• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Becoming One of "Those" Guys

I wore shorts almost all winter. It was cold when I was outside but I'd rather be cold for a 30 second walk to the car or from the car to a store or mall than be uncomfortable the entire time I was indoors since most places kept it very warm.

I'm now in FL so now I can wear shorts all year without feeling cold at all and rarely wear a jacket either.

Sorry. I'm a desert creature. I put on a jacket when it gets in the 70s.
We're cold weather wimps too. When I saw this thread, it reminded me of the last time I saw my DH walking in snow. We were visiting family in North Carolina for Christmas. He was wearing jeans, insulated socks, boots & a parka & was hunched over shivering like a 100 year old man. My sister said, "look at (DH's name)". Naturally, all of us ran to the window & had a good laugh at his expense. :rotfl:

Last edited:
We're cold weather wimps too. When I saw this thread, it reminded of the last time I saw my DH walking in snow. We were visiting family in North Carolina for Christmas. He was wearing jeans, insulated socks, boots & a parka & was hunched over shivering like a 100 year old man. My sister said, "look at (DH's name)". Naturally, all of us ran to the window & had a good laugh at his expense. :rotfl:
For me it depends on what time of year the temps are at. 70s in late spring/early summer? That's going to have a kick of humidity to it not overpowering but still there. But 70s in the fall say October/November? That's going to have a crisp to the air. Nighttime comfort also depends on the time of year.

I wear shorts at least once a week in the winter time. It’s great for the immune system. A great way not to get sick. Have people tell me all the time that have no idea what they are talking about saying you are going to get sick wearing that. Lol. Some people even jump in lakes in cold weather to help their immune system. I’m not that brave
While I don't believe wearing shorts in cold winter will make one sick, can you give some scientific reason that it helps the immune system?

Can I just say from a 67 yr old lady.....you have some very nice legs. DH wears shorts as long as he can bear it (pun intended) but yours are very nice. Yes, I know, I wrote that twice! :rotfl:

Eh, I’m in the northeast and see plenty of guys wearing shorts in winter. Too cold for me, but we all know women typically feel colder than men. And the thing is, no one bats an eye if a woman/girl wears a skirt or dress in cold weather.

In elementary school, on very cold days, I would freeze when we went outside for recess. This was back in the late 1960’s/early 70’s, when kids had “school clothes” and “play clothes”. Girls always wore skirts/dresses to school then (and the styles were short); pants were not allowed until later. LOL, I remember the boys (in pants) running around the schoolyard having fun, while all the girls huddled together in one spot to keep warm.

Can I just say from a 67 yr old lady.....you have some very nice legs. DH wears shorts as long as he can bear it (pun intended) but yours are very nice. Yes, I know, I wrote that twice! :rotfl:

Thank you.

You've guessed my motivation for wearing shorts in cold weather. ;)

I am a mix of these. I am known to wear shorts for as many months as possible. Usually end up in pants in Jan & Feb. In High School we would wear our Winter Letterman Jackets with our shorts.

But I am also part of the tribe that wants sleeves as my husband would say "if a leaf blows in the next town over". I will wear long sleeves or a hoody year around. In the winter more than one long sleeve works best. In the summer I wear either a thin long sleeve shirt or a tshirt and a Hoodie.

My DS went to high school here in the midwest with a neighbor kid who didn't own long pants; they walked back and forth to school together; it was about a mile. DS would wear a parka and ski mask when it was below freezing, and thought his classmate was completely insane walking navigating snowdrifts in shorts. (DS lives in Florida now, and still prefers long pants even when it is hot.)

The kid even showed up at HS graduation with shorts under his gown; the school administrators were NOT pleased, and he had to go home and change into the long pants his mom had purchased as a backup. He just got a fulltime job, but he's an engineer, so who knows, maybe he still insists on wearing shorts to work.
My DH is an engineer who wears hideous cargo shorts to work.
At least that's better than being one of "those guys" who's always wearing a mesh shirt with parka while trying to hit on all the moms by offering to buy them Dippin' Dots with his food stamps.
That's disturbingly specific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter