I'm curious.

I am Christian. Roman Catholic to be exact. However, I am what we call a 'kitchen Catholic'. I am a confirmed Catholic but there are a lot of things that I disagree with.

In my first 5 years of life, my mom and I lived with my grandparents and my three aunts. We went to church every week religiously (no pun intended). That's just how my mom and aunts were raised. My grandparents aren't gung-ho Catholics but they go to church every week and that's the basic extent of it. Once we didn't live there, we never went to church. So that's how I was raised.

We don't go to church because I (more like we) don't believe that you have to to be a good Catholic. We go on Easter and Christmas because they are important days in my religion. I feel very strongly about this.

I don't do the Lent thing either. It is my firm belief that when Jesus was on the cross dying he said "every Friday during the 40 days before Easter (not including Sundays, of course) none of my people shal eat meat. They will give up something as a sacrifice during this time..." etc. Basically, I don't like the church-made rules.

As far as God goes, I believe in him and I pray to him every night before I go to bed. However, I believe that the belief in God's creation and evolution can co-exist in one's mind. I believe that God created the world in 7 days. However, I don't think those days are set at what we have now. I believe that all that dinosaur stuff, etc. could have all happened in the course of day 3.

I firmly believe that you are in control of where you end up after death (heaven or hell). I know that there are some religions that say that if you believe in God, regardless of what you do, you will go to heaven. I cannot begin to believe this. If someone knocks off 30 people in a week but says that he/she believs in God (however that may work), they should not end up in the paradise that is heaven.

As far as moral issues go, I don't think that it's fair for any given person to decide upon their stance based on religion alone. As an example, I am intensly (sp?) in favor of equal rights for homosexuals. I believe that God loves all and that overrides whatever anyone wrote and said was the written law.

I once went to a required session thing at my church and in it, they had a speaker preach to us that to marry a black person is sinful and, as a result, you'll end up in hell. At that time, my mother, my friend and her mom, and I walked out there. We don't go to that church for our 2 services a year. It is impossible for me to fathom that God would discriminate against anyone that he himself created.

I'm catholic and I agree with most of the things you say. Except I go to a church a little more often than that and at least try and do the meat thing because god sacrificed for me I can sacrifice for him on the other hand I don't do that giving up something ********.

I'm catholic and I agree with most of the things you say. Except I go to a church a little more often than that and at least try and do the meat thing because god sacrificed for me I can sacrifice for him on the other hand I don't do that giving up something ********.

Yeah, I realized when I read this that I was misleading with that part which I should go change.

I don't eat meat on Fridays for whatever reason (it's hard for me to understand my own mind sometimes!) but I don't give up candy, or pop, etc., or any of that crud.

Do you have a set religion? I am religious, but I'm not sure WHAT my religion is. I know what I believe, but as I'm growing, I realize that the church I was rasied in is not the religion (or denomination, I should say) that I most believe. So not really.

What is it? Again, I don't know. For the past few years, I have done research on my own, trying to find what religion suits my beliefs, and I have not yet found it. The closest I have come is Lutheranism, and they're pretty close.

What do you believe, and why? I don't know how much detail you want me to go into... I believe that God created the earth, and all the common Bible stories people hear all the time (Noah's Arc, Adam and Eve, David and Goliath, etc.)
I believe that, despite the Deacons and society of the time, God loved everybody. EVERYbody. That includes women, homosexuals, etc. I believe, therefor, that women should have leadership roles in the church, such as pastor/preacher, deacon/elder, even the person that collects offeeings. (In the church I was raised in, PCA, those roles were all men).
I do not believe in predestination (where God picks certain people to go to Heaven, despite what they believe), which a lot of Christian religions belive. There's a thing called SINGLE predestination, which is a little better, but Double is... just not right in my opinon. SINGLE is where God KNOWS the decisons you'll make, and ultimately where you'll end up. That's not so bad, I guess. Double is where like he knows, and despite what you believe, you either go to Heaven or hell. I believe in Heaven AND hell, and I believe that believers go to Heaven and nonbelievers go to hell.
I believe that Baptism should be Believers only (so like no infant baptism). That's one thing that my parent believe too, so in a church that every week baptizes infants, I was the eight year old who went through the class.
Those are the main points of my... i don't know how to put it. That's what I base a religion on. And I know that no religion will be ABSOLUTELY perfect. Lutheranism is the closest I can find, so I've been doing some more research on it.

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing?
Yeah, both. I've studied all the religions I can (some more in depth than others), and I was raised to think one thing. I've been breaking away from what I was rasied ot believe, now that I have my own opinions about Biblical stuff, but I still belive the basics of what I was raised with. There are only a few things, a few MAJOR things, that I don't believe in the PCA, but enough to make me NOT one.

my family is Roman Catholic, I don't really have a say and I've grow up believeing in god and he created people and Earth and I don't think I'm ever gonna stop.

For all the people who say "Why believe in a God if there's no proof he's real?" I ask you "Why NOT believe in a God?"

I myself woul much rather praise and follow a God while on Earth. If I do this, and there is a God, then I get to go to a paradise called heaven for the rest of the days. If I don't believe there's a God while on Earth I go to hell for the rest of the days.
If there ends up not being a God once I die, what have I lost praising one while I was on Earth? That's right. I lose nothing. If there is a God, what could I lose by not praising him? Everything.

See how I think. I'd much rather "be safe than sorry" or "be saved than sorry".

why don't you learn on your own?

I could learn on my own its just I would rather someone of that religion teach me so I can get it from that person instead of reading about it on the internet.

Do you have a set religion? - Yes
What is it? - Christianity -- non denominational.

If you don't, why not? - N/A

What do you believe, and why? - I believe Jesus is the Son of God. I also believe there is 1 God, which enternally Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There's alot more, but I don't have time to name them all.

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing? - Yep, I've studied numerous religions.

Do you have a set religion? - Yes
What is it? - Christianity -Protestant- Southern Primative Baptist
If you don't, why not? - N/A

What do you believe, and why? - I believe God created everything on the heavens and earth and that He and His Son are our Savior and that every action that happens is affected and controlled by Jesus/God in one way or the other.

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing? - I've studied the basics of hiduism and buddhism and judaism in school.

Do you have a set religion? Catholic
What is it? I don't know how to word it

If you don't, why not? N/A

What do you believe, and why? I believe in God, the Holy Trinity, and the Bible

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing? No, but I have learned a little about hinduism from my friend.

About what people believe.

Do you have a set religion? Yes.
What is it? Christianity; LDS (Mormon, if you will) to be specific.

If you don't, why not? N/A

What do you believe, and why? I believe that God created the world and Adam and Eve, and that we are their descendants. Also, I believe that there is one god, and that Jesus is the son of God. I also believe that the age of 8 is the correct time for baptism, and you also recieve the Holy Spirit after you are baptised. I also believe that the Native Americans and the Hispanics are descended from people from Jerusulam (sp?). That last part is hard to explain on a message board.

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing? I've heard about many different religions, such as Buddhism and Islam. They are very, very different than mine! I wouldn't want to convert, however.

Discuss religion.

I absolutely hate it when people use religion as an excuse to be mean to people and bash other groups. People bash us all the time. Heck, some people think that we have HORNS. *Feels head* I don't have any... I think.

I forgot to say this but I am a Christian-Lutheran to be exact. I seem to be one of the only ones that arn't Catholic. Something that bothers me is that some of the Christian Churches get a bad rap for the rest of us. We don't all do the same things. At my church we believe that if you give your life up for God than you are saved.

I feel bad for some of those guys. (the ones in suit and tie, on a bicycle) They have to go to a town they've never been to as soon as they turn 18 on a mission trip to witness to people. I'm nice to them, I just say I'm not interested.

Those missionaries are probably from my church. They aren't forced to go, but they're encouraged. I personally want to go on my mission.

C.J. Sparrow-What do mormons believe? I do not know much about this religon. I saw this show on some channel about mormons. I don't remember much but I thought that there was something about how they could have more than 1 wife at the same time. Is this true?

Do you have a set religion? Yes I'm a christian

What is it? It states that we belive in a God who created everything and then made Jesus Christ who is our savior

If you don't, why not?N/A

What do you believe, and why? I belive this because i was raised that this happened.

Okay their are two guys, one guys belives in God/Jesus and the other is an athiest. They both have a great life raising a family and never going to jail or anything else bad. They die.

Senario 1: They both die and the Guy that belives in God/Jesus belived in something that didnt exist, but still has the same fate as the guy that didnt belive in God/Jesus

Senario 2: They both die. God exists. The guy that belives in God/Jesus goes to heaven. The guys that doesnt, goes to hell because he didnt belive in God/Jesus

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing? I was raised to belive in christianity

Do you have a set religion? Yes I'm a christian

What is it? It states that we belive in a God who created everything and then made Jesus Christ who is our savior

If you don't, why not?N/A

What do you believe, and why? I belive this because i was raised that this happened.

Okay their are two guys, one guys belives in God/Jesus and the other is an athiest. They both have a great life raising a family and never going to jail or anything else bad. They die.

Senario 1: They both die and the Guy that belives in God/Jesus belived in something that didnt exist, but still has the same fate as the guy that didnt belive in God/Jesus

Senario 2: They both die. God exists. The guy that belives in God/Jesus goes to heaven. The guys that doesnt, goes to hell because he didnt belive in God/Jesus

Have you studied religions other than your own, or were you raised to believe a certain thing? I was raised to belive in christianity

I'm an atheist. I fully 100% believe that god is not real. I'm okay with my belief. I'm not worried about dying and going to hell, becuase I don't believe in hell. I could not believe in god right now if I tried to, my heart just wouldn't be in it. I refuse to believe in something that is so incredibly wrong (to me) for a just in case thing, like you described it.

Lets say I'm wrong. I'll take my eternal punishment. Because I honestly believe what I believe. I'd be lying if I said that I believe in god. I refuse to live in fear of death. I've almost died before, and its a peaceful feeling. I'm not afraid of death, and I'm not afraid of anything after death.:confused3

Lets say I'm wrong. I'll take my eternal punishment. Because I honestly believe what I believe. I'd be lying if I said that I believe in god. I refuse to live in fear of death. I've almost died before, and its a peaceful feeling. I'm not afraid of death, and I'm not afraid of anything after death.:confused3

I'm just saying that if god does exist (which i do belive) that i will go to heaven if i dont screw up my life by killing someone or something of that nature.

Eternal is a very very very long time and to me i would rather not spend that long time living in my worst nightmare every single day. There would be no Happieness(sp) and if you think the world is a messed up place now, just imagine how bad it would be.

Now you shouldnt belive in God/Jesus so you dont go to hell, but i would much rather go to a happy place

I'm just saying that if god does exist (which i do belive) that i will go to heaven if i dont screw up my life by killing someone or something of that nature.

Eternal is a very very very long time and to me i would rather not spend that long time living in my worst nightmare every single day. There would be no Happieness(sp) and if you think the world is a messed up place now, just imagine how bad it would be.

Now you shouldnt belive in God/Jesus so you dont go to hell, but i would much rather go to a happy place

Were not here to shove out opinions down each others throats. Just because we are under 20 dosn't mean we have to fit that stero-type I think this was meant to be a much more intelligent and discussed thread than your wrong no your wrong type. Oh and don't ever question and Atheist unless you have been one. If your going to dispute something use your brain.

I absolutely hate it when people use religion as an excuse to be mean to people and bash other groups. People bash us all the time. Heck, some people think that we have HORNS. *Feels head* I don't have any... I think.

That happened to my mom when she was married to her first husband and they were in Alabama visiting his family. He is a Southern Baptist and my mom is Jewish.

His grandmother asked if she could feel her head and my mom asked why and the grandmother wanted to feel for horns on her head.

The grandmother thought all Jewish people had horns.

For all the people who say "Why believe in a God if there's no proof he's real?" I ask you "Why NOT believe in a God?"

I myself woul much rather praise and follow a God while on Earth. If I do this, and there is a God, then I get to go to a paradise called heaven for the rest of the days. If I don't believe there's a God while on Earth I go to hell for the rest of the days.
If there ends up not being a God once I die, what have I lost praising one while I was on Earth? That's right. I lose nothing. If there is a God, what could I lose by not praising him? Everything.

See how I think. I'd much rather "be safe than sorry" or "be saved than sorry".
It seems to me, Katie, that you only worship god because you're scared of going to hell. What great things to teach our future generations. Be good, stick to the bible, or burn in hell.

As far as me, I'm an atheist, but was raised hardcore Catholic. I'm still trying to figure some things out, so I can't really tell you what I believe in. But I do believe in science, things I can see with my eyes, things that have been proven. I don't believe that anyone should worship something that is prejudice "supposedly" on the people he made himself.

I'm an atheist. I fully 100% believe that god is not real. I'm okay with my belief. I'm not worried about dying and going to hell, becuase I don't believe in hell. I could not believe in god right now if I tried to, my heart just wouldn't be in it. I refuse to believe in something that is so incredibly wrong (to me) for a just in case thing, like you described it.

Same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter