• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm beginning to think that Planning a Trip is better than actually going!!

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
I devote every minute of every day to either thinking about my upcoming trip or planning itineraries for it. And now as you all know our November trip is all planned for and there is not one more stitch I could add to this trip. I'm feeling a little blah. So I started planning again for the Poly Concierge trip in November 2002.

All of the sudden I'm feeling full of life again and more energized. This is so weird. So now i'm totally focused on next years trip. The fact that I'm actually GOING in a month and a 1/2 is on the back burner. So very strange of me. Do other people feel that the planning is more fun than the actual trip??? I've just realized this in the past 2 days.

I'm actually more excited about planning the Poly trip next year than I am about the fact that I am leaving in 52 days!!! What's up with that???

I don't know, the anticipation of going still does it for me and when we get to Disney ~ WOW!!!!. I don't do a whole lot of planning anymore since we joined DVC. We plan a few dinners and a couple of off park events, but leave the rest to what mood we're in :-)

Planning a trip is fun, but when you stop at Rose & Crown's for nice Harp and wander around the World Showcase - that to me is a little more fun than the planning!! :smooth:

Your right planning is the fun part that last the whole year. I just became a DVC member last month and have not yet stayed home. However, everyday I look at this board, plan, re-plan and never get enough. To say this is addictive is an understatement! Well I have 41 more years to go, I guess I'll get use to it.

I am with you Figaro. I not only love to plan as much as I like to go, but while I am there, I plan the next trip. You know, while we are walking I will say, " OH next year, we'll eat there,or Next year we'll stay more days here" My family says it's out of control. I love it!! Have fun!!!!

The journey is as exciting as the destination. Enjoy the planning but be sure to enjoy the trip. A few years ago we were at WDW during Christmas. It was our first Christmas away from home and first Christmas at WDW. We planned for months and went to all the seasonal favorites. One of my adult kids (a preschool teacher) had the cold of the year. She was sick during a good part of the trip. We had spent so much time planning and anticipating this particular trip that I became disappointed and didn’t enjoy the experience as much as I could have. My message is be sure to enjoy the trip. Live for the moment and in particular – live for the WDW moment.

I call it "DVC-itis" and I sure in heck have it. I am going through withdrawal symptoms because I am unable to plan our next trip. My DH won't find out his vacation schedule until Janurary 1. I am planning on booking for August 2002 and if I have to cancel so be it. At least I am satisfying my "DVC-itis"!!!

Figaro,
Tell me your post is an exaggeration, please. I love Disney as much as most, however, there is life outside of planning a vacation/s.
There is such a thing as overplanning. This I do know from personal experience. I used to have a "clipboard of fun" planned to the minute and went nuts if anything was changed. I have since been through therapy and found that being so compulsive/anal, was not a good thing. So, I just go and have fun and go where the wind takes me.
I do plan airfare, car rental and ressies at DVC/OKW and that is it.
It is soooooooooo relaxing that way. This of course is just MHO and it works for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter