I'm going to die of old age on hold today...

Have you tried putting a hold on the itinerary/stateroom you want online? It will keep your room/rate for 5 days to buy you the time to get through to an agent for OBB/FCC application.
I have OBB but I thought you couldn't hold something and call later to get the OBB. Also, the stateroom we want isn't showing . Might try that anyway.

Getting better it looks like. Its a good time to call. I was on hold at 7pm and the agent picked up at 7:06pm.

I have OBB but I thought you couldn't hold something and call later to get the OBB. Also, the stateroom we want isn't showing . Might try that anyway.
I booked online and then called and had the OBB applied. I also thought you couldn’t do it that way, but the cast member didn’t bat an eyelash about it.

I got through first thing in the morning, it only rang once and it was picked up by the agent, I was so surprised I nearly dropped the phone. It still took over an hour to move my 21 W.B.T.A. to the 22 E.B.T.A. as it had to be dealt with by another department because of the F.C.C.
Good luck to anybody still trying.
Michael

Reading this thread has made me so glad I used The Magic for Less Travel. I sent my dates and info ahead of time, and he emailed me my quote without me having to lift a finger. I'll be doing it this way now forever! I'm so sorry that everyone had such a frustrating day! No fun, man.

Ugh. Yesterday I called at 0930 for an hour hold I was off the phone after and hour and a half. Today, I called right at 8 and I'm still listening to music. Uuuuuuggggghhhh.

I hate to say it, but you lost my sympathy with your 1 hour hold yesterday:

Yesterday, I called at exactly 8AM. Was met with busy signals for 2 minutes and 30 seconds of repeated dialing. By some stroke of luck, I got through at 8:02:30am and waited until 4:15pm. That's a total wait time of 8:12:30. It took me 45 minutes to resolve my issues. I basically spent 11 hours yesterday dealing with DCL booking misery.

The fact that you called at 9:30 and was dealt with in an hour suggests that Disney's phone queue system is tragically broken or malfunctioning - how is it that people who called and were waiting on hold at 8AM were made to wait until 4-5PM, but people who called 90 minutes later got through to someone with an hour wait? Seems terribly unfair, if you ask me.

Same here. I'm trying to apply my FCC since there wasn't anywhere to do it on the website.

Wanted to follow up that I got through at 12:13 and was finished in less than 5 minutes. There is hope if you're on hold!

Omg the wait to talk to Disney is 3-5 hours... I wonder if the price will really go up if I wait 2 days...

I hate to say it, but you lost my sympathy with your 1 hour hold yesterday:

Yesterday, I called at exactly 8AM. Was met with busy signals for 2 minutes and 30 seconds of repeated dialing. By some stroke of luck, I got through at 8:02:30am and waited until 4:15pm. That's a total wait time of 8:12:30. It took me 45 minutes to resolve my issues. I basically spent 11 hours yesterday dealing with DCL booking misery.

The fact that you called at 9:30 and was dealt with in an hour suggests that Disney's phone queue system is tragically broken or malfunctioning - how is it that people who called and were waiting on hold at 8AM were made to wait until 4-5PM, but people who called 90 minutes later got through to someone with an hour wait? Seems terribly unfair, if you ask me.

There are at least two different phone numbers, and some people use the wrong phone tree options and are transferred when the wrong department picks up which maybe puts them in a different queue..? It DOES sound unfair... that isn't a minor time difference!

Edit - make that THREE phone numbers... the one they have listed on their site isn't the two I have. I called both to make sure I'm not crazy and they do go to DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter