I'm Celebrating: Being Awesome - An October 2016 Solo Trip Report - Update 7/24: Hiatus Over! Sorta.

I really enjoyed this TR so far. You seem like loads of fun. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

What a great room view you got :)

Too funny about the face paint drama, I so wished you had taken a photo :rotfl2:

Hey Billie,

Been a CRAZY few weeks with the Holidays, but I *think* I"m back on track now and can try to keep up.

Happy New Year to you, Dear!

Now caught up on your AK day thus far. Had some things quoted but now for some reason they "can't be found". Twice. Oh well, here goes nothing...

Your breakfast view did indeed look quite lovely and peaceful.
Love how excited you look heading into AK.
YIKES on that first facepainting! Would have loved to see that but I underastand how that might not have been a priority at the moment. Glad the first CM fixed it. Love the final result. Then again I do love butterflies.
Yay for more Dismeets. Glad you got to ride Kali this time around. I remember being disappointed that I hardly got wet on that ride though, so I am with @IowaTater on that one. Could've used it on a hot May day.
LOOOOOVE the photo of you and Tink.

Your reports are always my fav! Cheers from SC!
Cheer as well! Thanks for reading!

I stumbled upon disboards and your reports on our recent trip to WDW and I keep coming back to read your updates.....you are so fun! Love your writing style and all your amazing detailed reports. And congrats on your weight loss. Amazing! I am also 6'!
Thank you SO miuch! I promise another update soon. The holidays threw me WAY off!

You've defintely had a jam packed day at animal kingdom! I'm sad you weren't able to see finding nemo. I haven't seen it but I'm hoping to on this trip! Now I'm off to catch up on your dining report!
It was a GREAT day at Animal Kingdom... Hope to have Part 3 up soon!

What a fantastic update on such a COLD DAY!

Im surprised you didn't fall asleep on the chair?!? HA HA HA! Such fun doing Dis meets and going on the rides together!!!
Id post more.. But um I have to get some work done!
Work is for adults. I don't like adulting! Boooo!

Hey, in my defense, it was a bajillion degrees out with 3000% humidity! I needed some cooling off and I barely got sprinkled on!

I'm glad you could join us for our first time ever riding it. And those animal trails were so crazy packed, I didn't get many pictures either. :(
Oh, it wasn't that hot! LOL. And I'm SO glad you were there to make me ride! I probably would have flaked out of it again if it wasn't for you!

Whoever made this sign clearly does not understand you ...
It most certainly does not.

Yes! DIS meet part two! And I'm glad they made you finally get your butt back on Kali River Rapids!
I'm glad they did, too!

Yes. This. Books are appropriate for all places and times.
You got that right!

Giraffes are always a swell place to leave us. They're so cute!!
I know, I just love them!

Loving the drunk scooter driving! I'm looking for you at the Princess 5K as I'll be running that one and you sound like you're a hoot to drink with!
Please do find me at the 5K if you can! I'll be in the very back hanging out the the balloon ladies!

Look at you, being all cute and adorable!
It's what I do!

That kid in the front reminds me of my sister way back when. But I'll provide that story when the time comes...
I'm looking forward to reading that story!

Lovely room and you totally scored with that awesome view! Also I LOVE that you could jam to the party music. I'd totally be jamming right along with you
In-Room princess dance party, woooo!

Zero. Ducks. Given.
Absolutely zero.

Yaaaaasssss. Picture me, sitting on a concrete bench, outside the People Mover, because I just had to finish this part of a JoJo Moyes book. And trying not to ugly cry in public!
And this is why we're friends.

I love seeing pictures of AKL! I'm staying there for the first time in May, and we're visiting it next week on our first park day for lunch at Sanaa. I'm so excited to see it in person, I know it's going to be stunning.
It's WONDERFUL. It was my very first Deluxe resort I ever stayed at, over a decade ago now. Yet every trip, I manage to find my way back over there for a visit (and to eat at Boma!).

Being able to relax and decompress in the large lobbies of the hotels is one of my favorite parts of a Disney vacation. It never feels awkward, which is basically a miracle, and they're all just so lovely.
Yes, it's a delight for sure. Makes me kinda sad to be staying at ASMo on the next one, I'll miss the comfy luxurious lobbies of the Deluxe resorts!

And you're not the only one who skips Kali with a FP on the regular. We do too! It's fun, we like it, but...eh. I get it.
Right?! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Loving all of your pics. We stayed at AKL the last 2 times and our room was on the 3 floor right above this pond. We loved the view so much that we spent most of our last day just sitting on the balcony enjoying it. For us it was well worth the extra$ for a savanna view. Can't wait to see where your going for dinner. We enjoyed all restaurants at AKL.
Aww, what a great spot!

YES!! 7 days to go!! If the DIS would ever stop glitching out on me, I was going to post an update to my PTR!!
God, I've been so super slack over here that you've already gone on your trip and come back and I still haven't posted another update. WHOOPS!

This gave me a chuckle! Another great trip report! That drink is making me thursty! Can't wait for part 3!
I could use another one of those drinks tonight myself. Oof.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE and LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE!!!!!! I love Cumberbatch!
Me too, girl! Me too!

How fun that you got to have a Dismeet and ride together!! Am so jealous!! Also your drink at lunch looked and sounded delish!
Yeah, it was a pretty great afternoon!

Didn't get lucky with an upstairs table this last trip, but have in the past! Just lovely up there!
Both times I've eaten there I got an upstairs table. I don't know if it's purely luck or flashing that Landry's card, but it surely is nice!

I stayed for these guys' entire set as well! Holy crap, they jam!!! I loved every minute!! Glad you dug 'em too!
Yes, they were fantastic! One of the things I love most about AK is all the live world music in various locations around the park.

Awesome pick, glad you all got to meet up again. Though, let's talk about that sober thing ; )
Don't worry, the sober thing didn't last terribly long!

Good news is you totally missed nothing!!!! We saw it a few trips back and to say I was underwhelmed is an overstatement. While it was well intended, their "original" songs were just plain awful. So you should thank the massive crowds for allowing you some peaceful AKL time instead.
Honestly, I only attempted to see it because (1) they cancelled my Dinosaur FP, and (2) I just wanted to finally put a checkmark in that box. I wasn't all that heartbroken about skipping it again.

What they heck were you thinking booking an 11pm dinner. Only thing i have a date for at 11 is sleep. Glad they cancelled it for you though.
You know I tend to be overly ambitious with my Disney schedule, especially on my solo trips! Sometimes it works out for me. In this case, it did not. Really glad I was about to cancel that ADR!

Gosh what I would give to see that first facepaint!! you should just take a picture of yourself and a marker and just show us what it looked like, hahaha. But the second face paint is really awesome! Might be my favorite one yet!
I've honestly thought about trying to recreate it in MS Paint. It was that bad.

Think Geek has that BB8 purse on sale for $40!
OH GOD. YOU DIRTY TEMPTRESS.

I really enjoyed this TR so far. You seem like loads of fun. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!
Aww, thanks! I do really well at entertaining myself, that's for sure!

What a great room view you got :)

Too funny about the face paint drama, I so wished you had taken a photo :rotfl2:
I wish I had taken a photo, too! It was epically bad!

Amen sister! This is why we are Goodreads friends.:coffee:
Yes ma'am! You 'cho book on, girl! (Honestly, getting my book on is why my updates have becomes so few and far between. Oops.)

Disney store has a small BB-8 Backpack on the 50% off sale...
I am SO GLAD that I have become a massive DIS slacker and did not see this until after the sale was over.

Hey Billie,

Been a CRAZY few weeks with the Holidays, but I *think* I"m back on track now and can try to keep up.

Happy New Year to you, Dear!
Girl, I haven't updated this thing in 3 weeks. I'm the last person you owe an explanation too, lol. Happy New Year to you as well!

Love how excited you look heading into AK.
I'm ALWAYS excited heading into a Disney park. Always.

YIKES on that first facepainting! Would have loved to see that but I underastand how that might not have been a priority at the moment. Glad the first CM fixed it. Love the final result. Then again I do love butterflies.
I do too! I also liked it because the color pallet coordinated nicely with my shirt!

Yay for more Dismeets. Glad you got to ride Kali this time around. I remember being disappointed that I hardly got wet on that ride though, so I am with @IowaTater on that one. Could've used it on a hot May day.
I like the initial splashing, but then walking (scooting) around in wet/damp clothes just gets real old for me! Plus I always go in the cooler months, so there's that.

Happy New Year! Hoping for an update soon. :)
You and me both, girl. I suck at updating this thing!

Alright the Holidays are officially over, it's time for an update, girl!
im going to agree with Cinderkelly here... WHERE ARE YOU!
I know, I know! I'mma working on it! Thanks for kicking my butt, you two! I think this might be my last trip report, honestly, since I CLEARLY cannot keep up with them anymore since losing my ability to DIS at work. Sigh.

Yey! I found another of your trip reports!!! The last one I read was with your aunt and uncle and I loved it. This one is fabulous too so far! I'll be keeping up with your dining report as well because I agree- one of the best parts of a WDW trip is the food! You're looking amazing btw!

I LOVE your trip reports and just found this one. So, thanks for making my Thursday afternoon a bit better!

Can I just be like the 2939473 person to tell you how amazing you look?? Congrats!! It's the little inspiration I need to stay on top of staying healthy. And I see you're doing a 5k? Amazing!

So... for now I'm just enjoying the report, but your photos at the Eye took me back-- I had a conference in Orlando a year ago and I stayed on I Drive with a view of that thing. Can't say I ever made it there. Possibly due to my massive fear of ferris wheels. Or possibly due to a very hectic conference schedule, no way of knowing! But I loved the way the lights changed at night.

God, I've been so super slack over here that you've already gone on your trip and come back and I still haven't posted another update. WHOOPS!
At least that means I haven't missed anything!! :) I thought of you the first night of our trip!! We were waiting in line for our food at Cosmic Ray's and this CM starts talking to Jimmy. "Hey, kid, you like Star Wars?" He nods. "Do you like slushies?" He nods. I'm behind him like, "Jimmy, speak." He says he likes Star Wars and Chewbacca. She says, "Do you like BB-8?" He nods. (I shake my head at his nodding). She goes away and comes back with a BB-8 with a straw sticking out of him filled with red and green holiday slushie. "Merry Christmas, kiddo." :) It was SO awesome!!

I don't want this to be your last trip report. :worried: I don't really care if it takes you a year to write them. I like reading them!!!

I think this might be my last trip report, honestly, since I CLEARLY cannot keep up with them anymore since losing my ability to DIS at work. Sigh.

You stop that right now! Love your trip reports and I really look forward to reading them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter