I'm booked at one Disney's all star hotels if it gets overbooked and they put me in upgraded hotel what will the price difference be

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at Disney's all star music if it gets overbooked and they put me in an upgraded hotel what will the price difference be.
Doesn't have to be exact just a estimate

Have you heard of this happening recently? I have stayed at Disney’s value resorts 30+ times ( including All Stars) and never been moved or experienced them not being able to accommodate us.

Should Disney move you I can’t see them charging you anything but honestly unless it’s happening due to an unexpected problem at the resort I would not plan on it happening.

Between the three All-Star resorts, Pop Century, and AoA, there's 10,000+ budget rooms at WDW. Heck, Pop Century alone has almost 3,000 rooms. I'd bet they'd find you an alternative budget room somewhere before upgrading you to a moderate.

Regardless, whenever someone HAS been moved to a higher category room due to occupancy, maintenance, whatever, they aren't charged for the difference in room rates.

This isn't something to worry about, unless Disney calls you and offers you an upgrade for a certain dollar amount. If they do have to move you, it will more than likely be to another value.

Best advice ~ ALWAYS book somewhere you want to stay and will be happy with ... because that is where you likely will be staying.

The odds of getting moved are highest within your same resort - I once got bumped from POP Century Standard to POP Century Preferred and I was not happy because the room location was a downgrade. All Star Sports bumped me Standard to Preferred and was very happy with that move. If your resort has no availability you'd likely be moved laterally to a similar room, like All Star Music to All Star Sports. On the very rarest of occasions you would be moved to a higher level but that would fall into the miracle category.

If All Star Music is not where you want to stay, then I would look at changing your reservation to where you want to stay. No stress going in, and happiness once there. :earsboy:

Some hotels will first offer paid upgrades, discounts could be significant down to zero. A guest who declines the offer might get the upgrade for no charge OR the hotel might move on to the next guest.

I was offered an upgrade in August from All Star Movies to Coronado Springs. It was about $30 more a night. We could have declined it but my boys were excited for the pool slide so we took it. There were some other resorts offered as well but Coronado was the best deal. During the same time frame, there were reports of people being sent offers to upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe. Disney needed/wanted to fill rooms and I assume there was a higher demand for value resorts.

I was offered an upgrade in August from All Star Movies to Coronado Springs. It was about $30 more a night. We could have declined it but my boys were excited for the pool slide so we took it. There were some other resorts offered as well but Coronado was the best deal. During the same time frame, there were reports of people being sent offers to upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe. Disney needed/wanted to fill rooms and I assume there was a higher demand for value resorts.
Just curious, was your original room at ASM discounted?

We were booked at CSR for the summer and we got offered to upgrade to AKL for like $100 more a night. We did it.

In October, we had two nights booked at POP prior to a 7 night BC stay. I got a call from Disney the day before we were supposed to check in and they offered to upgrade us to a river view room at POR for no additional charge. They didn't give me a reason for why they were moving us, but I was happy to accept the free upgrade.

I am going back a lot of years (1994 or 1995?) when All Star Sports first opened. There were only four buildings open on our trip (we were in Surf’s Up, I think the other open buildings were the Hoops). It was a family reunion trip and the various groups arrived at different times and on different days. We booked there because it was the least expensive alternative before moving two days later to a GV and studio at OKW (one of our home resorts). A bunch of us stayed there for two nights, but others who arrived later were upgraded to POFQ and I would guess that was due to overbooking with only four buildings being available. They were not charged extra. I remember being pretty jealous! :guilty: But that was a very long time ago. Light-years! :scratchin

I think it depends on the exact situation. If Disney overbooks a hotel or has a maintenance issue and needs to move you somewhere else, I assume there would be no charge for that. If Disney calls and asks if you are interested in an upgrade, I assume that would involve an extra charge. To me it is somewhat like reserving a specific size rental car. If that size car is not available when you arrive, my experience has been they will provide a larger car for no extra charge.

Are you asking a hypothetical question or just trying to consider various alternatives?

$0. If Disney moves you they cover the cost.
Not always in my experience. I've been bumped 3 times. The 2 times due to resort closure I was offered a lateral move for free (mod to mod) and an upgrade for an additional rate that was a great discount. The one time I was walked at the front desk (POR to SSR 1BR), there was no additional charge.

Not always in my experience. I've been bumped 3 times. The 2 times due to resort closure I was offered a lateral move for free (mod to mod) and an upgrade for an additional rate that was a great discount. The one time I was walked at the front desk (POR to SSR 1BR), there was no additional charge.
Uh, yes in your experience. When Disney moved you, the cost was $0. From there you chose to accept an upsell from Disney, you were not forced to do that. We don’t have a single instance of anyone being forced to pay for an upgraded room or hotel when it was not their choice.

Last week I received an email offer to upgrade to AKL from POFQ for $82/night. I did not take it. Having stayed at AKL before the value is not there for me due to location. We're sticking with POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter