I'm doing it!

Tabetha

DIS Veteran
I'm going to buy into DVC!

By myself!!

I ain't got no husband, and I ain't got no kids!!

After hemming and hawing and wishing for the last two years, I've decided to just bite the bullet and buy myself a membership. I had a nice chat with my guide (I'm too excited to remember her name!) and I'm waiting to get my info packet - it can't come fast enough for me!

I figure why not? I'm at a place in my life where I can afford the payments and dues, I go at least once a year (last two trips were at Deluxe resorts, which can't be beat!) and I'm not carrying any real debt.

To make things super comfortable and to help pay things off early, I've already agreed to take a part time gig teaching improv - which is a really fun way to make a few extra bucks.

Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to sign!

CONGRATULATIONS!

As another single gal with no husband nor kids, I'm also a DVC member. Yes, I get strange looks when people find out I own a "timeshare". But you know what, I really don't care. I love Disney. There is a lot of variety within DVC and the potential to trade to someplace else. DCV forces me to take a vacation a couple times during the year. I'm heading to Vero Beach next week for a few days.

I do take my family...... if they're nice to me :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the encouragement folks! I guess I should say "neighbours"!

And Kathy, I'm so glad I'm not the only single gal. I was positive there were others out there, so I'm glad to hear from one. I've never done a solo trip, though. That may well be on the horizon, now!

Maybe I'll let my boyfriend tag along - I'm lucky to have someone who loves Disney as much as I do!

I'm so excited!

Tabetha.......

And Kathy, I'm so glad I'm not the only single gal. I was positive there were others out there, so I'm glad to hear from one. I've never done a solo trip, though. That may well be on the horizon, now!

ME TOO !!!! and I also caught addonitis and now I'm set!! You will "LOVE" :cloud9: your solo trips .. I take one every year!!
Carol

Hey Carol - I'm trying to pre-empt Addonitis by starting with 200 points!
Hope it works!

It's so cool that there are other single sisters doing DVC for themselves. I wonder how many of us there are?

I've been wanting to join since 2004 when I first heard about it, and kept pestering my sister to join up with me. Duh! Why wait for someone else's agenda to line up with your own!

Single guy here who just bought, although my sister and two nieces live in one part of the house I live in the other ( home with in-law ) I go with friends, family and by myself . I always have a great vacation

Welcome Home

Tabetha said:
Hope it works!

Tabetha- aaahhhh don't count on it!!! :rotfl2:

I also started with 200pts figuring that would be enough. Yea, right! I knew half way thru my first stay at SSR last October, 200pts was not going to cut it. Hello add-on!

I love solo trips. For me, Disney is a great place to unwind and forget about work and life back home for a few days. The only other advice I have is that if you really want a solo trip, be careful who you tell. You may find your solo trip ain't so solo.

kab407 said:
Tabetha said:
Hope it works!

Tabetha- aaahhhh don't count on it!!! :rotfl2:

I also started with 200pts figuring that would be enough. Yea, right! I knew half way thru my first stay at SSR last October, 200pts was not going to cut it. Hello add-on!

I love solo trips. For me, Disney is a great place to unwind and forget about work and life back home for a few days. The only other advice I have is that if you really want a solo trip, be careful who you tell. You may find your solo trip ain't so solo.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tabetha said:
Hope it works!

It's so cool that there are other single sisters doing DVC for themselves. I wonder how many of us there are?

I've been wanting to join since 2004 when I first heard about it, and kept pestering my sister to join up with me. Duh! Why wait for someone else's agenda to line up with your own!

Tabetha,

Another single sister here. Although I haven't joined yet, I'm seriously considering it. I've stayed at various DVC villas the last three trips and loved it. Maybe I'll do it when I go in September.

Congratulations on your decision. Very exciting for you! :banana:

js

Congratulations to you!!! :cheer2:

It is very exciting, isn't it!! :yay:

Another Disney fanatic! That is great, welcome home! It is good to be with folks who love the magic and are life long kids at heart. Walt would be proud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter