• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Im Banned!!!

Thanks GoofyWaterCoaster. it is true I do only play on vmk, and now I have nothing to do all night and tomorrow. but what is "habbo"?:confused3 well thanks all for your support and btw I really only made this thread to see if it was a fair ban, or by accident. Thanks.:hug:

Totally off topic but what picture is that in your avatar? it looks cool

I'm sorry you got banned, I cringed when you said that and did not want to say anything in fear of getting a ban myself.

::yes:: I honestly thought they would send a message to the whole room. Sorry you got banned though, but they do say "No giving out personaly information" I sort of had a feeling you would have been but saying something afterwards wouldn't have stopped VMK.

habbo is a game called habbo hotel. Where you live in this hotel..

People theyre are whackos.

:sad1: :sad1: :sad2: omg! im banned, The only thing I said was "it is for oh clock where I live in real. wow time flies when your playng VMK!"

Sorry about your ban :hug: I am still new to vmk and it's hard to remember all the things you should not say.
I was talking with some East Coast friends last month on vmk, and as it was past midnight for them I said
"this is late for you guys" They "lalala" till it was off the screen .. oops .. guess I could have got banned too. :guilty:
I guess as it was not directed to anyone in particular maybe I got off easy on that one.
Sometimes conversations on vmk can be a bit nerve wracking for me :headache:

it's easy to be careless when you talk with friends. I know I have mentioned my time before, or that I live near Disneyland!

Question though, does vmk have some sort of program that picks up on these things, or do they solely go on others reporting people using personal information. Because if someone reported you for that, they need to get a life! Although, of course you could be a 10 year old girl that has given all kinds of information already. I know I reported an 11 year old when she gave her age and pretty much the town she lives in and the mall she goes to (yes, she dictionary danced around all that!)

:sad1: :sad1: :sad2: omg! im banned, The only thing I said was "it is for oh clock where I live in real. wow time flies when your playng VMK!" I have been banned for 24 hours, this will be my first ban and now I can forget being a community leader. the only thing I was trying to show was that vmk is a fun way to pass up time. Do you think this was a fair ban or was it done by mistake?:confused3 and I was in the middle of a quest, while also hanging out at shadows new room. Im about to burst out crying!:sad1: this is my first halloween and my trick or treat prize is being banned! oh and btw I havent been in a host room all month for the halloween prizes and I was only 61 in q for lighting jack o lanterns! I have had bad days on vmk, but this one takes the the top!:sad2: :sad1: :sad2: :sad1: :sad2:
I'm really sorry you got banned! I hope this makes you feel a little better. Me and my mom were going to go to disney world. I wanted to do vmk and some vmk in-park quests. But then they closed vmk central. So then when we went I did'nt get to do either of those! Which I think is almost as sad as being banned from vmk! :figment: :stitch2: :stitch: :smickey: :maleficen :donald:

Totally off topic but what picture is that in your avatar? it looks cool

That is me. btw ppl right now stuck at the airport writing on by dads blackberry lol small print! I'm trying to get on a flight I've. Been here for. About three hours okay well byes

My goodness. It shouldn't matter what part of the country you are in. That is not very personal information. I think that should be allowed. Email addresses, telephone numbers. age of a person, school grade etc should be forbidden of course. But which side of the world you live on? I think that is going too far. But, this is just my personal opinion. It's kind of cool to know that you are playing a game with someone on the other side of the country.

Actually that is personal information if you say what part of the country you are in. Its part of giving away where you live then. Yes it may not be an actually address it still is saying "hey look I live in (fill in place)" which is not allowed in VMK. While some of the things that have caused bans at times may be silly to some its set up that way for the safety of all under 18. And it may be cool to know you are playing with someone on the other side of the country or in another country it isn't safe to give info out no matter what it is that could be considered personal. Plus you don't know who is seeing the conversation and the type of people that are around in the game at times. Obviously with giving time it is personal since it is something that says they are in whatever part of the world. Its a lesson learned not just for the person here banned but for others as well about this. I know I wouldn't have thought about the time but with this it does make sense. At least it was just 24 hours and not worse. ;)
As far as how they catch this stuff. Well I've read things saying they have certain words or things that will put up a sort of red flag to them and let them know what was said and by who (am I saying this all right? Hope so.). I think reporting those that dictionary dance all this info is something that needs to be done. I have done it and also let the person know they shouldn't give info out like that since sometimes they are new.

Actually that is personal information if you say what part of the country you are in. Its part of giving away where you live then. Yes it may not be an actually address it still is saying "hey look I live in (fill in place)" which is not allowed in VMK. While some of the things that have caused bans at times may be silly to some its set up that way for the safety of all under 18. And it may be cool to know you are playing with someone on the other side of the country or in another country it isn't safe to give info out no matter what it is that could be considered personal. Plus you don't know who is seeing the conversation and the type of people that are around in the game at times. Obviously with giving time it is personal since it is something that says they are in whatever part of the world. Its a lesson learned not just for the person here banned but for others as well about this. I know I wouldn't have thought about the time but with this it does make sense. At least it was just 24 hours and not worse. ;)
As far as how they catch this stuff. Well I've read things saying they have certain words or things that will put up a sort of red flag to them and let them know what was said and by who (am I saying this all right? Hope so.). I think reporting those that dictionary dance all this info is something that needs to be done. I have done it and also let the person know they shouldn't give info out like that since sometimes they are new.

Actually, just giving the time of where you are does not give away where you are.

I can say it's 10:30 where I live.
But, I can be in 23 states or 13 other countries. It's the same time in all of those places.

Now how can anyone tell where I'm at? :confused3

There are people playing from all over the world. I don't get how giving just the time is equal to personal information. Millions and millions of other people can say it's the same time where they are.

I'm sorry this happened to you, MickeyMinnie123, it seems like it was only an honest mistake. I agree with what Cteddiesgirl said - knowing the current time where any given person is is not a very specific indicator of their location. It narrows it down a little, I guess, but not enough to pose any sort of threat. However, I'll bet the phrase "where I live in real" (you said, "it's for oh clock where I live in real) is what drew the attention of staff - that is probably an automatic red flag. It might not even be about giving the time, they simply saw that you used the phrase "where I live in real" and decided to give a sort of warning ban. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter