• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

I'm fairly new

gymmom

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to introduce myself! I was Lisa Campbell on here for a few days, but changed my name to something a bit more anonymous and geeky! Our family is going to WDW 1/22-29. :Pinkbounc Right now we are staying at PORS in 2 connecting rooms. There are 5 of us--DH, DS#1 (12), DS#2 (9), and DD (9). We have had so much trouble trying to decide where to stay, and I've been driving myself crazy trying to work out this ONE detail before starting on airline tickets, car rental, PS, tickets, etc. I'm still not sure we are doing the right thing. I booked PORS with an AP discount. We won't be returning this year (at least I don't think so). I can probably get the rooms at the "value season" rate for about $70 more. Since I will be paying $150-200 more for the AP than I would have for PH passes, I'm just trying to decide if the other discounts will pay for the difference.

We were really hoping to stay at OKW, but just can't get the size accomodation we need in our price range! I've also looked for, and found, off-property condos/villas/townhomes at nice resorts that are close by that are anywhere from $300 to $700 less. We've never stayed on-property, though, which I've ALWAYS wanted to do. Also because all of the parks have shorter hours at that time of year, the early admissions as well as the rumored late night closings at some parks are very appealing!

I'm still a little on the fence! :earseek:

Lisa :D

Lisa

Welcome to the DIS :wave: I remember you as Lisa Campbell :) As you can see I was a little unimaginative with my name.....I am Kaylee and I come from the UK LOL;)

Sounds like you are going to have loads of fun PORS looks like a lovely resort, I haven't stayed there myself but I would like to visit one day.

Hope you have a wonderful trip !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter