worried it was not going to live up to the Once Upon A Dream parade but it was just as good if not better.

The 20th train - Short but very sweet.

Dreams - Words cannot describe how wonderful this was. I wish I'd have gone to see it twice though as I filmed the whole thing so didn't really sit back and take it all in as well as I could have 'freehand'.

Lows

I don't have any real serious lows but just a few things....

The toilets. I'm sorry but the toilets really are horrible. Especially the ones around the park but even some of the ones in the restaurants are smelly! They smell and are really, really dirty. It's more the people that are using them rather than Disney not keeping on top of things but I really think there needs to be someone in there cleaning every half hour! Not nice.

People pushing. I saw a lot of this. There is no need to push! Why can't people realise that if you form an orderly queue for things, everyone will get a turn. I saw several times, people queue jumping. At the Orbitron ride, there was a man in his mid 50's that lifted the rope half way through the queue (which was quite a long queue) and slid right into the front. I was so angry!!! Surely they must be able to police this?

This one is not really a low just something that puzzled me.... At BBWWS, we arrived at out seat and everyone already had there 'camp cornbread' under the bowel on the plate. I said to my friend not to bother eating it yet as the rest was to come. Everyone else appeared to be doing the same thing. They came around and dished out the chilli and the kids food but the rest of our food was nowhere to be seen. They came around quite a while later to take away the chilli which nobody had started eating yet because we were all waiting for the rest (I swiftly ate mine but my friend had hers taken away!!!) Maybe this is how it is always done but I seem to remember getting the main course all at once in the past. Then when they did eventually come with the chicken, beef and potatoes, they too were staggered? So we had potatoes for ages before anything else appeared. Weird?? Anyway, it didnt ruin it for us but rather puzzled me. We were then offered coffee and my friend asked if she could have tea. They said yes but never did come back with any so she had an empty cup! Never mind :rolleyes1

Anyway, all in all it was a fantastic trip and I can't wait to go again. September is the time to go people!

Welcome back! :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a great trip! :thumbsup2

I am looking forward to going back to Inventions as I love it :lovestruc and I've put Dreams in my planner twice for the same reason you mention!! Once to video it and once to absorb it all!! pixiedust:

I loved our September trip (it was our first) perfect weather and no queues - bliss!

Sounds like you had a great time! We were there 19th to 23rd too!
It's weird, we found all the toilets clean and well stocked and saw no queue jumping at all. The only pushing was for the buses. Guess it's all about timing. ;)
We didn't queue longer than 10 minues for anything except Tram Tours (I think because it was closed Thurs/Fri) and Crush. Brilliant time and Dreams made me cry! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter